+151

Children's books these days are way too predictable and unrealistic. Somebody should start a series where they write real world versions of fairy tales; the first book could be titled: "Cinderalla: What Actually Happened" And the story would be exactly like the original, except no singing animals or fairy godmothers and the book ends when Cinderella dies at age 50 after 30 years of grueling labor, amirite?

Gambiteers avatar
3 11
The voters have decided that Gambiteer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Cinderella isn't really a book "these days". And unrealistic isn't really a valid criticism of fantasy stories.

But then the story wouldn't be exactly like the original.

brothers grimm :P

@brothers grimm :P

What about them?

Gambiteers avatar Gambiteer Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Gambiteer What about them?

they did what your post says.

@they did what your post says.

Wow really? I'd love to read a few of their stories lol.

@Gambiteer Wow really? I'd love to read a few of their stories lol.

Yep linguists in the 1800s travelled the world and phonetically wrote down folktales so they could keep the culture and accent in the stories. I think some are online. The story of sleeping beauty is disturbing :O

@1650516

It disturbed me more that the rape babies nursing on her is what woke her up from her sleep

@It disturbed me more that the rape babies nursing on her is what woke her up from her sleep

I thought the baby sucked the poisoned thingy out of her finger and awoke her...

runnerdudes avatar runnerdude Yeah You Are 0Reply

i love how this post is catagorized " happy thoughts "

amisprites avatar amisprite Yeah You Are +2Reply

What you described used to be the original children's books lol. They were used to teach a lesson

Disney Channel converted them to happy endings