+179

The Hunger Games movie is being blown way out of proportion, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar
4 21
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I loved the book but I'm sort of worried that the movie's going to suck.

sansas avatar sansa Yeah You Are +9Reply
@sansa I loved the book but I'm sort of worried that the movie's going to suck.

I'm not too worried that it'll suck because the screenplay was written by the author, and she even said that she loved the movie.
I think if it's good enough for Suzanne Collins, it should be good enough for everyone else.

Eh, I see why it's getting attention, but it isn't that overexposed.

Yet.

GryndStones avatar GryndStone Yeah You Are +7Reply

Honestly it's not that out there, but then again, I have adblock and I don't watch TV too much. I saw trailers for it and it looked pretty good (but it also looked like it was trying too hard to appeal to teenagers because all of the actors are beautiful and you can just tell they're going to make it into some sort of Twilight thing).

I mean I guess from other people's points of views it might be too in-your-face like Safehouse was or whatever it's called (those trailers are the reason I got adblock in the first place), but for me it's not that pushy. I'm still gonna go see it, and don't fret, because I'll be judging it harshly like I do with every movie I see.

Don't diss my Games.

The media over-hypes EVERYTHING!

what do you mean

@what do you mean

It's not that big a deal.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +9Reply
@AtheisticMystic It's not that big a deal.

Oh yea I guess BUT OMG IM STILL SO EXCITED ANYWAY goo smilie

really im just hoping it doesnt completely destroy the book. i remember how excited i was for the eragon movie. and then they fucked it. so we'll see how this goes but imo its not worth the hype

Cgymnast7s avatar Cgymnast7 Yeah You Are +13Reply
@shelbme The movie doesn't ruin the book. The fans do. o_e

ohh trust me. if you saw the lightning thief movie after reading the book... never have i wanted to strangle a screenwriter that badly. but yes some fans do get annoyingly obnoxious as well

Cgymnast7s avatar Cgymnast7 Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Cgymnast7 ohh trust me. if you saw the lightning thief movie after reading the book... never have i wanted to strangle a...

...oh, true. I heard from an outraged friend that his sword was a clicky pen instead of a cap, and didn't bother seeing it. And the Last Airbender movie completely destroyed the show. What I mean is, you can still go back and enjoy the original thing though.

@Cgymnast7 really im just hoping it doesnt completely destroy the book. i remember how excited i was for the eragon movie. and...

Dont worry it doesnt, it stays very true to the book, of course the books were always going t be better, but some of the scenes are amazing!

It's definitely overexposed.

No way.
I havent read the books, but it looked like an awesome movie from the first time i saw the trailer. I'm kind of excited to see it.

Even the Titanic in 3D isn't talked about nearly as much as the Hunger Games.

So... Who saw the Hunger Games at midnight?