+185

You know somebody's a 90s kid if he/she was born between 1987 and 1993, amirite?

eldoritos avatar
3 293
The voters have decided that eldorito is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I was born in '96 and I remember pretty much all of that "only nineties kids will get this" stuff.

shorkians avatar shorkian No Way +63Reply
@shorkian I was born in '96 and I remember pretty much all of that "only nineties kids will get this" stuff.

Yeah same here! But I think the entire 90's kid thing is just annoying in my opinion.

LOL do you miss the goo goo ga ga days? Do you miss getting your diaper changed?

You weren't born yet in 1990-95.
You had to diapers, breastmilk, goo-goo-ga-ga your way though 96-97, and you were a toddler in 98-99.

@LOL do you miss the goo goo ga ga days? Do you miss getting your diaper changed? You weren't born yet in...

This is an old conversation, and I'm not re-having. Just know that you're an entitled piece of shit who thinks he has an inherent dictation over a decade just because he was there for more of it. And I know this won't mean much from me, me being a teenybopper and all, but I feel you should know that I'm going to associate with whatever decade I feel I deserve to associate with, and that decade is the one in which I was born. There is nothing you can do to change my mind, short of slitting my throat, and I won't be replying to you again. Good day.

@shorkian This is an old conversation, and I'm not re-having. Just know that you're an entitled piece of shit who thinks he...

Don't you dare speak to me like that you earth scum. Learn some respect junior creature, I am in my 20s, and adult, respect your older superiors!

Anyways, have fun remembering all the breastmilk you drank and the diapers you wore!

That's because you watched re-runs of 90's shows in the 2000's. But if you want to remember wearing diapers and having lullabies sung to you, go ahead and call yourself a 90's kid... LMAO. Anyone born after 1992 is not a 90's kid.

@That's because you watched re-runs of 90's shows in the 2000's. But if you want to remember wearing diapers and...

I'm not sure if you have a very short memory span, or spent a particularly long time in diapers, but by simple definition, yes, I am a nineties kid, and I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it.

@shorkian I'm not sure if you have a very short memory span, or spent a particularly long time in diapers, but by simple...

No you are not! You are a 90's BABY! You were a BABY in 1996, an INFANT in 1997, and a TODDLER in 1998 and 1999. You might be able to faintly remember 1999, but you were still a toddler, and 1999 only amounts to ONE year in the 90's, what about
1990-1998? Childhood starts at age 4, so your childhood began in 2000, and ended in 2009. You are an ultimate 2000s kid. You may have watched 90's shows on RE-RUNS, but that doesn't count. You don't see anybody born in 1986 calling themself an 80's kid, so stop calling yourself a 90's kid, and take pride for being a 2000s kid.

1983-1992 are 90's kids only.

@No you are not! You are a 90's BABY! You were a BABY in 1996, an INFANT in 1997, and a TODDLER in 1998 and 1999...

Implying toddlers aren't kids.
It was my understanding that "childhood" was birth to adolescence. I don't know where you're getting your definitions from, but I'd rather you didn't impost them on me. Yes, I am a 00's kid, but I'm also a 90's kid, as I didn't go through puberty until around 11.

You are NOT an authority on what I'm allowed to identify as. I was a kid. In the nineties. Ergo, I am a nineties kid. And someone born in 86 has every right to call themselves an 80's kid.

Also, who the HELL are you to say "reruns don't count"? I was raised almost entirely on 90's reruns. They largely defined who I was as a child, and continue to, to an extent, define me today. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but yeah, I'm a nineties kid.

shorkians avatar shorkian No Way +10Reply
@shorkian Implying toddlers aren't kids. It was my understanding that "childhood" was birth to adolescence. I don't know...

Toddlers are not kids, because a KID is someone who goes to school, can walk, use conversations, and stuff, not someone who wears diapers and can't talk in conversations. Childhood starts at 4, not birth.

0-1 is a baby. 2-3 is a toddler. 4-12 is a child. 13-17 is a teenager. 18-25 is a young adult. 26+ is pure adulthood.

Re-runs don't count towards being a 90's kid. That's like saying someone born in 2003 is a 90's kid if he watches "Aah Real Monsters" on re-runs. You need to actually remember the shows.

Plus, 1999 and 1998 are not even retro years yet. As of right now, 1997 is the last retro year. As of right now, everything from 2012-2008 is recent, 2007-1998 is dated, 1997-1983 is retro, 1982-1963 is vintage, 1962-1913 are golden oldies, 1912-1763 are antique, 1762-1013 is medieval, and 1012 and beyond is ancient.
So you can't even remember the last retro year!

You need to at least be 4 in 1996 to be a 90's kid.

@Toddlers are not kids, because a KID is someone who goes to school, can walk, use conversations, and stuff, not...

You keep saying things so definitively, as if you're some kind of authority on the subject. You haven't even given me a source, like I explicitly asked. Who do you think you are?

0- puberty is a kid. I actually have a source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child
Please, counter that with more than your usual inane babble.

I remember the bloody shows. They weren't cancelled before I was born, and they weren't all reruns. Plus, I can actually remember some of the nineties. Not much, and I haven't been through absolutely all of it, but neither has someone born in 93.

What makes you think I can't remember 97? And why are you pulling this medieval shit out of your ass now? What even are you.

I can call myself a nineties kid all I want, and so could someone born in 2001 if they were really adamant about it. It's not up to you who I identify as.

shorkians avatar shorkian No Way +13Reply
@1854302

Wikipedia as a source is better than no source. And Wikipedia actually has an insanely high accuracy rate, since most people don't fuck around with it for fun anymore, and it's monitored up the ass by people who care greatly for its accuracy.

@shorkian You keep saying things so definitively, as if you're some kind of authority on the subject. You haven't even given...

Okay then. A kid is someone who could REMEMBER stuff vividly. And how the hell could you remember 1997? You were only an INFANT in that year! I bet that you could BARELY remember 1998 and 1999. You couldn't really know what you are doing until age 4.

Do you remember the 1998 Winter Olympics? Do you remember fanboysim between Mortal Kombat 3 and Killer Instinct fanboys? Do you remember when people used Windows 95, NOT Windows 98? Do you remember when grunge music was popular, and Britney Spears was no where in sight?

Stop considering age 3 to be the main year of childhood, it is not, being 0, 1, 2, or even 3 IS NOT THE SAME AS BEING 7!!!

you are a 2000s kid. Call yourself a 90's kid all you want, it will make people born from 1982/1983-1992 hold a BIGGER grudge against people born from
1993-1999, even IF it's age discrimination.

@Please, counter that with more than your usual inane babble. Okay then. A kid is someone who could REMEMBER stuff...

I don't remember things vividly, but I do remember a few assorted vague moments from 1997, that I do have confirmation actually happened. And again, this rule about having to remember things to be a kid is something you just pulled out of your ass. I'd ask you again for a source, but you seem adamant on ignoring that simple request. I would too, though, if I knew I was just making shit up.

I do, actually, remember when Windows 95 was modern. Not well, mind you, but I guess getting our first computer left a big enough impact on me.

I didn't say it was the main year, I said that a) I can remember it decently and b) it IS a part of childhood.

I'm pretty sure you're just projecting your own insecurities over everyone born around the same time as you. Accusing EVERYONE born between 82 and 92 of being discriminatory sounds an awful lot like bullshit. My cousin was born in 91, and some of my friends were born in 89-92. They can all confirm I am a nineties kid and yes, some of them DO take the title very seriously. I'm sorry you can't come to terms with reality.

@shorkian I don't remember things vividly, but I do remember a few assorted vague moments from 1997, that I do have...

Someone born in 1996 remembers 1997? BULLSHIT!
I was born in June of 1990, and I have a great memory, but I can't remember JACK SHIT of 1991. I can't remember 1991 AT ALL, NOTHING! Not even vaguelly! I remember NOTHING from 1991, so how the hell do you remember 1997?!

And you remember when Windows 95 was MODERN?! You were either 2 or 1 when Windows 98 took over! You may remember your parents having Windows 95 and not getting with the times and getting Windows 98, but still, most people by 1999 were using Windows 98.

Look, just call yourself an "Early 2000s Kid". The Early 2000s were a great time, and I don't have a problem with people born from 1993-1997 and Early '98 remembering 90's stuff AS LONG at they don't call themselves a 90's kid, but instead call themselves an "Early 2000s Kid". Even the Mid 2000s were great, so just take pride for 2000-2006, and stop calling yourself a 90's kid, and maybe we can get along better.

@Someone born in 1996 remembers 1997? BULLSHIT! I was born in June of 1990, and I have a great memory, but I can't...

"Bullshit" is hardly a valid argument. I admit it's hard to believe, and I don't remember the vast majority of it, but it can happen. But really, you can't limit my mental capacity to your own. That's not even meant to be an insult. People just have different abilities when it comes to memory. Some are normal (you) or freaks (me, I'll admit).

Two things I remember from 97: being held by my then crippled aunt, and while her yet to be crippled husband was talking to my Grandma, and my Grandpa talking about how great getting a computer would be for an ungodly long time before finally getting one. I couldn't talk at the time, but I heard the word "computer" enough times to remember it.

I have absolutely no issue with the 2000's. Doctor Who came back, my second favorite album was released, the world was great. I would gladly identify as a nineties kid if I were one. Really, I'm prone to which ever decade has Doctor Who, and that's one area the nineties were definitely lacking in. But unfortunately for you, I'm a nineties kid, through thick and thin.

@1858068

How do I make nineties kids look bad? I admit, seeing someone argue isn't the best way to get acquainted, but right now, I shouldn't come off any worse than Derrick.

@1858087

So because people born in 1990 didn't call themselves eighties kids, I'm not a nineties kid?

What?

And I'm proud of you, I guess. My cousin, born in 1991, is currently unemployed. Is he no longer a nineties kid because of it?

@1858181

Don't pear me. You are actually not making sense. Then again, you being this stupid IS possibly the best argument you could have. Why would I want to be a nineties kid if it meant associating with you.

@shorkian Don't pear me. You are actually not making sense. Then again, you being this stupid IS possibly the best argument...

Don't bother with IkeaCentennial303, he is an unreasonable troll who should be assembling my coffee table. (making fun of the fact that he works at ikea)

Born in 1998.

@1859349

No, YOU are the real troll! All you do is correct people born from 93-99 who call themselves 90's kids. All you do is talk shit to little kids! Your life must really suck!

@No, YOU are the real troll! All you do is correct people born from 93-99 who call themselves 90's kids. All you do...

@Charles: I sort of guessed as much, but I do enjoy a good back and fourth with the odd troll. It keeps me on my game. If I can argue a troll, I can argue anyone.

@Ikea A troll who can site references is an oxymoron. Besides, I'm not the one thumbing up my own comments.

