+262

It shocks you how much racism there is about Rue, Thresh, and Cinna in the Hunger Game movie, amirite?

Meaps avatar
3 24
The voters have decided that Meap is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It makes total sense. I mean, there's no way there could be any black people in the future, right?

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +43Reply

Rue was said to be black in the books so thats the least understandable.

Lenny Kravitz is just too fucking awesome for them to handle.

MaryKateBurnetts avatar MaryKateBurnett Yeah You Are +32Reply
@MaryKateBurnett Lenny Kravitz is just too fucking awesome for them to handle.

Lenny Kravitz makes the perfect Cinna. He could be purple and still be perfect for the part.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +21Reply
@Stepharoo Lenny Kravitz makes the perfect Cinna. He could be purple and still be perfect for the part.

Exactly! They couldn't have thought of a better guy for the part. He just... I don't know... completely OWNED it.

MaryKateBurnetts avatar MaryKateBurnett Yeah You Are +3Reply

The book says both Rue and Thresh have dark skin and eyes. I don't know how that many people missed it.

@ScottyD The book says both Rue and Thresh have dark skin and eyes. I don't know how that many people missed it.

I missed it for about half of the book until towards the end Katniss said something about her being just like Prim except for her skin. But yeah, at least I noticed it at one point.

I didn't realize that Rue was going to be black. They probably did mention in the book that she was, but most readers, including myself, got married to the idea that she reminded Katniss of Prim, so we all pictured her as a little blonde haired girl. Thresh and Cinna were casted perfectly.

And then there was Peeta. Played by Josh Fucking Hutcherson. Peeta was supposed to be this bulky, blocky guy, who isn't very attractive. And they use Josh Fucking Hutcherson. Okay, yeah, Peeta was supposed to be blond, but not 6'2'' with a freaking chiseled body. This wasn't supposed to be fucking Twilight.

The two dumbass boys next to me at the theater kept making jokes, especially when she was eating the bird (fried chicken, they kept saying). I hate high schoolers.

@1674666

I took note of it, on Rues part anyway, because it helped show the contrast between her and Prim.

Id pictured them all as having Indian-coloring. Not like Native American Indians, but Indians like Hindu and from India.

@Id pictured them all as having Indian-coloring. Not like Native American Indians, but Indians like Hindu and from India.

For some reason, because of his name, I couldn't help but think of Peeta as Indian, even though the author repeatedly stated he was blonde.

@1674937

I imagined the districts having American accents and the Capitol having British accents because the book said Capitolites had weird accents.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1674937

Did you recently read Harry Potter?

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are +1Reply

jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made

sansas avatar sansa Yeah You Are +4Reply

There hasn't been any racism I've seen, except for a facebook article...

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are 0Reply

lol yeah of course, let's analyze a freaking movie.