+146

Whether anyone likes it or not, the United States is the mightiest nation in the world, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar
0 66
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1670131

You do not want to start a nuclear war with the US. That would fuck everyone. Just like we don't want to start a nuclear war with Russia or pretty much any nation with nuclear power.

Why is it that on practically every post with posistive things written about the USA, someone has to play the "lol ur fat" card? Is that really relevant?

Society is just a bunch of cattle on a farm. All of the world leaders are the farmers. The farmers don't give a shit about the cattle, they just want power over them.

I would say probably overall the US is mighty, but when you look into specific categories then other countries beat it.

And if your country (if you're outside the US) started a war with who you assumed were "the bad guys", America would be the first ally you want.

I believe it's already been mentioned, but the UN now recognizes China as the most powerful nation in the world on the basis of many economical foundations, a larger military, and larger Weapons of mass destruction cashe. Not that a title like that is relevant

America is the most powerful. Doesn't mean that they're always right though, and that's why I almost never support some of their policies. Just like any other country, they're trying to become more powerful while pushing other countries down so the world will eventually end up to be one huge clusterfuck of "America" and "America's vassals".

One of the best thing about america is that it is like a mini-earth, with all different types of cultures and people, so of course we would be a world power since we contain damn near every part of the world

@1669921

China will outstrip the US but for now, I believe the US is still ahead

@swimlax China will outstrip the US but for now, I believe the US is still ahead

I honestly don't believe that China will beat the US. These trends do not last forever. There have been multiple times in history where another nation was supposed to become more powerful than the US. It will never work with a communist regime. I know they're moving further away from communism all the time, but it's not enough. They don't have democracy (maybe I should have said dictatorship instead of communist regime). There is widespread censorship and multiple totalitarian tactics to control the population. It will not last forever and I don't think the current growth will last even long enough to overtake the US.

@1669921

China owns some of America, so if America falls through, China is screwed.

But that's no compliment since we're a bunch of cunts.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -3Reply

Part of the problem with Americans is the fact that they think they're number one. They might have the best military force (debatable), but if you consider how much debt they have, how they're number one in gun related crimes, and have pretty high obesity rates, they really aren't the best. Canada has better health care, China has a larger army, nearly every other country is safer. Please explain what makes them the mightiest nation.

@Catbaaned Part of the problem with Americans is the fact that they think they're number one. They might have the best...

Chinas army has been called y many military experts "an untrained rabble" the us would destroy literally any other country in a war. So talk about healthcare and gun crimes all you want. But don't talk shit about the military.

Have you seen the death records from the Vietnam war? Way more Vietnamese were killed than Americans. The reason America didn't win the Vietnam war was political reasons, not military. The American military was under orders not to escalate the conflict by mounting a major invasion against north Vietnam. Also the war was not backed by a majority of the American public. In a war where the American public fully supports a war against a true opponent no one could stop them.

and probably the fattest

@ilikefurrywolves4815 and probably the fattest

Hmm, thanks for reminding me of that. I mean, it's not like the best athletes in the world are from America, or anything...

@1669919

But nobody cares about tennis here

@1669935

swimming, lacrosse, skiing, snowboarding, basketball, baseball(arguably), and skateboarding/other similar stuff

and then we could be considered top in women's soccer and men's ice hockey, depending on how you look at it

@1670085

We can have the best athletes without being the best in all of the sports

@Bull. SHIT. dont give americans to much credit now...

I'm just letting the numbers and stats speak for themselves. The winningest Olympian of all time is from the USA.

@1669935

Basketball is one.. haha. But right now, I can't think of another one

@swimlax But nobody cares about tennis here

The only reason no one in America cares about a certain sport is because no one from America is good at that sport.

Whackas avatar Whacka No Way -1Reply
@1669912

You mean like swimming, lacrosse, skiing, snowboarding, and basketball?

Oh, I've heard of those before!

@1669925

uhh hate the united states all you want but it's a nation.

@1670021

na·tion   [ney-shuhn]
noun
1. a large body of people, associated with a particular territory, that is sufficiently conscious of its unity to seek or to possess a government peculiarly its own: The president spoke to the nation about the new tax.

