+232

You find it annoying how people stereotype Americans as fat and act like everyone in other countries is at peak physical fitness, especially when you find out that America isn't even the fattest country in the world, Amirite?

Carterqrs avatar
4 7
The voters have decided that Carterqr is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's like this with the "British have bad teeth" stereotype. We have some of the healthiest teeth worldwide! :O http://tinyurl.com/4yw9sel

As for eating crumpets, drinking tea, wearing tophats, and monicles... that's all true. sips tea

@Chou It's like this with the "British have bad teeth" stereotype. We have some of the healthiest teeth worldwide! :O...

I find that hard to believe. Have you seen Peirce Brosnan's teeth? And he has millions of dollars.

THANK. YOU.

lillyk435s avatar lillyk435 Yeah You Are +4Reply

If Americans expect to be treated without stereotypes, they need to learn to treats others without stereotypes.

@itube If Americans expect to be treated without stereotypes, they need to learn to treats others without stereotypes.

I never said we expect to be treated without stereotypes, I said they are annoying. It's not like Americans are the only people who don't like being stereotyped.

Carterqrs avatar Carterqr Yeah You Are +4Reply

You are right in that America isn't the fattest nation in the industrialized world... anymore. However, American adults leads the rest of the developed world in terms of obesity rates and trails only Mexico in terms of overall overweight populations. So don't get too angry when people say Americans are fat. Most can stand to lose a few pounds

@advenger32 You are right in that America isn't the fattest nation in the industrialized world... anymore. However, American...

I think the reason people get mad is not because they disagree with the statement "If you are American, you are most likely fat." because it holds some truth. What offends Americans is the assumption that "if you are American, you are fat." & I hate it when people use the former statement to justify the latter.