+144

The American media is the most successful terrorist group, amirite?

HopeImrites avatar
5 10
The voters have decided that HopeImrite is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1664213

We all know Fox News is hiding nuclear weapons in their buildings.

@1664213

I don't think OP means something as direct as that. He/she means that the media has caused so many people to hurt others and hurt themselves, just by the messages that it portrays (for example, you need to be skinny to be beautiful).

@boxtop I don't think OP means something as direct as that. He/she means that the media has caused so many people to hurt...

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the exaggerated threats of attacks from under countries and to the american way of life certain news networks seem to frequently run.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1664213

The primary way that news programs gather ratings is by instilling fear into its audience. Take the Swine Flu or Anthrax scare. These things affected less than 1% of the American population, but they covered it extensively and the entire country was afraid that it was everywhere and that we were all going to get sick. They turned small issues (not that either of those things aren't bad and harmful) into huge ones causing terror.

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm disgusted that the media has not covered the murder of 16 civilans at the hands of an American soldier to the extent it should.

terrorism would have no effect without publicity. if the media didnt report on terrorist attacks no one would here about them and then the terrorists would have no reason to attack people because they wouldnt be getting their message across to the world.