+880

You aren't the way your 2nd grade self imagined and hoped you would be at your current age, amirite?

Lucasbluewolf96s avatar Life
42 118
The voters have decided that Lucasbluewolf96 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I thought I would be one of those amazingly cool, good-looking teenagers that you see in films and on tv. Instead, I'm a socially awkward, liked-but-not-popular, geeky, plain teenager. I'm hoping puberty will be nice to me, and reward me later.

I'm not a Pokemon trainer... yet.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +76Reply
@Axolotl I'm not a Pokemon trainer... yet.

You're only aiming for trainer? You are looking at the next Pokemon...MASTER

@IndecisiveBeliever You're only aiming for trainer? You are looking at the next Pokemon...MASTER

♪♫ There's 150 or more to see, to be a Pokemon master is my destiny! ♫♪

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +1Reply

I wanted to be Asian
but some dreams don't come true

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +71Reply
@1672013

and have a last name that either has no vowels or too many vowels

I don't know what I expected myself to be but I do know I laughed at Wade from Kim Possible for being so anti social and being computer addicted.
I am Wade.
I'm sorry second grade self.

Honestly my second grade self didn't really think that far ahead.

After reading this post, I realized that I have absolutely no clue what my second grade self thought. In fact, I can almost never remember shit that happened in the past. Oh god. Let's hope I'm not repressing anything.

@Brettward95 After reading this post, I realized that I have absolutely no clue what my second grade self thought. In fact, I...

This is actually completely wrong. I know exactly how I thought I would be. Well I know how I thought I wouldn't be. As a second grader, I never thought I would be mean. I always thought I would try to help out the weird kids. Now I just help pick on them. I'm a bully. I'm the exact kind of person that used to torment me. I'm even terrible to the people I consider to be my friends. Sorry to everyone who has to read this. I shouldn't be sharing personal problems on the internet. But most of all I'm sorry to 2nd grade me. I'm sorry little dude. I guess I didn't turn out the way you had hoped.

I'm pretty sure my second grade self didn't know what high school was so...

MartellusBosss avatar MartellusBoss Yeah You Are +37Reply

This makes me sad. I think I'm going to go and try to be that person now.

Skjetchs avatar Skjetch Yeah You Are +36Reply

I thought I'd be at Hogwarts. FML

I hoped by now I'd be able to ride a bike. That's done but I also thought I'd be ready to be an adult, which I'm not yet

blue overalls, with a stripped shirt, a backwards hat and dirty sneakers, with long black Pocahontas hair and not giving a shit.

Which I am not, but damn, I thought that was so cool.

the strangest thing was, I had a vision of myself being pretty, laughing, surrounded by friends, being kind and charming to everyone, and looking completely different than I did now. The wierd part is that there's a girl in my school who I realized a while ago is the SPITTING IMAGE of what I wanted to be. Like, she even looks the same. And she acts the same. It's crazy.

@iceeselenawiz I bet your jealous of her.

well, kind of. I would hate her if I didn't love her, but we're friends now. Also, I'm happy with who I've become in any case. I think I've turned into a different, more interesting and sarcastic person.

mashmallow515s avatar mashmallow515 Yeah You Are +16Reply
@mashmallow515 well, kind of. I would hate her if I didn't love her, but we're friends now. Also, I'm happy with who I've become...

Well that's good then (:
If someone turned into who I had dreamt of becoming, I'd be a bit disappointed in myself. But, it's good to know you two are friends. Also that you're happy with what you've turned out to become.
It's not like anyone can change what they're meant to become.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +4Reply

I bet you're jealous of my correct use of "you're".

@I bet you're jealous of my correct use of "you're".

Go away; your pedantry isn't needed here.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way +6Reply

I wanted to be popular like in the movies. Pfft, I blew any sliver of a chance I had at that in fifth grade.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +25Reply
@SkylarOctavious What happened?

I was basically an over eager annoying stupid immature idiot. Nothing happened, i was just an annoying kid.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@SkylarOctavious What happened?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I think 2nd grade me would be shocked that I haven't gotten my driver's license yet. She would yell at me for not getting as soon as I could.

