-63

Ignorance is not, nor will it ever be, bliss, amirite?

Sarahs avatar
3 21
The voters have decided that Sarah is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

what about people who are ignorant when it comes to animal abuse/ the fact that animals are being tortured everyday by companies that they buy products from? pretty sure it's more blissful to not know about that.

@rowanne what about people who are ignorant when it comes to animal abuse/ the fact that animals are being tortured everyday...

probably not so blissful for the animals though.. so then if you become aware you can do something about it

rosinbackriders avatar rosinbackrider Yeah You Are 0Reply

im torn. some things, im glad i know. some, i wish i didnt.
it depends on what it is.

Ignorance is bliss on an emotional level, but hell on an intellectual level.

It's considered bliss because chances are you were much happier before you knew something than after you found out what it was.

I specifically remembered this post from January...is that a good thing?

I was blissfully ignorant of the violent rapes and murders that happened in pre-technological areas in Nazi Europe.
Now, I'm scarred.

@Katffro I was blissfully ignorant of the violent rapes and murders that happened in pre-technological areas in Nazi...

You may be scarred, but if someone who doesn't know about what happened says something that's incorrect you can easily correct them. In my honest opinion, it's better to be informed than anything else.

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are -1Reply

old post is old

@Ross old post is old

Don't make fun of me!

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are 0Reply

Song from LP? (One step closer)

@Operator_X Song from LP? (One step closer)

No, I am not a fan of LP at all.

Sarahs avatar Sarah Yeah You Are +2Reply

I'm not sure what this post is getting at but I enjoyed it anyway.

Yes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes YesYes Yes Yes a million times yes

sestrada16s avatar sestrada16 Yeah You Are 0Reply

The number of no ways accurately depicts what is wrong with the world these days.

It is innocence that is bliss, not ignorance. Which is similar to what I post a while ago!

Shameless plug: http://www.amirite.net/28318

SalientKs avatar SalientK Yeah You Are 0Reply

Like another poster said, it is innocence that represents ignorance because at one point you didn't know, hence ignorance (not in the 'you're an idiot for not knowing' type). It can be bliss and I know it has but also realizing the beauty of life is bliss as well.

Ignorance is your new best friend.