@1859507

I know for a fact that teenagers have been using curse words for DECADES!!! Older people in my family have shown me yearbooks from as far back as the early 80s where them and their friends wrote curse words all over the place. Just because you didn't witness it doesn't mean it didn't occur. I can tell by your comments that all you do is stick to mathematical and scientific facts. You have no backbone and only agree with yourself and anything that sounds right to you. You have no originality.. I was born in 97 and, in fact, consider myself a 90s kid because like most people would agree with, I grew up on 90s fads... My mom has two generations of children. One born from 93-98 and the other 2000-2004 and we, the 90s generation, are absolutely completely different from the second generation. My little sister, who was born in 2000, asks me, all the time, about different 90s kids fads and I remember them all!!! I can actually remember things from when I was 1 year old. I remember my mom putting me in my bed and me being angry because I didn't want to go to bed. I actually do remember Spongebob coming out. I remember the Nickelodeon 90s shows that continued into the new millennium. I remember watching videos of the artists who were big in the 90s. I remember! I remember the 90s hairstyles and clothes my mom used to wear! I remember them being so different than the clothes she wears now. I am a 90s kid and refuse to settle for the title of 00's kid. Kids who were born in the 00's are so different than the kids who were born in the 90's. The 00's generation is today's 12 year olds and younger. They have their own generation. The next generation is just beginning which is the children who were born in 2012 and those that have been born since! They will grow up on iPhones and Galaxies, etc. We didn't! I really think a generation begins on the brink of the previous generation's adulthood. The baby boom! 90's kids are the ones that have been graduating these past couple of years and will graduate the next couple of years. It's just right!

@1859507

ono smilie Wow, you are the biggest fucking dumbass I have ever met in my entire life! You have just proven that you are a troll. troll smilie

You need to get a fucking life... IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

@1859513

I'm not going to respect a troll is is 8 years older than me but acts younger than me! You are not better than me just because you are older, that's like saying Adolf Hitler is better than Martin Luther King Jr because Hitler was born in 1889 and Martin was born 1929!

I care about peoples feelings, no matter what year they were born. YOU just want to kill people born after 1992! IkeaCentennial, you are a troll and you know it!

@1859774

You watch the Care Bears? LMAO Are you a sick pedophile?

@You watch the Care Bears? LMAO Are you a sick pedophile?

I agree with IkeaCentennial303, you and shorkian are the real trolls! How dare you call IkeaCentennial303 a troll after all that hard work he does at IKEA! And calling him a pedophile? Do you know what YOU are? Watch this video!

I think IkeaCentennial303 is getting sick of associating with a place that has trolls.
You are the troll. troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie troll smilie

1apple2apple3apple4 0Reply
@1857973

Awe shit, I was REALLY convinced that I was a nineties kid, but now that you have that totally cited and completely unbiased list, I guess I have no choice but to change my opinion.

Yay, lets all try to prove how much of a 90's kid you are!

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +46Reply
@SpearmintMilk Yay, lets all try to prove how much of a 90's kid you are!

I played Killer Instinct every weekend and would get in fights at recess with Mortal Kombat 3 fanboys. I was born in 1990.
I'm a 90's kid.

Who really gives that much of a fuck about being a 90's kid? We just remember the great parts of that generation, just like kids today will remember the great parts of their's. Being born in a certain year doesn't make you cool.

@midnightcookies Who really gives that much of a fuck about being a 90's kid? We just remember the great parts of that generation...

Exactly! Nobody remembers the terrorist attack on the Murrah building when talking about the 90s.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +9Reply

There are 12-year-olds going round calling themselves '90s kids'. Yes, technically they are, but if you were born in December 1999 you're not likely to remember -that- much about the nineties.
I feel like such a hypocrite slagging off people who are only a few years younger than me, but like the above post I was born in 1996 and remember a fair amount of '90s' stuff.
However, 90s crazes (Pokemon, Tamagotchis, Beanie Babies) carried on until pretty recently, so even children born in 2003 will insist they remember it. Aaagh who to agree with?

This post does seem true, though, as what about the people born in the late 80s? They grew up in the nineties but are not classed as 'being 90s kids'. I think 1987-1997 should be the 'untechnical' rule, but that's just me. 22-year-olds will demand I don't remember the 'best of it' and 12-year-olds will tell me I'm discriminating against them...meh.

@wellwhynot There are 12-year-olds going round calling themselves '90s kids'. Yes, technically they are, but if you were born...

1983-1992 should be the rule, not 1987-1993. Someone born in 1986 is WAY more of a 90's kid than people born in 1993.

1983-1992 are 90's kids. 1993-1999 are not.

@1983-1992 should be the rule, not 1987-1993. Someone born in 1986 is WAY more of a 90's kid than people born in...

I disagree. I'm born in March of 1990 and I only lived for 9 years in the 90s (Not 10 because I would be 10 in 2000) I have a little sister who is born February 1999 and I consider her a 90s baby for sure! No offence but you guys are fucking dumb asses who need to go and review your math because her birth says February 10th ninteen-NINTY-nine emphasis on the second 9. So you don't have to remember the 90s to be a 90s kid because unless it's scientifically/mathematically provenI think otherwise 1990-1999 are 90s kids. I started my childhood in 1994 and I only had 6 years which I barely remember of, so are you calling me a 2000s kid. Bitch please if you are born in the 90s your a 90s kid. You end your childhood when your 18 so I spent most of my childhood in the 2000s so you guys are basically saying nobody is a 90s kid. (People who are born in the 80s are 80 baby's the 90 baby's).

You were only turning 3 in 1999, you pathetic loser.
Being 0, 1, 2, or even 3 is not the same as being 7 or 8.

You are a 90's TODDLER, not a 90's KID! Childhood is from 4-10, and the only people who were 7½ by December 1999 were born in
June 1992 or earlier. Nice try, jerk!

@You were only turning 3 in 1999, you pathetic loser. Being 0, 1, 2, or even 3 is not the same as being 7 or 8. You...

I can see where you're coming from, but as I said I remember a fair amount of stuff from the 90s. I never said I was a 90's kid, and I agree that I didn't live long enough in the 90s to be classed as a 'proper actual real born in 1955 one!!!!1!', but that doesn't stop me remembering a couple of things.
And, just wondering, why did you pick 7 and a half as your example age? If you were looking for the average, that's seven.
Again, I never actually said I was a 90s kid, and even so it's all a matter of opinion. I'm sorry for being a 'jerk' and a 'pathetic loser' but ah well, I'm sorry for being so very stupid and wrong.

@wellwhynot I can see where you're coming from, but as I said I remember a fair amount of stuff from the 90s. I never said I...

7 and a half is the example age because it is halfway between your 4th birthday (when childhood starts) and your 11th birthday (when childhood ends).

If you were born on June 30, 1992, your childhood would be from June 30, 1996 - June 29, 2003.
That's close to half and half, but it's not, because they would spent a little bit more time being 4 in 1996 than being 10 in 2003, by a thin hair they are MORE 90'S!

If you were born on July 1, 1992, your childhood would be from July 1, 1996 - June 30, 2003. A perfect 3 years and 6 months spent in both the 90's and the 2000's. They are Hybrid 90's Kids and 2000's Kids.

If you were born on July 2, 1992, your childhood would be from July 2, 1996 - July 1, 2003.
That's close to half and half, but it's not, because they would spent a little bit more time being 10 in 2003 than being 4 in 1996, by a thin hair they are MORE 2000'S!

This is not opinion, this is biological facts. You should be ashamed of yourself for lying and its up to you to redeem yourself for the bad deeds you have done. Especially since you barely remember the 90's, and were only 4 or 5 when 9/11 happened.
You can cry now, you pathetic piddle hole!

@7 and a half is the example age because it is halfway between your 4th birthday (when childhood starts) and your...

I took this all seriously and respectfully until called me a pathetic piddle hole, you win the prize for funniest insult!
I was only 4 or 5 when 9/11 happened? By using 9/11 to back up your argument, are you saying that only 90's kids (and older) can remember it? I hate to tell you, but at 5 my official childhood was well on its way and so, by being able to remember a '90s' event, does that make me a 90's kid?
I do get your point about being 'MORE 90s!!!' or 'LESS 90s!!!' than other kids though, I agree with you on that one.
I couldn't care less whether I was a '90's kid' (and to be honest I know I'm not) but I'm just confused at your logic.

@wellwhynot I took this all seriously and respectfully until called me a pathetic piddle hole, you win the prize for funniest...

Have you heard of "Mr Vain" by Culture Beat? It was a hit in 1993. Before you were even born. Haha!

@Have you heard of "Mr Vain" by Culture Beat? It was a hit in 1993. Before you were even born. Haha!

Do you remember King Henry VIII coming to the throne? Pshhh no, I expect it was before you were even born!!! HAHAHAHAHA that makes everyone in Tudor times so much better than you!!!!1!
I do know the song, but unfortunately not well enough to recite every word :( Like you said, I suppose I had that inferiority of not actually being born.

@wellwhynot Do you remember King Henry VIII coming to the throne? Pshhh no, I expect it was before you were even born!!!...

I am now listening to No Doubt's "Don't Speak". This was a really big hit when you were just a BABY!
You missed out on that much! Go cry in a corner, faggothole! No one want to hear your sob stories on how you missed out on magical times.

@I am now listening to No Doubt's "Don't Speak". This was a really big hit when you were just a BABY! You missed out...

This is getting funnier and funnier.
Don't Speak? Now that one I DO know the words to, even if I don't remember the day it came out. Sure, I missed out on the atmosphere of the public when one great song came out, but I'll have plenty more in my time (which, agreeing with you again, wasn't the 90s. I don't think you understand I'm on your side with that). I never had any sob stories to be honest, I was just questioning your logic. Again you seem to have avoided my point by insulting a bored 16 year old (and by using homophobic comments, what a great way to back up your argument) Thanks!

@1897314

Exactly.

@1675868

you need to lern that my naim is desmond elijah davis, unejukatid fooll!

I was born in '97, but had older siblings who were true 90's kids, so I did all the stuff they did, watched the same shows, bought into the same fads. I understand why people may not consider me part of the generation, but I think I fit, as well.

@Hairyleo I was born in '97, but had older siblings who were true 90's kids, so I did all the stuff they did, watched the...

Same here. The thing is, most of it carried into the early 2000s so it's easy to remember it. But, according to Facebook posts, "only true 90s kids will remember ____", so I like to assume I count even though birthday-wise, '97 probably doesn't cut it.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +3Reply

You fit in well with people born from 1993-1999, but real 90's kids were born from 1983-1992. You were drinking breast milk in 1997 and 1998. As for 1999, you may have not been drinking breast milk, but you were sure nothing more than a toddler.

If you were born after 1992, you are on the island of misfit toys. Only 1983-1992 are 90's kids.

You were still a toddler in 2000 you pathetic doghole!
Do you remember the Sydney Olympics or Queen Mother celebrating her 100th birthday?
Oh wait, you were only turning 3 that year!

@You were still a toddler in 2000 you pathetic doghole! Do you remember the Sydney Olympics or Queen Mother...

1. Both of those events were in 2000.
2. Some of us are American and don't give two shits about the royal family.

Here's the thing: The 90's are only said to be awesome because the "90s kids" were kids then. Not because the 90's are just generally superior to any other decade. You don't see anybody born in 1983 going like "Dude the 90's were awesome!" The only people that agree that the 90's were awesome are the people who were kids then and the pre-teens trying to be cool.

jitterbug_145s avatar jitterbug_145 Yeah You Are +25Reply
@jitterbug_145 Here's the thing: The 90's are only said to be awesome because the "90s kids" were kids then. Not because the 90's...