Then again, I wonder the same thing.

Moonshoess avatar Moonshoes Yeah You Are +23Reply
@Moonshoes I think 2nd grade me would be shocked that I haven't gotten my driver's license yet. She would yell at me for not...

I thought I'd be driving, too, but I didn't realize I lived in NYC and would be taking the subway everywhere. I'm almost 18 and didn't even bother getting a learner's permit.

well i'm sure as hell not an astronaut...yet

@1672655

don't worry, i've been collecting bottle rockets since I was young, in the hopes I could build my own rocket

@1672655

Actually, although the government has abandoned the moon, it still runs programs to other parts of space, and private space exploration programs still exist in America.

ctiscoolers avatar ctiscooler Yeah You Are 0Reply

I wanted to be incredibly attractive.

Goal accomplished. hello smilie

@Nonchalant_Nina

You set yourself up for that one, too.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ No Way +16Reply
@_Jojo_ You set yourself up for that one, too.

How? Complimenting yourself isn't a set up when all the other person says back is "No, you're not" lol

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are +2Reply
@thatguys How? Complimenting yourself isn't a set up when all the other person says back is "No, you're not" lol

She made a similar comment on yesterday's POTD, and when someone made a joke about it, she said she set herself up for it.

http://amirite.net/705188/1671169

I thought I wouId be a rich author, or painter or be working in a circus.

Deathelfs avatar Deathelf Yeah You Are +13Reply
@1672053

1. Deathelf is a she not a he
2. Since the post is now a POTD, she got the first comment on the POTD.

D-WIGHT OUT

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +22Reply
@1671982

There are vote buttons for comments for a reason.

I thought I'd be like a princess or something...

I wanted to be a princess, then I wanted to become a vet, then I wanted to be married. So far i've been all those things for Halloween. Close enough!

Little me didn't care about the future; little me just wanted to jump off of things.

Honestly, I'm at a point in my life that I never really imagined being at. When I was in 2nd grade, I thought about being in 5th grade, as that was the highest grade my school went. Never really thought about middleschool though.

I used to watch a lot of movies in 2nd grade so I had that cliche idea that every teenager was popular and cool in my head. I was wrong, so very wrong. :p

My second grade self would probably be pissed that I'm not going on any magical, death-defying, world-changing adventures in English forests every day.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +7Reply

I thought I was gonna be a pirate....my dreams are crushed.

Moosras avatar Moosra Yeah You Are +6Reply

I am still in second grade, I am more or less exactly how I picture myself right now.

@1672658

Nope, I'm just really nearby.

I wanted to live forever.
So far so good.

No, I've always been very value and goal oriented. In the second grade, I had some pretty strong values for my age. I wanted to stay smart, get into a good college, have talents, and be a good person at this point in my life. Oh, and I wanted long hair, haha. I think I stuck to that plan. I will say that I wanted to be an actress, so I'm a little disappointed that I stopped acting, but I replaced that talent with singing which I think my second grade self would find to be a pleasant surprise. Not everything went smoothly, but I'll take it.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ No Way +4Reply

I remember I wanted to be a smurf, and then have kids

They'd call me Papa Smurf...

(Unfortunately I forgot I'd have to turn blue and lighten my hair for that to be better)

Doesn't matter if I'm not where I thought I'd be, I've enjoyed the journey of getting to where I am now.

I thought I'd be an archaeologist. Luckily I'm a 20-year-old looking through amirite at 4 a.m. on Spring Break. My standards of success have lowered slightly. Only slightly.

I went to a private catholic school k-5. My mom made me wear my hair short (at times it was even with my ears) and I absolutly hated that. My school was small and there were about 35 kids total in my class. I felt boyish because of my hair, fat (even though I wasn't really) and very unpopular and unfashionable compared to the kids around me (the mandatory uniforms didn't help). At middle shcool I switched to public and my life blossomed, even though I didn't realize it at the time. I'm tall and lean, and I can pull my hair back into a long ponytail which I always wanted to be able to do. I can drive, and I have friends that I can go out and do impromtu things with. The other day I was walking with my friend out of a convience store carrying M&Ms, a fountain soda and my hair pulled back, and in that instance I knew I was who I wanted to be. And this wasn't out of superficial values, it wasn't the need to be popular. It was out of the want to be confident and happy with myself. I know the second grade in me is happy and grateful because that's what I am. I'm happy with myself and I haven't compromised anything along the way.

