+200

Since when does being difficult make something a sport? We understand your activity is physically exhausting, but it takes more than that to classify it as a sport. Settle down, amirite?

MollieDolls avatar
3 9
The voters have decided that MollieDoll is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

by those standards giving birth would be a sport... those would be some awkward competitions

sunshine_feets avatar sunshine_feet Yeah You Are +12Reply

Just out of curiosity, what makes you classify something as a sport?

@jessica23 Just out of curiosity, what makes you classify something as a sport?

A physical activity in which the outcome clearly defines the winners, like a point system. Not judging.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Ethan A physical activity in which the outcome clearly defines the winners, like a point system. Not judging.

Well technically most activities that are judged involve the receiving of points in one category or another and overall the team with the most points wins....so there's that

@MollieDoll Very true, but parts of that are still somewhat based off of opinion

That is also very true, and coming from a standpoint of a marching band geek I can attest to the fact that some of the scores are based upon the appeal of the show itself. I will agree a lot of activities need not be classified as "sports" per se but do deserve the same respect and support as those that are.

@Angele That is also very true, and coming from a standpoint of a marching band geek I can attest to the fact that some of...

Definitely. I'm not saying that just because something's not technically a sport doesn't mean its not as respectable as one. I just wanted to get my opinion in, as so many people debate about what qualifies and doesn't. In my opinion, the classification of activity really does not even matter.

MollieDolls avatar MollieDoll Yeah You Are +1Reply

Its stupid that cheerleaders when people say its not a sport. Whether its a sport or not, who cares? You're doing a physical activity that you love, so who cares?

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are +6Reply

When i was younger i used to laugh at people who said cheerleading was a sport. Now i understand that it is. Nd now i laugh when people decided to classify poker as a sport.