My dad was born in the fifties. I was born in the 90s, but my dad likes 90s music better than I do.

@My dad was born in the fifties. I was born in the 90s, but my dad likes 90s music better than I do.

So your dad is like 40 years older than you? Women are done having children by age 40, so that must mean your mother is like 10 years younger than your father? Your mother likes wrinkly balls? LMAO

What IS all this "90s kid" stuff? How did it start? :S I don't really get why people are so eager to try and prove they're a "90s kid". Every generation has its pros and cons; we just forget the mediocre crap because it's exactly that: mediocre. So of course new stuff, which hasn't had to withstand the test of time, seems poorer quality.

Not trying to be facetious, but how did all this fuss over whether you're a "90s kid" start? I'm genuinely curious.

@Chou What IS all this "90s kid" stuff? How did it start? :S I don't really get why people are so eager to try and prove...

It's also because they think they are special because they were the last to experience the 20th century and a time before computers completely took over.

I think it's mostly because "90's kids" were the first generation to be able to share nostalgia over the internet, and it grew into a pseudo cult.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +10Reply

WHY IS THIS SUCH A BIG DEAL

@chch WHY IS THIS SUCH A BIG DEAL

Because the first generation of explorers of the Internet are 90s kids.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +14Reply

Shouldn't 90s kid-dom be based on the experiences and not time frame? I'm born in 96 in Singapore. Everything here lags like 4-5 years behind the US (or at least it did back then), so I have pretty much the same experiences as someone born in the US, where these labels are made, who was born in 1991. My friend was born in 1999, and can hold a decent conversation with a true 90s kid in the US since he moved ther about early 90s stuff. Isn't he considered a 90s kid? And what about people from North Korea? They probably didn't know shit about the 90s in America, but are they considered 90s kids because they were born in 91? 90s kid, in this context, is not a way of determining when you were born, but what your childhood was like.

@B10ckH34d Shouldn't 90s kid-dom be based on the experiences and not time frame? I'm born in 96 in Singapore. Everything here...

No. The 90's is from 1990-1999 wherever you go in the world.
If a show airs from 2000-2004 instead of 1995-1999, then it's 2000's culture for them.

@No. The 90's is from 1990-1999 wherever you go in the world. If a show airs from 2000-2004 instead of 1995-1999...

So a 2000's kid from Singapore is the same as a 90's kid from the US. '90's kid' is a term used to describe a type of childhood, and was invented in the US (or another country in a similar chronological stage) and has become a global term. Thus, unless specified, 90's kid holds the US meaning and thus applies to 2000's kids in Singapore.

True. Singaporeans born in 1993-1999 could be 90's kids. But Americans, Canadians, Aussies, Brits, Japanese, French, Germans, and other nationalities born from 1993-1999 can't be 90's kids.

Choose a label!

1989-1991
1990-1992
1991-1993
1992-1994
1993-1995
1994-1996
1995-1997
1996-1998
1997-1999
1998-2000
1999-2001

WHO THE FUCKIN HELL CARES?! It's not like we are all locked in rooms.

I think '94 is the cutoff, or it should be.

@UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm I bet you were born in '94

You're right, but it also makes sense. I spent almost six years of my life in the 90s, and about three more years still seeing its influence. Of course I would remember it. Maybe 95ers could make that case, but I wouldn't go further.

@I think '94 is the cutoff, or it should be.

Being a 90's kid doesn't mean being born in the 90s, it means being raised on the fads of the 90s.

partinobodyculars avatar partinobodycular Yeah You Are +33Reply

Not really, I was born in the late 80s but don't remember anything about it and spent my childhood that I can remember in the 90s. I would not class myself as an 80s kid.

No, because it was only for a very short time. I had a whole decade of being a kid in the 90s.

Well that means everyone who was a kid spanning two or three decades could say, I'm an 80s, 90s and 00s kid or whatever. It makes much more sense to classify yourself as what you spent the most time being a kid in.

Alright, maybe to you, but most people disagree.

The post is saying people born from 1987-1993 are 90s kids (which is what I'm saying), not people born in 1990-1999 are 90s kids (which is what you are saying)...

'92 is the cutoff. You need to be 7 in the 90's to be a 90's kid.

@'92 is the cutoff. You need to be 7 in the 90's to be a 90's kid.

January 1st 1990 - December 31st 1999 is one generation. The 80s aren't attached to it because that's a different generation. You guys are mixing up generations with eras, a generation is 10 years, get it in your head. A generation does not have a culture because that's bias. There are a million other countries who have their own view of the 90s and not the Spice Girls, high wasted light blue jeans and curly hair.

@BlackDrop January 1st 1990 - December 31st 1999 is one generation. The 80s aren't attached to it because that's a different...

1990-1999 lol
I read some of your old comments, and saw that you were born in September of 1999.
So you're grouping yourself, a 14 year old boy to a 23 year old man? Aww, how cute, you want to sound older and cooler!
Even though I'm against this whole 90s/00s thing, I can tell you that there's no way that 1990-1995 can group in with 1999, and if you were born in September of 1999, I wouldn't even group you in with someone born in 1996.

94 is the cutoff because it is before the halfway point of the 90s. Besides, you're a kid when you're five, not just seven, and my sister was born in 92. We were raised together, so there's no way she's a 90s kid and I'm not.

@94 is the cutoff because it is before the halfway point of the 90s. Besides, you're a kid when you're five, not...

But 94ers only spent 1998 and 1999 as a kid. Look at them being 6 in 2000, 7 in 2001, 8 in 2002, 9 in 2003, 10 in 2004, 11 in 2005, and 12 in 2006. That's SEVEN years in the 2000s against TWO in the 90s.

1992 is the cutoff. Get over that.

@But 94ers only spent 1998 and 1999 as a kid. Look at them being 6 in 2000, 7 in 2001, 8 in 2002, 9 in 2003, 10 in...

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Upvote this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong 90s kid ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no 93-99 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply

There's nothing to get over. I'm not mad or anything, I just believe differently. One, there can be no set rule on this. How do you know that I'm not a 90s kid? Sure, most of my childhood was not spent in the 90s, but if I grew up with 90s culture (which I did), that could make me a 90s kid. My sister and I grew up with the same things and were raised together. If she's a 90s kid, so am I. There is a grace period. The whole culture of the 90s decade didn't disappear on midnight of 1999. I still wore 90s hand-me-downs and still played with old 90s toys. I even went to school for three years in the 90s. The reason I say 94' is the cutoff is because the "grace period" can only last so long before you're really pushing it. Your math is correct, but this is not a completely mathematical scenario.

@There's nothing to get over. I'm not mad or anything, I just believe differently. One, there can be no set rule on...

Nope, it doesn't work that way. You have to at least be 7 in 1999 to be a 90's kid, you can't just use the Early 2000s handmedown.

I agree, I was also born in '94 and had a similar childhood to someone born in '88 or '89. I would say that the true feeling of the '90s didn't really go away completely until about '03-'04 ish, although the being of Bush's reign was probably the first sign as well as 9/11. Most of my friends even agree that the first half of the 2000s was just an extension of the 90s, just with more technology and shifting political gears. Even 2005 felt sort of 90s depending on where in the country you grew up in.

The score of this post is a good indication.

I wasn't trying to dispute your logic. I think the whole thing is stupid. Anyone born between 1990 and 1999 are nineties kids. No, not everyone will remember the same things, but that doesn't mean they are not nineties kids.

LOL if you were born in 94, would you remember when Crash Bandicoot came out in 96? You were only turning 2 you TODDLER! Can you get that through your stupid head? TODDLER! TODDLER! TODDLER! This is not 90's Toddlers junior, this is 90's KIDS, meaning people who had their 7th birthday in the 90's.

The post is not asking the difference between my opinion and yours, though.

No. Being a nineties kid means you were born in the nineties, just like being and eighties kid means you were born in the eighties. Right now we are partaking in fads that originated in the 2000s. Does that make us 2000s kids, even though we were born in the nineties? The majority of the people on here are still adolescents. They are still being raised, and on fads of the 2000s. That does not mean they are not nineties kids.

And you spent part of your childhood in the 2000s as well. Does that make you a 2000s kid?

And you would know that because you polled everyone to see if they agree with me or not?

But you were still a kid for part of the 2000s.

No, it makes much more sense to classify yourself as what decade you are born in.

Why does everyone want to be considered a 90's kid, it's not like you get a medal or anything.

@lien Why does everyone want to be considered a 90's kid, it's not like you get a medal or anything.

Because 90s kids use the Internet, which is cool. Also, kiddies think that liking the same things as the older generation makes you "mature."

It's funny because this post was intended to be a satire of the general 1990s circle jerk on the web. Didn't expect this sort of reaction.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +4Reply

I was born in 1991 like in late spring (May) I won't get offended if someone says that I'm a 2000's kid.

Metalmania91s avatar Metalmania91 Yeah You Are +10Reply
@1726160

Exactly. As Told by Ginger started airing in the late 90s, but it ran through the mid 2000s. If you look up an episode on Youtube, I guarantee someone left a comment along the lines of "This show makes me glad to be a 90s kid"

@1726160

The pilot aired in 1998. Be careful about who you call dumb.

The comment section of this post: where dead brain cells unite.

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +8Reply
@HopeImrite The comment section of this post: where dead brain cells unite.

Yeah, I actually had to turn off notifications for comments on posts that I made for a while because of it.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +3Reply

Also all you people my age and up need to stop arguing and getting into fights with 14 and 16 year olds about the 90s, its just stupid and immature.

Kingspade1992s avatar Kingspade1992 Yeah You Are +7Reply

Who fucking cares if you were a 90's kid or not? It doesn't matter, and making cutoffs is stupid and arrogant.
If you consider yourself a 90's kid, you are one. There's no strict rule about this.
But fine, if you want to feel superior, go ahead and say you are a "real" 90's kid.

@sighcantthinkofaname Who fucking cares if you were a 90's kid or not? It doesn't matter, and making cutoffs is stupid and arrogant. If...

I made this post to make fun of the 90s kid circle jerk on the Internet. I didn't expect a bunch of 00s kiddies to throw a tantrum over it.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are +2Reply

Everyone who was born in the 90s and everyone that grew up in the 90s is 90s kid.

My comments, from across the web,
Are all about being a 90's Kid.

I graduated at 20, and have no job,
Wishing to be a kid again, I still live with my mom.

The only way that I can feel superior,
is to make younger people feel inferior.

When I go onto YouTube, 00's Kids get harassed,
motivates me to masturbate with hand lotion and I JIZZ IN MY PANTS!

But that's very normal for me,
I've been doing this since the age of 23.
Harassing kids born 93-99 makes me feel so good it makes me JIZZ IN MY PANTS!

Don't tell the 00's Kids, or they will win,
I never won anything, not even a cup of gin,
Now I will continue to masturbate...

