+230

You only get chapped lips like twice a year, but each of those times last approximately six months, amirite?

Gambiteers avatar
15 8
The voters have decided that Gambiteer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I chew on my bottom lip as a nervous habit, which only makes the perpetual chappedness ten times worse.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +2Reply

Nah, I carry chapstick around in my pocket so I don't have that probem.

Why don't you people just wear lip balm? It's not that expensive, or inconvenient.

@Why don't you people just wear lip balm? It's not that expensive, or inconvenient.

I apply Vaseline to my lips every night and put Chapstick on throughout the day, but in the winter my lips just Can't stay hydrated no matter what I do. It's different for everyone. I also have to apply moisturizer to my face twice a day because I have naturally dry skin. It's not a matter of laziness.

@I apply Vaseline to my lips every night and put Chapstick on throughout the day, but in the winter my lips just...

Thats different. Cold winter air dries out skin. And besides, you're making an effort to moisturize.
But if someone's lips are constantly chapped throughout the year, and they make no effort to try and fix it, they have no reason to complain about chapped lips.

@Thats different. Cold winter air dries out skin. And besides, you're making an effort to moisturize. But if...

That was my point, that my lips are chapped not because I don't moisturize but because it's winter and there's nothing I can do.

Also, I totally agree about people having no right to complain if they don't try to moisturize. My bad, I got the impression that by "you people" you meant anyone with chapped lips, not just those who don't try to keep them hydrated.

Ahh, yeah I'm in florida. It's pretty much never dry.
I would advise though staying away from brands like chapstick and going to natural brands, like Burts bees or EOS. They're better for you, and the others will cause your lips to eventually dry out.