+198

Other than the love triangle, the books (and movies) cannot be comparedas they are different. HG is about a dystopian society in the future, based on a strong, character who would do anything for her sister, while Twilight is a romance set in modern day, with a fantasy/ sci-fi aspect with the Vampires and Werewolves, with a central character who would do anything for her love. HP is a story about the triumph of good over evil with adventure and a fantasy setting, Amirite?

Mcflydougies avatar
8 21
The voters have decided that Mcflydougie is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Somebody give this guy a medal.
We don't need to compare series merely because they are all trendy and famous.

HG and Battle Royale on the other hand...

@Chiff HG and Battle Royale on the other hand...

Yes! Dear god I love Battle Royale.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Suzywao Yes! Dear god I love Battle Royale.

The Japanese have a better way of capturing our worst fears I think. That's why the original The Eye is so much better than the remake.

@1680617

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0325655/ Hmm evidently it's not japanese, I need a new brain. :P

@1680670

Ah, the only Asian horror movie vs. its remake I'd be able to compare are Ringu and the Ring. Neither were mind-blowing or fantastic, but the Ring was just awful.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm only a few chapters in and it's already better than the entirety of the Hunger Games.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +1Reply

I'm too focused on the comma after strong.

@JennaGee I'm too focused on the comma after strong.

I apologize for my grammar. I noticed it after I posted and was too lazy to correct it.

Mcflydougies avatar Mcflydougie Yeah You Are +2Reply

I don't know why you added HP in there because there's no love triangle in it.

@Suzywao Snape, James, Lily?

I kept hoping at the end Snape would be Harrys real father.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +8Reply
@SkylarOctavious I kept hoping at the end Snape would be Harrys real father.

Even though he was often described as looking exactly like his father (minus the eye color)?

@Suzywao Snape, James, Lily?

Yeah you're right, but that's not what I meant. That love triangle wasn't a huge part of the story, even though it was really important for sure, but we only found out about in the 7th book. It was merely ONE chapter in seven huge books, unlike in the Hunger Games and Twilight where the main story, or at least a huge part of it, revolved around that love triangle. If the love triangle was about Hermione and Harry and Ron then yeah, that would be different. Even though I'm glad there wasn't because love triangles really annoy me, and HP wouldn't be the same.

@Yeah you're right, but that's not what I meant. That love triangle wasn't a huge part of the story, even though it...

There were minor ones, but that's the thing about the span of a seven year series, imagine if the entire story of seven books took place in one to three years. Even Hermione's fling with Krum might have lasted an entire book. They just seemed meaningless compared to the scope of things that were being dealt with, and the time frame. Or that's my theory.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +4Reply