90'sElitist +5Reply

'94 represent !! jolly smilie

Ok lets be real first of all childhood starts at birth meaning even if you were born in 99 or 89 technically that would still make you a child at some point in that decade now i was born early 95 does haveing older siblings help you to remember yes it does i have a big bro born 1980 and a big sis born 1984 and i can remember when i was 1 and yes i did every thing they did i still even remember playing my bros sega and play station and yes it was during the 90s i also had all the toys and wore the cloths and watched the shows IN THE 90S and at age 4 in 99 yes that qualifies as a child ever heard of early childhood but the way i like to do it is politicly correct meaning born in the 80=80s kid born in the 90s =90s kid cuz to be logical its not about what you remember its when your born therefore "i was born 1985 but dont remember the 80s so im a 90s kid" doesnt count cuz u cant change your decade based on your memory because jst like i was born in The 90s & i belong to the 90s u belong to the 80s rather u like it or not be cuz really ur not a 90s kid u jst dwelled ther we are ACTUALLY from the 90s and thats how your saposed to do it + we basicly had the same childhood from erly 2000s

@Ok lets be real first of all childhood starts at birth meaning even if you were born in 99 or 89 technically that...

No, people born in the 80's are 90's kids.

90's Kid Status of people born in the 90's.

1990-1992 = Good, you reached age 7 in the late 90's, and you went to grade school, so you are a 90's kid.

1993-1995 = You began childhood in the late 90's, but you spent a majority of your childhood in the 2000's and very little in the 90's, so you are a 2000's kid.

1996-1999 = You were only a baby and toddler in the 90's, so if you want to remember diapers, breastfeeding, or having lullabies sung to you.... LMAO

@No, people born in the 80's are 90's kids. 90's Kid Status of people born in the 90's. 1990-1992 = Good, you...

1996-1997 were wearing diapers, and 1998-1999 were having lullabies sang to them and were drinking their mom's milk.

@eldorito I don't think you're on the right website. Here, we say the whole word.

Sorry forgot to put who im responding to so like i said i ran out of space so is that the only thing you could come up with cuz im right lmfao!!! You mad:-P

A lot of you are making yourselves sound dumb. You are trying SO hard to make yourself part of the "90's". The 90s was NOT the last good generation. There was some awesome stuff from the 00's as well. Everybody born in the 1990's from 1990-1999 has the rights to the 90's kid title. That being said, not everybody was raised the same. Truth of the matter is, it depends on what you grew up with. This is all coming from a 1998 baby, who by the way, doesn't care about being labeled as a 90's kid. If you want to be INCREDIBLY technical, than 1998 was the last TRUE 90's born kid because we turned 1 in 1999. Kids born in 1999 turned 1 in 2000. However, as someone previously mentioned, the 90s culture didn't just stop when 2000 rolled in. It still continued on for a while after that. My sister was born in 1993 and my two brothers in the 80s. I grew up with a TON of the 90s fads and pop culture and I am a late 90s baby. It's just the truth. It depends on how you were raised and what you grew up with. All you early 90s BABIES are trying to hard to disclude the rest of the 90s from the generation, but you're wrong. We got just as much of the culture as you did. 80s kids got the REAL 90s.

@1867343

1991 was the beginning of grunge. 1996 was the end of grunge culture.

1997 is right in the middle.

1998-1999 were millennial culture years.

30's Babies are the real 40's Kids and the real 50's Teens.
40's Babies are the real 50's Kids and the real 60's Teens.
50's Babies are the real 60's Kids and the real 70's Teens.
60's Babies are the real 70's Kids and the real 80's Teens.
70's Babies are the real 80's Kids and the real 90's Teens.
80's Babies are the real 90's Kids and the real 2000's Teens.
90's Babies are the real 2000's Kids and the real 2010's Teens.
2000's Babies are the real 2010's Kids and the real 2020's Teens.

Okay, here's how I'd group them.

1973-1974 = Group A 80's Kids.
1975-1976 = Group B 80's Kids.
1977-1978 = Group C 80's Kids.
1979-1980 = Group D 80's Kids.
1981-1982 = Group E 80's Kids.

1983-1984 = Group A 90's Kids.
1985-1986 = Group B 90's Kids.
1987-1988 = Group C 90's Kids.
1989-1990 = Group D 90's Kids.
1991-1992 = Group E 90's Kids.

1993-1994 = Group A 00's Kids.
1995-1996 = Group B 00's Kids.
1997-1998 = Group C 00's Kids.
1999-2000 = Group D 00's Kids.
2001-2002 = Group E 00's Kids.

@Okay, here's how I'd group them. 1973-1974 = Group A 80's Kids. 1975-1976 = Group B 80's Kids. 1977-1978 = Group...

1972-1973 = GROUP A 80'S KIDS
1974-1975 = GROUP B 80'S KIDS
1976-1977 = GROUP C 80'S KIDS
1978-1979 = GROUP D 80'S KIDS
1980-1981 = GROUP E 80'S KIDS

1982-1983 = GROUP A 90'S KIDS
1984-1985 = GROUP B 90'S KIDS
1986-1987 = GROUP C 90'S KIDS
1988-1989 = GROUP D 90'S KIDS
1990-1991 = GROUP E 90'S KIDS

1992-1993 = GROUP A 00'S KIDS
1994-1995 = GROUP B 00'S KIDS
1996-1997 = GROUP C 00'S KIDS
1998-1999 = GROUP D 00'S KIDS
2000-2001 = GROUP E 00'S KIDS

@1972-1973 = GROUP A 80'S KIDS 1974-1975 = GROUP B 80'S KIDS 1976-1977 = GROUP C 80'S KIDS 1978-1979 = GROUP D 80'S...

No, I was born in 1982, and I'm an 80's kid.
I remember the 80's crystal clearly.

I remember playing Castlevania and Super Mario Bros. on my NES after I came home from school.

I remember waking up on a Saturday to watch shows like The Raccoons and Transformers.

I remember owning Ghostbusters and Back to the Future toys, and being a huge fan of the movies.

I remember listening to Michael Jackson, Madonna, Van Halen, Queen, etc. on cassette tapes.

I remember Crystal Pepsi, something you would mistake for Club Soda.

I remember when Slap Bracelets first came out, they may be 90's icons, but they started in the 80's.

The 80's were my childhood years. Plus, in the early 90's, when I was 8-10, the 80's influence was still there, although slowly dying out because of Nirvana. Speaking of Nirvana, I was already in puberty when Kurt Cobain died in 1994.
I started High School in 1996, and graduated in 2000.

The 80's were my childhood years, and the 90's were my adolescent years.

Restarting my list.

1936-1938= Full 40's kids.
1939-1940= 40's kids with a 50's overlap.
1941-1942= Hybrid 40's and 50's kids.
1943-1945= 50's kids with a 40's head start.
1946-1948= Full 50's kids.
1949-1950= 50's kids with a 60's overlap.
1951-1952= Hybrid 50's and 60's kids.
1953-1955= 60's kids with a 50's head start.
1956-1958= Full 60's kids.
1959-1960= 60's kids with a 70's overlap.
1961-1962= Hybrid 60's and 70's kids.
1963-1965= 70's kids with a 60's head start.
1966-1968= Full 70's kids.
1969-1970= 70's kids with a 80's overlap.
1971-1972= Hybrid 70's and 80's kids.
1973-1975= 80's kids with a 70's head start.
1976-1978= Full 80's kids.
1979-1980= 80's kids with a 90's overlap.
1981-1982= Hybrid 80's and 90's kids.
1983-1985= 90's kids with a 80's head start.
1986-1988= Full 90's kids.
1989-1990= 90's kids with a 2000's overlap.
1991-1992= Hybrid 90's and 2000's kids.
1993-1995= 2000's kids with a 90's head start.
1996-1998= Full 2000's kids.
1999-2000= 2000's kids with a 2010's overlap.
2001-2002= Hybrid 2000's and 2010's kids.
2003-2005= 2010's kids with a 2000's head start.
2006-2008= Full 2010's kids.

Childhood is 4-10, so heres the definition

1976 = Spent childhood from 1980-1986
1977 = Spent childhood from 1981-1987
1978 = Spent childhood from 1982-1988
1979 = Spent childhood from 1983-1989
They are Full 80's Kids

1980 = Spent childhood from 1984-1990
1981 = Spent childhood from 1985-1991
1982 = Spent childhood from 1986-1992
They are 80's Kids with a 90's hangover

1983 = Spent childhood from 1987-1993
1984 = Spent childhood from 1988-1994
1985 = Spent childhood 1989-1995
They are 90's Kids with a 80's hangover

1986 = Spent childhood from 1990-1996
1987 = Spent childhood from 1991-1997
1988 = Spent childhood from 1992-1998
1989 = Spent childhood from 1993-1999
They are Full 90's Kids

1990 = Spent childhood from 1994-2000
1991 = Spent childhood from 1995-2001
1992 = Spent childhood from 1996-2002
They are 90's Kids with a 2000's hangover

1993 = Spent childhood from 1997-2003
1994 = Spent childhood from 1998-2004
1995 = Spent childhood from 1999-2005
They are 2000's Kids with a 90's hangover

1996 = Spent childhood from 2000-2006
1997 = Spent childhood from 2001-2007
1998 = Spent childhood from 2002-2008
1999 = Spent childhood from 2003-2009.
They are Full 2000's Kids.

This comment was deleted.
@1892004

Oh wow. You 90's babies are such pricks.

Here's my opinion on this subject.

If you were born from 1974-1978, you're an 80's kid.
If you were born from 1979-1983, you're a mix of the 80's and 90's.
If you were born from 1984-1988, you're a 90's kid.
If you were born from 1989-1993, you're a mix of the 90's and 00's.
If you were born from 1994-1998, you're a 00's kid.

However, this is just a matter of opinion.
The argument between people born in the 80's and people born in the 90's is absolutely ridiculous. I was born in '87, and am embarrassed to say that after seeing people inn their 20s arguing with teenagers on these 90's Kids related topics.

It doesn't matter if you are a 90's kid or not. We are all part of the same generation, which is Generation Y (1984-2000).

@Here's my opinion on this subject. If you were born from 1974-1978, you're an 80's kid. If you were born from...

Nah I think '94 and '95 babies remember enough to be considered 90s/00s mix. Especially if you're born in early '94 like me.

I was born in '91 I am a full 90s kid. However, I grew up in a small town, where trends were always about 4-5 years behind, so I grew up with a lot of 80s culture as well. My younger brother was born in '97 and is obsessed with 90s culture, and it's really cute too. He dresses like a grunge kid and even acts like one. I guess he could be a 90s kid in the sense of what he grew up with, but not in the timeline sense.
But to all the kids who we're born '95 and later that want to consider themselves 90s kids: you don't have to be a 90s kid to love the 90s. It was an amazing time and I'm glad to have grown up in the 90s and early 2000s. If you really want to have respect for the 90s, actually rewatch the TV programmes, listen to 90s music (Pandora and Songza are great for this), study up 90s fashion, etc. Don't just go around saying how cool it is to be a 90s kid if you know nothing of the decade, that's the basic definition of a poser.
Even though my brother may have experienced most of the 90s in the 2000s, at least he has respect for the decade and knowledge passed down to him. Hell, he still plays my old SNES and N64 a lot which I think is awesome.

People born 1993-1997 are 90s kids. Just because 2000 comes doesn't mean all the 90s trends ended. 90s influence probably went till the end of 2004

You're all being stupid. I'd say that it probably depends on how you were raised. If you were born in 1994- 1996 and maybe early '97, it could go either way. If you were raised by older parents without much of the other technology access trademark to 2000s kids, you probably were raised like a "traditional" 90's kid. If not, then I'd say no.