Yeah right you really are not the mightiest maybe you have a little influence but not mighty considering you can't even take care of your own country... And great people don't come from america they live there and were born and raised elsewhere

DaNawhos avatar DaNawho No Way -24Reply
@DaNawho Yeah right you really are not the mightiest maybe you have a little influence but not mighty considering you can't...

a "little" influence?
a) We started the UN, and it is run in America
b) We basically run the film industry
c) We have the strongest fighting force in the world

I'm not saying America's the brightest, or the strongest, or the toughest, but it certainly is the most powerful country for those three reasons. I hate when people "hate" on America. We fucking take care of our country plenty. Our problems come when we begin trying to take care of other peoples countries. And many "great" people have come from America, probably a larger amount than come from most countries. So if you wan't to take a hit at America for being fat or whatever, fine, but don't belittle us, because we are the most powerful nation whether you like it or not.

@flynSpaghettiMonster america hated the shit out of Britain when it was the most powerful

And yet we still beat them. The best and strongest military in the whole world, beat by some ragedy team of country bumpkins who weren't actually from a real country yet. Who looks so tough now?

@And yet we still beat them. The best and strongest military in the whole world, beat by some ragedy team of country...

that wasn't my point at all, I was saying that americans are being hypocritical when they say: "I hate when people "hate" on America." because when Britain was the most powerful nation they it. So why should they be suprised when other nations "hate" on them now that they are the most powerful nation? It really does not matter who is in power, people are going to "hate" on them. Americans should expect this; they do it to.
On what you were talking about: you also had the help of France, Spain, and the Netherlands. I won't go into details, but it wasn't quite what you described.

@yay_im_wrong a "little" influence? a) We started the UN, and it is run in America b) We basically run the film industry c) We...

a) the league of nations (the precurser to the UN) was thought of by an american president yes, but the US wasn't even part of it, they neglected to join because they wanted to be isolantionist.

@flynSpaghettiMonster a) the league of nations (the precurser to the UN) was thought of by an american president yes, but the US wasn't...

Un was thought of by American president and we had pretty much complete control of it up until the 70's when soviets finally accepted their seat on the security council

i'll admit that america has the largest military and all that other shit you said and sure if america were to fuck up the rest of the world would feel the effect but just the fact that 99% of americans think that america is the greatest fuckin thing to ever happen to the world shows how insignifficantly stupid you cunts are. so anyone who thinks that america is the greatest can go fuck themselves

kings avatar king No Way -2Reply
@king i'll admit that america has the largest military and all that other shit you said and sure if america were to fuck...

What are you talking about? Besides the fact that this argument does not prove anything besides your ignorance, if anything, one thing Americans can truly be admired or looked down on for (however you see it) is that we are CONSTANTLY questioning our actions, government, and motives. Especially after the Vietnam War. Even when it comes to teaching such things as the Marshall Plan in school, we're never taught that we're "the greatest fuckin thing ever to happen" because we helped out Europe after WWII, it's always taught in a light that shows how are motives were inspired by self-interest as well.

As your name says you are wrong.... And you won't be able to change my opinion so don't bother

@DaNawho As your name says you are wrong.... And you won't be able to change my opinion so don't bother

But those are just facts. If you gave me evidence to prove that America isn't very powerful, then I would admit that you are right. Clearly you are too simple-minded or stubborn to admit that I have proved you wrong.

@yay_im_wrong But those are just facts. If you gave me evidence to prove that America isn't very powerful, then I would admit...

To have not proved me wrong I just don't bother with arguing over the Internet because you don't convince anyone. How bout we just believe what we want? :)

@DaNawho To have not proved me wrong I just don't bother with arguing over the Internet because you don't convince anyone...

No, because you're incorrect! I just showed you why. And I'm pretty sure you're arguing, and I'm pretty sure this is the internet. And I have convinced at least 25 people.

get fucked the aussies fuckin dominate america

kings avatar king No Way -27Reply
@king get fucked the aussies fuckin dominate america

Isn't it Australia, not America, that has the highest obesity rate for adult males?

Anonymous