Rass avatar Ras No Way +4Reply

I wanted to be the pretty, popular and a hard-core Christian girl.
Now i'm the average, outcasted and Agnostic girl. xD Funny how that worked out.

I'm not a power ranger pokemon master wizard, so yes, I'm quite disppointed.

Second grade me had four main things planned for high school.

1. Be able to speak Japanese, not check.
2. Be in a relationship, not check.
3. Be witty, I'd like to think check.
4. Not drink alcohol, check.

thedoctormerlins avatar thedoctormerlin Yeah You Are +3Reply

I wanted to be a daredevil. Now I race cars and motorcycles, and compete in bi-monthly amateur boxing matches. Close enough.

I wanted to be a witch... I'm Wiccan. Close enough.

You're wrong! I am... The Batman!

@Gambiteer

Thank God other people support Community on Amirite.

Lol @ Jeff the Hulk

@Exploding_Chickens Thank God other people support Community on Amirite. Lol @ Jeff the Hulk

That being said, Cougar Town should run for 6 seasons and a movie. amirite?

@Gambiteer

COMMUNITY

sansas avatar sansa Yeah You Are 0Reply

I am pretty much how I pictured how I would be.

Well, I thought I would be a cowgirl.

I also thought that was a practical career choice for me, so...

No, not at all.

WhoIsSierras avatar WhoIsSierra Yeah You Are +2Reply

I wanted to be a person that never ever contracted the deadly disease best known as "boy cooties".

PopsicleSticks avatar PopsicleStick Yeah You Are +2Reply
@1671990

I may not be able to give you cooties, but I could give you herpes. Close enough?

Honestly, as a kid I never thought about what I'd be like in the future. I could never really imagine myself being anything other than a kid... unrealistic, I know, but I guess I never thought things would change. It was quite the unpleasant surprise when they did.

Nope, not married yet...

I thought I'd have a hot girl friend who I'd sex all the time. At least I still have my hands.

In 2nd grade, all I wanted to be was like the typical cool high school kid. I'm almost 18 now, and I think I'm what my 2nd grade self hoped for; (Not being self absorbed or cocky) I drive, I have a boyfriend, I play varsity sports, I dress nice and I make my hair how I wanted to when I was little. Seems a little vain but that's what I wanted for myself in the future, when it was difficult to fit in as a non-white child.

I wanted to be tall and popular and beautiful through high school, and I wanted to become a Power Ranger when I graduated. I'm a 5'0" socially awkward nerd. And I don't think I can be a Power Ranger, either.

i'm not the way 21 year old me imagined I'd be, and I'm 22.

I thought I'd be like 6 feet tall, have long curly brown hair, and a zillion friends.

Today, I'm 5'6, have frizzy blue hair, and like 12 friends which annoy me greatly.

I think I wanted to be the mailman around 2nd grade. Now I want to be an astrophysicist, and I'm not sure if little me would be disappointed or ecstatic. I also wanted to be able to do the Kamehameha.

JAYwalkers avatar JAYwalker Yeah You Are 0Reply

Oh my God! I'm 15 years old?! I'm a TEENAGER! I'm CONFIDENT AND COOL AND REALLY REALLY PRETTY. Everyone is envious of me 'cause I'm COOL AND AMAZINGLY GOOD-LOOKING and I'm a TEENAGER. Because I'm a TEENAGER I get to go out ANYWHERE I LIKE and stay up late and I'll have sleepovers every night and we'll all stay up until the morning and watch movies and have popcorn fights and it'll be really cool 'cause otherwise I'd get into trouble for doing that, but because I'm a teenager I can do WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT. Did I mention I was REALLY cool?
...
Lol no.