@You're all being stupid. I'd say that it probably depends on how you were raised. If you were born in 1994- 1996...

No, people born from 1994-1997 are not 90's kids at all. People born in 1994 and 1995 could only remember the last two or one year of the 90's, and people born in 1996 and 1997 were only toddlers. They only remember watching re-runs of 90's shows.

If you were born after 1992, you are not a 90's kid.

Viewers are to be reminded that the 90's was from 1990-1999.

1989 = Nineteen Eighty Nine.
1990 = Nineteen Ninety.
1991 = Nineteen Ninety One.
1992 = Nineteen Ninety Two.
1993 = Nineteen Ninety Three.
1994 = Nineteen Ninety Four.
1995 = Nineteen Ninety Five.
1996 = Nineteen Ninety Six.
1997 = Nineteen Ninety Seven.
1998 = Nineteen Ninety Eight.
1999 = Nineteen Ninety Nine.
2000 = Two Thousand.

the people who said some people born in the 90s arent 90s kids are just mad because they can't accept the facts

@the people who said some people born in the 90s arent 90s kids are just mad because they can't accept the facts

The facts are that 90's kids were born from
July 1, 1982 - June 30, 1992.

You are just lying because you are mad at the truth. What a pathetic loser you are!

@actually youre mad and i'm not a loser.

Why don't you shut up, you pathetic scum hole!

Class of 2001 (born late '82 or early '83)
Class of 2002 (born late '83 or early '84)
Class of 2003 (born late '84 or early '85)
Older 90's Kids.

Class of 2004 (born late '85 or early '86)
Class of 2005 (born late '86 or early '87)
Class of 2006 (born late '87 or early '88)
Class of 2007 (born late '88 or early '89)
Main 90's Kids.

Class of 2008 (born late '89 or early '90)
Class of 2009 (born late '90 or early '91)
Class of 2010 (born late '91 or early '92)
Younger 90's Kids.

Class of 2011 (born late '92 or early '93)
Class of 2012 (born late '93 or early '94)
Class of 2013 (born late '94 or early '95)
Older 00's Kids.

Class of 2014 (born late '95 or early '96)
Class of 2015 (born late '96 or early '97)
Class of 2016 (born late '97 or early '98)
Class of 2017 (born late '98 or early '99)
Main 00's Kids.

Class of 2018 (born late '99 or early '00)
Class of 2019 (born late '00 or early '01)
Class of 2020 (born late '01 or early '02)
Younger 00's Kids.

@Class of 2001 (born late '82 or early '83) Class of 2002 (born late '83 or early '84) Class of 2003 (born late '84...

Are you saying that people born in the 90s arent 90s kids all because they graduate in the 2010s? the lie detector determined, that was a lie! BTW people born in 1993 and 1994 are in college now.

The only problem with your school claim is that a calendar year goes from January-December, and not from September-August.

The 90's was from January 1990 - December 1999.
It was not from September 1990 - August 2000,
or from September 1989 - August 1999.

Biology is the only easy way out.
Childhood is from 4-10, so at best, a 90's child is 1979-1995, but counting a majority in the 90's and not in the 80's and 00's, a 90's kid was born from July 1, 1982 - June 30, 1992.

If you were born anytime, NOBODY CARES.

The reason it seems to important is that each decade has been remembered for something cool. 60's, 70's 80's, whatever. To those who consider themselves 90's kids, the 90's was the last cool decade. The 00's and more so the 10's have shown an utter lack of substance. Look at the celebrities and the TV shows. Kim Karsashian's baby is big news and reality garbage has taken over the TV. So when people feel their decade has been usurped by those "not worthy" it creates bad feelings.

Born in '85. Do not consider myself an 80's kid so I can see where people are coming from though.

Mitchatrons avatar Mitchatron Yeah You Are +3Reply

Furthermore people keep throwing around what TV shows they watched. I think things like remembering dial up modems and the rise of the Internet, VHS and cassette tapes and having to call on their friends to play are more determining factors.

90's Baby = 1990-1999.
90's Toddler = 1989-1998.
90's Kid = 1983-1989.
90's Teen = 1975-1982.

the ones who say people born from 1993 to 1999 are not 90s kids are mad. theyre mad because they think those years arent 90s kids when they are. it can be both. just admit it, you guys are mad. lollolololololololol

@the ones who say people born from 1993 to 1999 are not 90s kids are mad. theyre mad because they think those years...

People born in 1993 could only remember 1997, 1998, and 1999.
People born in 1994 could only remember 1998 and 1999.
People born in 1995 could only remember 1999.
People born 1996-1999 couldn't remember jack shit of the 90's.

How the fuck are they 90's Kids?!

this is how I would class them:
1983-1987 90s kids with little 80s influence
1988-1992 90s kids with little 00s influence
1993-1997 00s kids with little 90s influence
1998-2002 00s kids with little 10s influence

@this is how I would class them: 1983-1987 90s kids with little 80s influence 1988-1992 90s kids with little 00s...

Hmm, I would say 1993-1998 are 00's with a little 90's influence, because my nephew was born in 1998, and he can relate to a few 90's things. But then again, that's just my opinion.

I was born in '82.

I can't even be bothered to read any of these comments. They're too redundant and I couldn't care less whether I was a 90s kid, a 90s baby, an 00s kid, or what.

1990 = Halfway between 1980 and 2000.
1991 = Halfway between 1982 and 2000.
1992 = Halfway between 1984 and 2000.
1993 = Halfway between 1986 and 2000.
1994 = Halfway between 1988 and 2000.
1995 = Halfway between 1990 and 2000.
1996 = Halfway between 1992 and 2000.
1997 = Halfway between 1994 and 2000.
1998 = Halfway between 1996 and 2000.
1999 = Halfway between 1998 and 2000.

As long as you remember these, you are a 90's kid

@As long as you remember these, you are a 90's...

Everyone should remember that dial-up sound

I was born in 1992, so I would say I'm the youngest of the 90s kids. I say that because I remember preschool, kindergarden, and first couple years of grade school were in the 90s. However, I'm not a true 90s kid because I did not come of age in the 90s. Yeah the 90s were a great time to be a kid in but I would never ever claim the 90s as my decade. The 00s will always be my decade because that is when I grew up and came of age in. The whole 1993-1999 kids claiming 90s is stupid cause anyone in that age group did spend more of their childhood in the 00s and they know it.Yeah they are 90s babies, but just cause you caught the afterglow of the 90s in the 00s doesn't mean you should claim 90s kids or your decade. 87ers to 92ers can say their a 90s kid but one thing we shouldn't do is claim it as the decade we grew up in and make 77-83ers pissed. Anyone born in the late 80s early 90s grew up and came of age in the 00s, that's technically are decade to claim. We all went through puberty an adolescents in those years. I also hate to burst 94ers-99ers bubbles, you guys are 00s kids but you all need to know that your decade will always be todays decade the 10s. Sorry but its the truth.

Kingspade1992s avatar Kingspade1992 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I was born in 85 and I was a 90s kid.. You shouldn't be offended if your born in the late nineties and people say your not a nineties kid.. Being a nineties kid means experiencing the moments and remembering them. I remember in 1995 my teacher stopped class and turned on the tv to watch the OJ Simpson trail verdict... Sure you can google it and watch it on YouTube but I lived it and that's what makes u a kid from a specific era! I remember the 80s too bits and pieces but I'm not a 80s kid because I'm born in 85... And I'm not offended by it either.... I also lived the pop years when Britney Spears came out and everyone recorded her baby one more time on a VHS during TRL so they could watch it over and over again... Those were life experiences not just vague memories... So don't say u were a nineties kid if u never used a payphone or woke up early Saturday morning to watch saved by the bell or tied a plaid shirt around ur waist or saw titanic in the movie theaters 5 times or thought johnathan Taylor Thomas was the cutest boy or had Oregon trail day at school or if you can't remember dangerous minds on the radio then sorry u can't call yourself a nineties a kid.... Just be happy with ur life experiences cuz although I was a teenager in 00s I have some of the best memories in that era!

Adrienne223s avatar Adrienne223 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I was born in '94 too and I'm NOT a 90s kid. I've got an older brother who was born in '89 and his childhood was a lot diff then mine. Sure I remember a lot of he fads and stuff and have somewhat clear memories of 98 and 99 but I was still in preschool and wouldn't really consider myself an actual kid yet. I honestly can't remember anything being "brand new" from the 90s (N64, Windows 98, TV shows, cars, Supernintentdo) but instead they were all just HOLD OVERS. For example don't remember N64 being new but I remember Gamecube on display at target. All the stuff from the 90s was still relevant but there was always newer and better stuff alongside it... Everyone born in my time (94-97) trust me, when we were kids things were a little different and in my opinion better

Lol well i ran out of space but was that the only thing you could come up with cuz im right lmfao you mad:-P

its not just culture, babies can remember tv shows, video games, music and what they were doing.

@its not just culture, babies can remember tv shows, video games, music and what they were doing.

constant memories start at 3 as a toddler full memory doesn't begin until age 4 which childhood starts

@constant memories start at 3 as a toddler full memory doesn't begin until age 4 which childhood starts

actually, childhood starts at 3 since thats when you start preschool and make memories

@actually, childhood starts at 3 since thats when you start preschool and make memories

only constant memory starts at 3. At 3, your memories are still vague as hell. Full term memory starts at 4, so that is when childhood starts.

@how are memories at 3 still vague?

I was born in 1988, I turned 3 in 1991, I can only remember a few things from 1991. My childhood started in 1992.

@I was born in 1988, I turned 3 in 1991, I can only remember a few things from 1991. My childhood started in 1992.

if you can remember things at 3 years old, then thats when childhood starts. it doesnt matter if you remember a few things at 3, thats still the start of childhood. 3 year olds can remember school, friends, music, tv shows, playing outside, movies, teachers and they can talk.

@

so your still mad, BTW, childhood starts at 3 and ends at 10, there are no kids in middle school. 10-12 years old are PRETEENS.

@Preteens are still kids dumb shit.

no. they can't be, they are too old to play with kid stuff and most preteens hang with teens and young adults.

@no. they can't be, they are too old to play with kid stuff and most preteens hang with teens and young adults.

Adolescence describes the teenage years between 13 and 19 and can be considered the transitional stage from childhood to adulthood. However, the physical and psychological changes that occur in adolescence can start earlier, during the preteen or "tween" years ages 9-12. Adolescence can be a time of both disorientation and discovery. The transitional period can bring up issues of independence and self-identity Sometimes adolescents may be experimenting with drugs and alcohol or sexuality.

@Adolescence describes the teenage years between 13 and 19 and can be considered the transitional stage from...

and thats what 18 and 19 year olds do, some smoke, some drink in other countries, some have sex, some have kids, they can go to clubs, casinos, and stay out all night and party

@and thats what 18 and 19 year olds do, some smoke, some drink in other countries, some have sex, some have kids...

i graduated at 20 i got harrased by older people that sucks the school should be sued and i have no job live with my mom the school is the fuckin reason why i live with her and my adulthood became a fuckin flop the school should be ashamed at itself for letting me graduate in 2009 not 2007 i became a legal adult in 2006 and i was old enough to have sex go out and party and i didnt do all that

@thats why I said SOME, also, you can be independent when you are ready.

