+236

There wasn't enough time in The Hunger Games when things were normal (like in Harry Potter where they sit by the lake and visit Hagrid and stuff). Everyone was always in some awful situation, amirite?

Ram27s avatar
1 19
The voters have decided that Ram27 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1684147

Yes, but I like the characters and wanted to read about them in a situation that wasn't life-threatening.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1684177

I just saw Finnick Odair in his underwear.

The Hunger Games film was no where near as good as the book, for the reason stated in the post. They really rushed through it...

Mays avatar May Yeah You Are +17Reply
@May The Hunger Games film was no where near as good as the book, for the reason stated in the post. They really rushed...

Yet it was quite long of a movie. It wasn't that they had to fit everything possible in or something.

It's a different situation, a different position that the characters are placed in than Harry Potter. So no. In the confines of the world of The Hunger Games, in the position of Katniss, the way it's written not having much 'normal' time makes sense.

Also the Harry Potter books were long ass books. And there were 7 of them. The Hunger Games books were pretty short (like ~300 pages each) compared to HP, so they couldn't fit all that fluff in just 3 books.

That's just the kind of writer Suzanne Collins is.

Still better than Harry Potter

LGM007s avatar LGM007 Yeah You Are -13Reply
@1683635

Can we just fucking say goodbye to Harry, now? It's been around for more than a decade, give him a rest. God.

LGM007s avatar LGM007 Yeah You Are -3Reply
@1691617

No, thank you, Mr. I'm-so-clever-and-sophisticated-that-I-use-outdated-puns

LGM007s avatar LGM007 Yeah You Are -4Reply
@1696822

no, I'm PMSing

LGM007s avatar LGM007 Yeah You Are -1Reply