+116

Its kinda messed up that people that dont work get paid by the government to help with their children that they cant support themselves, amirite?

0 12

Yeah especially when its a single mother who just got fired from her already low paying job and then has no way to even feed her kids.

Its not such a black and white issue. Not everyone that receives government assistance is abusing it. Do you know how hard it is to find a well paying job these days? Some people try really hard to get by and just need a little help to get back to a stable position.

@livesmilelove Yeah especially when its a single mother who just got fired from her already low paying job and then has no way to...

i understand that, there is not all wrong in it, its just the wrong thats going on should be more closely paid attention to, and if that is your situation, I'm sorry if i offended you.

flandlewagons avatar flandlewagon Yeah You Are -1Reply

It's also unfair that piss tests have to be taken to give people money but they don't have to take tests to get the money.

Juliafaces avatar Juliaface Yeah You Are +12Reply

I didn't know Mitt Romney had an amirite account!

@vitaminb I didn't know Mitt Romney had an amirite account!

I'm just saying there is some wrong going on with it...

flandlewagons avatar flandlewagon Yeah You Are +1Reply

No problem. But I do agree, that many people do take advantage of the system. Many times you can find people with govt assistance who have the nicest phones and clothes.
Perhaps the goverment could find a way to monitor that people are actually
searching for work or something so they're not permanantly dependent on government assistance.

It's kinda messed up that money is all some people can think about.

@It's kinda messed up that money is all some people can think about.

I am not saying we shouldnt help them but when they get paid more than what they need, and dont try to get jobs, its unfair to people that work and get taxes taken out, and also its unfair to the government because its money that is basically gone.

flandlewagons avatar flandlewagon Yeah You Are +7Reply

But the problem with trying to get a job is that as soon as they have any kind of income they're immediately pulled off of welfare whether they can support themselves or not.

It's not the kids' fault that the parent is a screw up or out of a job though.