Jflemingification is right, childhood starts at 4, because you don't remember much at 3. Memory starts at age 2, but vivid memories start at age 4. Childhood is from 4-10, Adolescent is 11-17.
The 90's kid cutoff is June 30, 1992, because childhood for them is June 30, 1996 - June 29, 2003. That's a slight majority 90's. So stop trying to squeeze in.

90-92 are the younger group of the 90's kids.
93-95 are the older group of the 2000's kids.
96-99 are the main group of the 2000's kids.
2000-02 are the younger group of the 2000's kids.

@Jflemingification is right, childhood starts at 4, because you don't remember much at 3. Memory starts at age 2...

All 3 of you are wrong! Here's a more correct chart:

1975-1979 are 80's kids.
1980-1984 are 80's/90's Hybrids.
1985-1989 are 90's kids.
1990-1994 are 90's/00's Hybrids.
1995-1999 are 00's kids.
2000-2004 are 00's/10's Hybrids.
2005-2009 are 10's kids.

People born in 1995 or later never went to kindergarten in the 90's, so they are not 90's kids. As for the older or younger thing, here is the list.

People born in 1975 are Older 80's Kids.
People born in 1977 are Middle 80's Kids.
People born in 1979 are Younger 80's Kids.

People born in 1985 are Older 90's Kids.
People born in 1987 are Middle 90's Kids.
People born in 1989 are Younger 90's Kids.

People born in 1995 are Older 00's Kids.
People born in 1997 are Middle 00's Kids.
People born in 1999 are Younger 00's Kids.

@All 3 of you are wrong! Here's a more correct chart: 1975-1979 are 80's kids. 1980-1984 are 80's/90's...

1994 is not a 90's kid, you dumb pighole!

You were only turning 2 in 96, you were a TODDLER! TODDLER! TODDLER! This is not 90's Toddlers junior, this is 90's KIDS, meaning people who had their 7th birthday in the 90's.

@No they don't.

yes they do and teens are from 13-17 and young adults are from 18-24/25, adults are from 26-40

@yes they do and teens are from 13-17 and young adults are from 18-24/25, adults are from 26-40

18 and 19 are still teens regardless if your a legal adult at those ages or not.

EightTEEN, NineTEEN

Why don't you go watch John Cena or something, you snot nosed 2000's brat.

@Preteens are still kids dumb shit.

Baby/Toddler = 0-3
Child = 4-8
Preteen = 9-12
Teenager = 13-19
Young Adult = 20-39
Middle Aged Adult = 40-59
Old Age = 60 and up

If you were born in 1993, you are not a 90's kid, you were only a baby in 1993 and a toddler in 1994, 1995, and 1996, don't bring in your 1997, 1998, and 1999 card, because 3 years isn't enough, you were still 7-16 in the 2000's.

If you were born in 1994, you are not a 90's kid, you were only a baby in 1994, and a toddler in 1995, 1996, and 1997, don't bring in your 1998 and 1999 card, because 2 years isn't enough, you were still 6-15 in the 2000's.

If you were born in 1995, you are not a 90's kid, you were only a baby in 1995, and a toddler in 1996, 1997, and 1998, don't bring in your 1999 card, because 1 year isn't enough, you were still 5-14 in the 2000's.

Those born in 1979-1988 are 90s kids. 1979-1981 are early ones since they have major influences of the 80s, the 1982-1986 are the core of the group, considering they were the 13-17 group in 1999, and the 1987-1988 are the last group, which has influences of the 00s since they didn't hit 13 until the early 00s(but was 11 and old enough to understand the late 90s culture from a teen perspective at least).

@Those born in 1979-1988 are 90s kids. 1979-1981 are early ones since they have major influences of the 80s, the...

LMAO You are soo wrong and stupid. LOL.
Childhood is from 4-10.
People born in 1979-1981 are WAY too old to be 90's kids.
As for 1982, only July-December 1982 are 90's kids, January-June 1982 are still 80's kids, why? Because if you were born on
June 30, 1982, your childhood would be from
June 30, 1986 - June 29, 1993, by a thin hair, that is MAJORITY 80'S you lying rapist of the truth!
Why don't you tell the truth or ban your grubby hands from touching the computer keys you lying traitor of the human race!

90's Kids are July 1982 - June 1992, you asscrack pisshole!

50's Kids = July 1, 1942 - June 30, 1952

60's Kids = July 1, 1952 - June 30, 1962

70's Kids = July 1, 1962 - June 30, 1972

80's Kids = July 1, 1972 - June 30, 1982

90's Kids = July 1, 1982 - June 30, 1992

00's Kids = July 1, 1992 - June 30, 2002

10's Kids = July 1, 2002 - June 30, 2012

@Are you still on that 7th birthday stuff again?

Eggs and Bacon is right. Now learn your place, you pathetic doghole!

@Eggs and Bacon is right. Now learn your place, you pathetic doghole!

LOL you enjoyed changing your username on YouTube, now your doing it here on amirite as well?

Get a life, you did the same thing on YouTube, making account after account. Stop playing innocent, you're the same troll on YouTube who makes new accounts,
Ryansuperfag, Herpissingwell86, wingedfuckpelicantroll, 99orangetrolls, and a whole lot of others.

Jphlegmafication, Trolls and Bacon, SeagullFuckWings, Fuckie1986,

All 4 of you are chapter book trolls. You think you speak for real 90's Kids, but you don't. LMAO.

@Jphlegmafication, Trolls and Bacon, SeagullFuckWings, Fuckie1986, All 4 of you are chapter book trolls. You think...

nonconformist20, your right. they are trolls, more likely asswipes. also, they dont even probably know how old people born from 1993 to 1999 are. they still think that they're all under 16. people born in 1993 to 1999 are 20-14 years old now. also to them, people born in 1993 and 1994 are in college now, people born from 1995-1998 are in high school with 95ers graduating soon. people born in 1999 are in middle school and are about to graduate and go to high school in september.

mhey evryone! my naim is desmond and i was born on jorja and rasid on longe beech. im a torus as my burfday is on may 30. my best mimurys of the 90s is when i took a hooj diereea shit in my nayburs yard and my dad wupid my nakid butt in frunt of all the peepal waching me.

80's Kids were born 1973-1982.

Born in 1973: Started childhood in 1977, ended it in 1984.
Born in 1974: Started childhood in 1978, ended it in 1985.
Born in 1975: Started childhood in 1979, ended it in 1986.
Born in 1976: Started childhood in 1980, ended it in 1987.
Born in 1977: Started childhood in 1981, ended it in 1988.
Born in 1978: Started childhood in 1982, ended it in 1989.
Born in 1979: Started childhood in 1983, ended it in 1990.
Born in 1980: Started childhood in 1984, ended it in 1991.
Born in 1981: Started childhood in 1985, ended it in 1992.
Born in 1982: Started childhood in 1986, ended it in 1993.

90's Kids were born 1983-1992.

Born in 1983: Started childhood in 1987, ended it in 1994.
Born in 1984: Started childhood in 1988, ended it in 1995.
Born in 1985: Started childhood in 1989, ended it in 1996.
Born in 1986: Started childhood in 1990, ended it in 1997.
Born in 1987: Started childhood in 1991, ended it in 1998.
Born in 1988: Started childhood in 1992, ended it in 1999.
Born in 1989: Started childhood in 1993, ended it in 2000.
Born in 1990: Started childhood in 1994, ended it in 2001.
Born in 1991: Started childhood in 1995, ended it in 2002.
Born in 1992: Started childhood in 1996, ended it in 2003.

2000's Kids were born 1993-2002.

Born in 1993: Started childhood in 1997, ended it in 2004.
Born in 1994: Started childhood in 1998, ended it in 2005.
Born in 1995: Started childhood in 1999, ended it in 2006.
Born in 1996: Started childhood in 2000, ended it in 2007.
Born in 1997: Started childhood in 2001, ended it in 2008.
Born in 1998: Started childhood in 2002, ended it in 2009.
Born in 1999: Started childhood in 2003, ended it in 2010.
Born in 2000: Started childhood in 2004, ended it in 2011.
Born in 2001: Started childhood in 2005, ended it in 2012.
Born in 2002: Started childhood in 2006, ended it in 2013.

Who gives a fuck!!! What's so important about the 90s? It's like it's some cult that everyone's desperately trying to be a part of. So silly.

Adrienne223s avatar Adrienne223 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I was born in jan1991. I was 8 wen the 90's ended. I was a 90's kid(not baby) AND a Y2K kid. SUKIT!!

I was born in 94 I agree I'm not a 90's kid, but I am however a 90's baby. I disagree about not remembering the 90's though. I remember it quite well. There were great artists like bush,matchbox 20, 2pac and biggie. There were many Styles of clothing like grungy or hip hop/urban wear and prepy. Great cartoons like sonic the hedgehog,angry beavers rocos modern life, gargoyles, batman etc. gaming system such as sega genesis, sega cd, sega Saturn, sega game gear, Super Nintendo, neo geo, play station not that small ps1 bs and Nintendo 64. I remember a lot about the nineties. Plus I also had two brothers born in 1985 so I grew up with there influence as well. So I may not be a 90's kid but don't ever think we don't remember shit about the 90's.

Wrong every people born 1999 are 90s kids

All you people born 1993-1999 who call yourselves 90's kids need to stfu. You guys are NOT 90's kids, and you know it. You guys are 2000's kids. We know the 2000's sucked for you guys, and you want to be 90's kids so bad.
Don't be ashamed of being 2000's Kids.
If YouTube started in 1995, and we were in the year 2002, there would be 80's kids, people born 1973-1979, bashing us 90's kids, people born 1983-1989 would be ashamed of being 90's kids.
Soon, in the year 2022, it will be you 2000's kids bashing the 2010's kids, people born 2003-2009.
I was born in 1988, and I am a proud 90's kid. My mom was born in 1966, and she is a true 70's kid.

NOT REMEMBERING THE DEATH OF KURT COBAIN IS ACCEPTABLE, BUT
IF Y'ALL DON'T REMEMBER THE DEATH OF SELENA, THE DEATH OF TUPAC, THE DEATH OF BIGGIE SMALLS, THE DEATH OF OF PRINCESS DIANA, THEN YO ASS IS NOT A 90'S KID!!!!

Baby= 0-1
Toddler= 1-3
Childhood= 4-10
Preteen= 11-12
Adolescent/Teenager= 13-17
Legal Adult= 18-20
Young Adult= 20-25
Full Adult= 25-40
Middle Aged Adult= 40-60
Old Aged Adult = 60 and up

And if makes any of you guys feel better all the early 2000s did was just take stuff from the late 90s and refine it. Cars got "facelifts" to look a little nicer and newer. Tube TVs got flat screens. DSL was a slight upgrade from dial up. Windows XP was just a little better than 98. It was similar to the late 90s but different too

@1726032

So you remember being a BABY??!! Hahahahaha! How about we get you a bottle to suck on? Do you need a pacifier? Awwwwww, are you gonna cry now? Do you need a diaper change? Would you like a lullaby? LMAO!

