+420

It's an absolute travesty that The New York Times named Nicki Minaj the most influential rapper of all time, amirite?

AtheisticMystics avatar
5 37
The voters have decided that AtheisticMystic is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ugh... I think my soul just died. Nicki Minaj is one of the worst rappers of all time. Sure, occasionally her songs have nice beats, but you learn nothing by sitting down and listening to he album. She's also incredibly misogynistic, and is setting her fans (young girls) up for failure.

She can rap okay, even if her songs suck. But who in the world has she influenced? She's annoying as all hell and there are plenty of others who don't just rap about bs.

Sarcasm_on_ices avatar Sarcasm_on_ice Yeah You Are +24Reply

Link to wherever that was stated?

If it's true, I'mma go to their headquarters and beat the crap outta them with 2pac, Jay-Z, Eminem and MC Hammer.

TinyNinjas avatar TinyNinja Yeah You Are +15Reply

She was called the most influential female rapper of all time

@She was called the most influential female rapper of all time

Even if so, there are better more influential female rappers. Missy elliott for starters. She basically paved the way

cheshire_cats avatar cheshire_cat Yeah You Are +12Reply

Thats not what I heard on the radio. And this says "the influential leader of hip-hop."
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/...pagewanted=all

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are -1Reply
@AtheisticMystic Thats not what I heard on the radio. And this says "the influential leader of...

Uh, no it doesn't? I ctrl+f'd "influential" and the only result was "most influential female rapper of all time."

@AtheisticMystic Above the address bar on my iPod, that's what it says.

Interesting. That's what the URL says but it's not what the title or article says.

@Interesting. That's what the URL says but it's not what the title or article says.

Huh...this is a mystery. Maybe you're right and they named her most influential female rapper, but that's not what I heard on the radio. That would make a lot more sense, though.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +3Reply
@AtheisticMystic Huh...this is a mystery. Maybe you're right and they named her most influential female rapper, but that's not what...

Well, I don't have much respect for either the NYT or the radio as a proper news source...so I don't really care either way lol

@Well, I don't have much respect for either the NYT or the radio as a proper news source...so I don't really care...

Haha true. Are you anonymous for a reason or do you just not have an account? Your replies come in a timely manner, so I assume you do have an account.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +1Reply

"This hard and complex work has paid off: when she releases her second album, “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded,” this week, it will be as the most influential female rapper of all time."

-speechless-

@Stuff "This hard and complex work has paid off: when she releases her second album, “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded,”...

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the author of that article is a guest writer who is formally employed at nicki minaj's label

She just shitted on em.

who the hell is that?

Cgymnast7s avatar Cgymnast7 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I've done some more research and it looks like I was wrong, they called her the most influential female rapper. But still...

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +2Reply

Except that didn't happen...

ohhh sad days

I'm so tired of hate I think I might explode. Just shut up.

@evan123 I'm so tired of hate I think I might explode. Just shut up.

It's ironic because all Nicki Minaj raps about is hating bitches

@It's ironic because all Nicki Minaj raps about is hating bitches

Ok Anonymous! Oh, and besides...not every song is like that. Plus I didn't even say I even liked her.

@evan123 Ok Anonymous! Oh, and besides...not every song is like that. Plus I didn't even say I even liked her.

If you don't like her, then how do you know what she talks about in every song?

@If you don't like her, then how do you know what she talks about in every song?

First, it's possible to mot like her, but to like some of her songs. Second, I never said I didn't like her.

@You just said you hated her...

Honestly, I have no clue where you got that idea. Find me where I said "I hate Nicki Minaj" because I can't.

@Why don't you just shut up and stop hating.

Oh, is that you giving up? Because it sounds alot like you want me to shut up because you know you're losing.