+188

Religion is kind of like a fandom. You have the toned down fans that are tolerable and completely acceptable. They keep their fandom to themselves and their friends and respect those who don't like what they like. But then there's the zealots, who try to force their fandom down your throat and tell you you're retarded if you don't like it. And just like a fandom, the zealots are the ones that people notice the most. Never the calm, respectable fans. amirite?

AdonisBatheuss avatar
7 5
The voters have decided that AdonisBatheus is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Recently I had myself in a bunch because of having to deal with a cluster of rambunctious MLP fans. They were the kind that openly said 'everypony' and 'Celestria(Spelling?)' instead of 'God', and how they had the 'come out of the stable' still to some people. Then they acted like I just wiped my ass with their shirt when I said I wasn't a fan of the show myself, and how they were going to 'convert me to the herd.'

This post made me calm down a bit though towards the fandom, as I know there are a lot of respectable fans but the most annoying are the loudest.

Recitals avatar Recital Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Recital Recently I had myself in a bunch because of having to deal with a cluster of rambunctious MLP fans. They were the...

As an MLP fan myself, I have to apologize for that kind of behavior. I at least expect you gave it a shot before they bitched at you for not liking it, and if you did, then you have every reason to dislike it.

There's being open about your fandom, and then there's being OPEN about your fandom. I think people just need to calm down.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are 0Reply
@AdonisBatheus As an MLP fan myself, I have to apologize for that kind of behavior. I at least expect you gave it a shot before...

Yeah, I did give it a try. It just didn't appeal to me, but I'm not going to be mean to the people who do like it, each to their own sort of thing. I just didn't appreciate them being so obnoxious about it.

Recitals avatar Recital Yeah You Are 0Reply

Just want to point out that calm =/= respectable.

There are people in the US who think slavery should be reinstated. Should we respect them just because they don't go shouting about it in public?

@Just want to point out that calm =/= respectable. There are people in the US who think slavery should be...

I know that. I've met my fair share of calm assholes, but calm and respectable are good together. Calm and hateful people piss me off and angry respectable people are often butts.