Face it, you are a 2000's kid if you were born after 1992.

@1854976

Well, 4 is the beginning of childhood, but still.
You didn't exist from 1990-1994, you were a BABY in 1995. You were an INFANT in 1996. You were a TODDLER in 1997 and 1998. You can't just wave the 1999 flag as if ONE year when you were only turning 4 anyway amounts to something. Then look at you turning 5 in 2000, 6 in 2001, 7 in 2002, 8 in 2003, 9 in 2004, 10 in 2005, 11 in 2006, and 12 in 2007! That's EIGHT years in the 2000s against ONE year in the 90's! You are a 2000s kid, not a 90's kid at all.

@1855352

You are a 90s crusher and pure 2000s kid.

1978-1980 = 80's Kids with a 90's overlap
1981-1982 = 80's and 90's Hybrids
1983-1985 = 80's Crushers, pure 90's Kids
1986-1987 = Ultimate 90's Kids
1988-1990 = 90's Kids with a 2000s overlap
1991-1992 = 90's and 2000s Hybrids
1993-1995 = 90's Crushers, pure 2000s Kids
1996-1997 = Ultimate 2000s Kids
1998-2000 = 2000s Kids with a 10's overlap
2001-2002 = 2000s and 10's Hybrids
2003-2005 = 2000s Crushers, pure 10's Kids
2006-2007 = Ultimate 10's Kids
2008-2010 = 10's Kids with a 220's overlap
2011-2012 = 10's and 220's Hybrids

How about this? We break them up into groups of two!

1976-1977 = Full 80's Kids.
1978-1979 = 80's Kids with a small 90's overlap.
1980-1981 = 80's Kids with a 90's hangover.
1982-1983 = 80's and 90's Hybrids.
1984-1985 = 90's Kids with an 80's head start.
1986-1987 = Full 90's Kids.
1988-1989 = 90's Kids with a small 00's overlap.
1990-1991 = 90's Kids with a 00's hangover.
1992-1993 = 90's and 00's Hybrids.
1994-1995 = 00's Kids with a 90's head start.
1996-1997 = Full 00's Kids.
1998-1999 = 00's Kids with a small 10's overlap.
2000-2001 = 00's Kids with a 10's hangover.

@How about this? We break them up into groups of two! 1976-1977 = Full 80's Kids. 1978-1979 = 80's Kids with a...

WRONG ANSWER!

1973-1975 = Older group of the 80's Kids.
1976-1979 = Main group of the 80's Kids.
1980-1982 = Younger group of the 80's Kids.

1983-1985 = Older group of the 90's Kids.
1986-1989 = Main group of the 90's Kids.
1990-1992 = Younger group of the 90's Kids.

1993-1995 = Older group of the 00's Kids.
1996-1999 = Main group of the 00's Kids.
2000-2002 = Younger group of the 00's Kids.

@WRONG ANSWER! 1973-1975 = Older group of the 80's Kids. 1976-1979 = Main group of the 80's Kids. 1980-1982 =...

No, you are wrong!

1975-1979 = 80's Kids.
1980-1984 = 80's/90's Hybrids.
1985-1989 = 90's Kids.
1990-1994 = 90's/00's Hybrids.
1995-1999 = 00's Kids.
2000-2004 = 00's/10's Hybrids.

1975 = Oldest 80's Kid.
1977 = Middle 80's Kid.
1979 = Youngest 80's Kid.

1985 = Oldest 90's Kid.
1987 = Middle 90's Kid.
1989 = Youngest 90's Kid.

1995 = Oldest 00's Kid.
1997 = Middle 00's Kid.
1999 = Youngest 00's Kid.

@No, you are wrong! 1975-1979 = 80's Kids. 1980-1984 = 80's/90's Hybrids. 1985-1989 = 90's Kids. 1990-1994 =...

Hey dodobrain, childhood is 4-10 if you were born before July 92 you spent less than 3 years and 6 months being a child in the 2000s. Why? Because you would be 4 on June 30, 1996 you rapist of the truth! Why not tell the truth or ban your grubby hands from touching computer keys you lying traitor of the human race! Also, was someone born in 94 a child in 96? NO! What's that? NO! Again? NO! They they are more 00s, those born in 1990, 1991, and the first half of 92 are more 90s than 00s they were 11 by mid 2003.

@You are a waste of semen.

Lol you're just lying because you are mad at the truth. What a pathetic loser you are.

People born in 1976 were children from 1980-1988.
People born in 1977 were children from 1981-1989.
People born in 1978 were children from 1982-1990.
People born in 1979 were children from 1983-1991.
People born in 1980 were children from 1984-1992.
People born in 1981 were children from 1985-1993.
People born in 1982 were children from 1986-1994.
People born in 1983 were children from 1987-1995.
People born in 1984 were children from 1988-1996.
People born in 1985 were children from 1989-1997.
People born in 1986 were children from 1990-1998.
People born in 1987 were children from 1991-1999.
People born in 1988 were children from 1992-2000.
People born in 1989 were children from 1993-2001.
People born in 1990 were children from 1994-2002.
People born in 1991 were children from 1995-2003.
People born in 1992 were children from 1996-2004.
People born in 1993 were children from 1997-2005.
People born in 1994 were children from 1998-2006.
People born in 1995 were children from 1999-2007.
People born in 1996 were children from 2000-2008.
People born in 1997 were children from 2001-2009.
People born in 1998 were children from 2002-2010.
People born in 1999 were children from 2003-2011.

I think the cutoff should be 89-97. Every time I here about 90s kid fads, I remember them and I'm 16! I've had everything that was ever showed in those “remember this?” posts on different social networks. People who were born in 82 are not 90s kids they were just reaching puberty when the 90s came around and would not enjoy the entire 90s years as a child. They would leave them as adults. Years 89-97 had that 90s-esque feel I'd say. 82 was the beginning of the 80s, so those were 80s kids. 90s kids are the ones who were born in the 90s and raised through the early 00s... It's just right..

@PunkOverture I think the cutoff should be 89-97. Every time I here about 90s kid fads, I remember them and I'm 16! I've had...

89-97? You're grouping yourself, a 16 year old boy to a 24 year old man?
Aww, that's adorable, you want to sound older and cooler...

WE TIRED OF 90S BABIES CLAIMIN THE 90S AS THEY DECADE.
WE BREAK DOWN THE YEARS, POP CULTURE, AND EVENTS THAT
YOU MUST KNOW IN ORDER TO CLAIM THE 90S AS YOUR ERA./DECADE
ALL YOU YOUNGIN STOP TRYNA SLIDE YA'LL ASSES IN. iF YOU STILL
UNDER 21 IN 2012 YOUR NOT A 90S KID. YOUR AN 00' KID WE ALL KNOW 00S SUCK ASS SO I SEE WHY YOU WANNA CLAIM 90S SO BAD.

People born in 1993 were 7-16 in the 2000's.
People born in 1994 were 6-15 in the 2000's.
People born in 1995 were 5-14 in the 2000's.
People born in 1996 were 4-13 in the 2000's.
People born in 1997 were 3-12 in the 2000's.
People born in 1998 were 2-11 in the 2000's.
People born in 1999 were 1-10 in the 2000's.

They are all 2000's kids.

@People born in 1993 were 7-16 in the 2000's. People born in 1994 were 6-15 in the 2000's. People born in 1995 were...

This shit is annoying leave those kids born 1993-1997 alone cuz I am friends with some and they are different from those born in 1998-2000 and they grew up like us born in 1987-1992
-born in 91

@hellnawitslikedis This shit is annoying leave those kids born 1993-1997 alone cuz I am friends with some and they are different from...

Agreed that 1993-1994 should count, but not 1995-1997, because people born 95-97 never went to kindergarten in the 90's.

90's Kids are 1985-1989.
90's/00's Hybrids are 1990-1994.
00's Kids are 1995-1999.

@You don't count either, punk faggott!

Whatever, you're not the 90's expert, so I don't need to listen to you. I went to kindergarten in the 90's, therefore I am a 90's Kid!

@I am the 90's expert, you punk prick!

No you aren't. It took you 7 years to graduate High School, and you blame the school, and not the fact that you are mental defective.
Don't worry, eventually you'll get a life.

Don't even bother trying to talk any sense into these ignorant trolls. They live to come on here and be cyber bullies while they sit at home, still living with their parents and wish that they were kids again. So sad.
I personally think 90's kids are 1983-1987, but it's just a matter of opinion and this 90's kids debate is a waste of time.

@Don't even bother trying to talk any sense into these ignorant trolls. They live to come on here and be cyber...

Alright we all have our own opinions but I still think kids born from 93-97 are 90s kids

@hellnawitslikedis Alright we all have our own opinions but I still think kids born from 93-97 are 90s kids

You are so wrong you must have a bell donging on your head LOL.

90-92: younger 90's kids.
93-95: older 2000's kids.
96-99: main 2000's kids.
2000-02: younger 2000's kids.

Even if you were born in January 1, 1993,
your childhood would be from
January 1, 1997 - December 31, 2003.
That adds up to 3 years of the 90's, but 4 in the 2000's.

What part of 4 years is MORE than 3 years can't you understand?
Either you lack the intelligence to contribute anything meaningful here or you are just a jerk who is acting in deception.

@You are so wrong you must have a bell donging on your head LOL. 90-92: younger 90's kids. 93-95: older 2000's...

How am I jerk you know what if it bothers you so much I'll just say that they are 90s and early 00s kids

This comment was deleted.
@1887339

Shut up.
People born in 1992 went to 2nd Grade in the 90's.
People born in 1993 went to 1st Grade in the 90's.
People born in 1994 went to Kindergarten in the 90's.

I agree that 1995-1997 isn't a 90's kid, but 1992-1994 counts, at least as 90's/00's Hybrids.

@1887339

And I was born in 1986 as well, and I agree that I'm a 90's Kid, I can't remember the 80's, but you guys are making all of us 90's Kids look like rude ignorant trolls, which isn't true.

People born 1993-1997 are not 90's kids, you dumb shit.

Most people born 1983-1987 would NEVER call themselves 80's kids.

1976-1977: Full 80's Kids.
1978-1979: 80's Kids with a small 90's overlap.
1980-1982: 80's/90's Hybrids.
1983-1985: 90's Kids with an 80's head start.
1986-1987: Full 90's Kids.
1988-1989: 90's Kids with a small 00's overlap.
1990-1992: 90's/00's Hybrids.
1993-1995: 00's Kids with a 90's head start.
1996-1997: Full 00's Kids.
1998-1999: 00's Kids with a small 10's overlap.
2000-2002: 00's/10's Hybrids.

@People born 1993-1997 are not 90's kids, you dumb shit. Most people born 1983-1987 would NEVER call themselves...

Almost right, but people born in 1988-89 are full 90's kids, and people born in 1998-99 are full 00's kids. The word teenager has nothing to biology, it's just a cultural term. Childhood is 4-10, Adolescence is 11-17.
Also, people born in 90, 91, and the first half of 92 are more 90's than 00's. The 90's kid cutoff is June 30, 1992, because 4-10 for them is
June 30, 1996 - June 29, 2003. By a thin hair, that's a MAJORITY 90S! People born in early July 1992 are hybrids, their childhood would be
July 1996 - June 2003, 3 years and 6 months in both the 90's and the 00's.

83-85 are Older 90's Kids.
86-89 are Main 90's Kids.
90-92 are Younger 90's Kids.

93-95 are Older 00's Kids.
96-99 are Main 00's Kids.
00-02 are Younger 00's Kids.

I'm '98 but remember just about everything your typical 90s kids would- The Ren and Stimpy Show, Beanie Babies, Tamagotchi, Furby. I can rap the theme song to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air." I'm an expert at the Macarena. I laughed every time the characters started walking backwards on a VHS tape. I played Power Rangers with my friends. I begged my parents to let my stay up late to watch "Are You Afraid of the Dark?" (reruns, of course). I had the life of a 90s kids, the only difference was that most of it was in the 2000s.

@I'm '98 but remember just about everything your typical 90s kids would- The Ren and Stimpy Show, Beanie Babies...

If you want to remember wearing diapers and drinking breast milk, go ahead and call yourself a 90's kid. 1992 is the cutoff point.
1993-1999 are not 90's kids.

Do you miss wearing diapers? Do you miss drinking breast milk? Do you need a lullaby or a bedtime story? Hahahahahahaha!

I was born in 1994, but I full heartedly believe I am a 90's kids because my siblings were born in the 80's and were 90's kids. Naturally I did everything and played with everything my siblings had and watched every show that my siblings watched; all "90's Era" things.

Lilblair16s avatar Lilblair16 Yeah You Are -5Reply
@Lilblair16 I was born in 1994, but I full heartedly believe I am a 90's kids because my siblings were born in the 80's and...

No, you are a 2000's kid. You were a BABY in the 90's. You didn't exist in 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993. You were born a BABY in 1994. You were still an infant in 1995. You were a toddler in 1996 and 1997. You can't just wave the 1998 and 1999 flag as if TWO years amount to anything. You were 6 in 2000, 7 in 2001, 8 in 2002, 9 in 2003, 10 in 2004, 11 in 2005, and 12 in 2006. That's SEVEN years against TWO. You are a 2000's kid.

@No, you are a 2000's kid. You were a BABY in the 90's. You didn't exist in 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993. You were...

I agree with your point about being a baby in the 90s here, but are two years of a person's life so insignificant that they don't really matter? Is that saying that you could neglect/abuse a child for the whole of their baby/toddlerhood, and then do the same for another two years because 'it doesn't amount to anything'? Sure, they had a traumatic first six years, but they'll only remember TWO years of it so that's ok right?! Surely the remaining 80 or so years they will live will weigh it out?
Of course I'm not saying it's the same thing, and people born after 1992 probably can't remember A LOT about 90's culture, but surely it's not fair to brush off a couple of years in their time because it 'wasn't long enough'.

Honestly, this sh*t is pretty damn stupid!!! I was born Jul. of 1999, and bitch I remember all of the shizzz..... Don't know if I have long-term memory, but yes, I can finish the sentence Ice, Ice, baby! -__- gosh! Yes everything was setteld with rock, paper, scissors, shoot! Inky dinky donkey, daddy had a donkey, the donkey died, and daddy cried, inky dinky donkeyy! :3

I think that in all truth, fair, and logical reasoning: people born within 1990-1999, are 90's children. Thus, because they were born in the 90's, they are 90's children. It doesn't f*cking matter what years you grew up in, it matters what year you were born! DUH! That's basically the whole point of "ARE U A 90's BABY?!?!?!?" Yes, I am proud to say that I am.

Adults, stop discriminating against us, bro, give us the credit of being born in the 90's! Yes, 99 counts too!(: I really don't care if you disagree/speak against me until your face turns purple...... I am, and will forever be, a 90's baby.

And really, Does it matter? We are all obviously living in the 00's, so why don't we all call ourselves the f*cking 21st Century.We are all apart of the worst society ever. Deal With it. Society Killed Humanity.

1936-1939 = True 40's Kids.
1940-1942 = 40's/50's Hybrids.
1943-1945 = 50's Kids with a 40's influence.
1946-1949 = True 50's Kids.
1950-1952 = 50's/60's Hybrids.
1953-1955 = 60's Kids with a 50's influence.
1956-1959 = True 60's Kids.
1960-1962 = 60's/70's Hybrids.
1963-1965 = 70's Kids with a 60's influence.
1966-1969 = True 70's Kids.
1970-1972 = 70's/80's Hybrids.
1973-1975 = 80's Kids with a 70's influence.
1976-1979 = True 80's Kids.
1980-1982 = 80's/90's Hybrids.
1983-1985 = 90's Kids with a 80's influence.
1986-1989 = True 90's Kids.
1990-1992 = 90's/00's Hybrids.
1993-1995 = 00's Kids with a 90's influence.
1996-1999 = True 00's Kids.
2000-2002 = 00's/10's Hybrids.
2003-2005 = 10's Kids with a 00's influence.
2006-2009 = True 10's Kids.

@1936-1939 = True 40's Kids. 1940-1942 = 40's/50's Hybrids. 1943-1945 = 50's Kids with a 40's influence. 1946-1949 =...

I agree with the groups, but I would group them this way.

1943-1945 = Older 50's Kids.
1946-1949 = Main 50's Kids.
1950-1952 = Younger 50's Kids.

1953-1955 = Older 60's Kids.
1956-1959 = Main 60's Kids.
1960-1962 = Younger 60's Kids.

1963-1965 = Older 70's Kids.
1966-1969 = Main 70's Kids.
1970-1972 = Younger 70's Kids.

1973-1975 = Older 80's Kids.
1976-1979 = Main 80's Kids.
1980-1982 = Younger 80's Kids.

1983-1985 = Older 90's Kids.
1986-1989 = Main 90's Kids.
1990-1992 = Younger 90's Kids.

1993-1995 = Older 00's Kids.
1996-1999 = Main 00's Kids.
2000-2002 = Younger 00's Kids.

2003-2005 = Older 10's Kids.
2006-2009 = Main 10's Kids.
2010-2012 = Younger 10's Kids.

In order to be a 90's kid, you need to have a 7th birthday in the 90's. As simple as that.

1983 = turned 7 in 1990.
1984 = turned 7 in 1991.
1985 = turned 7 in 1992.
1986 = turned 7 in 1993.
1987 = turned 7 in 1994.
1988 = turned 7 in 1995.
1989 = turned 7 in 1996.
1990 = turned 7 in 1997.
1991 = turned 7 in 1998.
1992 = turned 7 in 1999.

@In order to be a 90's kid, you need to have a 7th birthday in the 90's. As simple as that. 1983 = turned 7 in...

a 7th birthday is not required. your just saying that because most people think childhood is 4-10, 5-12, 4-12 etc., but in reality, its from 3-9 years old. a 10 year old is a preteen. remember, 10 is a double digit, NOT a single one

@a 7th birthday is not required. your just saying that because most people think childhood is 4-10, 5-12, 4-12 etc...

3 is more of a toddler than a child.

And you are still a child at 10, because on average puberty starts at 11.

4-10 is childhood. 11-17 is adolescent.

@age 3 is a child and some people start puberty at 9 or 10 years old

You are wrong.I also advise you to cleanse yourself of your blatant ignorance. Have a nice day.

Anyone born after 1942 is not a 40's kid.
Anyone born after 1952 is not a 50's kid.
Anyone born after 1962 is not a 60's kid.
Anyone born after 1972 is not a 70's kid.
Anyone born after 1982 is not a 80's kid.
Anyone born after 1992 is not a 90's kid.
Anyone born after 2002 is not a 2000's kid.
Anyone born after 2012 is not a 2010's kid.

Childhood starts at the age of 4.

1976 = Started childhood in 1980.
1977 = Started childhood in 1981.
1978 = Started childhood in 1982.
1979 = Started childhood in 1983.
They are the real 80's kids.

1980 = Started childhood in 1984.
1981 = Started childhood in 1985.
1982 = Started childhood in 1986.
They are 80's/90's hybrids.

1983 = Started childhood in 1987.
1984 = Started childhood in 1988.
1985 = Started childhood in 1989.
Does that make them 80's Kids? No, they are 90's kids with 80's memories.

1986 = Started childhood in 1990.
1987 = Started childhood in 1991.
1988 = Started childhood in 1992.
1989 = Started childhood in 1993.
They are the real 90's kids.

1990 = Started childhood in 1994.
1991 = Started childhood in 1995.
1992 = Started childhood in 1996.
They are 90's/00's hybrids.

1993 = Started childhood in 1997.
1994 = Started childhood in 1998.
1995 = Started childhood in 1999.
Does that make them 90's Kids? No, they are 00's kids with 90's memories.

1996 = Started childhood in 2000.
1997 = Started childhood in 2001.
1998 = Started childhood in 2002.
1999 = Started childhood in 2003.
They are the real 00's kids.

You're all gay, I was born in mid 1995 but I would say the cut off is 1996. Mainly because the fads continued on till pretty much 2002. Although, this is my opinion. (.Y.) Follow my tumblr ->> http://samplematt.tumblr.com/
and to the person earlier who said "Inky Dinky Donky" it's Inky Bink Bonky

@You're all gay, I was born in mid 1995 but I would say the cut off is 1996. Mainly because the fads continued on...

The cutoff is 1992, not 1996. You 95ers are not 90's kids at all. You were babies in 1995, infants in 1996, and toddlers in 1997 and 1998. You can't just wave the 1999 flag as if ONE year amounts to anything. Then look at you being a kid from 2000-2007! EIGHT years against ONE! You are a 2000s kid.

And it doesn't matter if it continued into 2002, just let the numbers do the talking. 1990-1999 are 90's, 2000-2009 are 2000's. You only remember RE-RUNS of 90's shows in the 2000's. Sorry, but 1992 is the cutoff point.

Inky binky bottle of ink, cork fell out and you stink. Not because you're dirty, not because you're clean, just because you kissed the boy behind the magazine.

1984-1987: 90's Teens

1988-1992: 90's Kids <--

1993: Stuck in the Middle

1994-1999: Justin Bieber Generation.

The cut off date for 90's kids was 1992, and 1993 is sometimes considered a 90's kid. But because Justin Bieber was born in 1994, that is the ultimate cut off year. Sorry, but if you were born in 1994, you're apart of the 2000s Faggot Bieber generation. I don't care how much you scream, tell me to go fuck myself or whatever... If you were born in Biebers year of 94, you lose! Sorry!

@1984-1987: 90's Teens 1988-1992: 90's Kids <-- 1993: Stuck in the Middle 1994-1999: Justin Bieber...

bullshit, 1992 is the cutoff. 1993 and after are 2000s kids.
and 90's teens are 1976-1982.

I was born in 2000 but i consider myself to be a 90s kid bcuz i know like all of the 90s cartoons, i played pokemon, and i like everything that a 90s kid likes. also my brothers were 90 kids so i say that im one anyways.

@I was born in 2000 but i consider myself to be a 90s kid bcuz i know like all of the 90s cartoons, i played...

You were born in 2000? Not only are you not a 90's kid, you are too young to be on the internet! The internet age is 13. Fuck off, and don't come back until next year!