+194

If God created the sun, which is essentially a ticking time bomb, then it is conceivable that He intended to expunge humanity at a certain point (if we somehow manage to survive that long). Maybe, then, He did this with all the older stars: created, watched fail/destroyed, and moved on. And the younger stars wait in an eternal queue to be God's next science fair project, amirite?

DanielJamess avatar
19 25
The voters have decided that DanielJames is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think that if our universe has a creator, this is the most likely explanation. We're his experiment. He doesn't love each and every one of us, we're just his Sims to play with.

@wobbuffet I think that if our universe has a creator, this is the most likely explanation. We're his experiment. He doesn't...

I picture it like moldy cheese or bread. God will remember that planet he put away in the fridge that he forgot to eat, get it out, see that it has spoiled, and toss the Earth into the trash.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +6Reply

I don't think they fail. I think God plans for them to die out.

@1685030

Respect? If you believe in an all powerful God, you'll want to respect Him.

@boxtop Respect? If you believe in an all powerful God, you'll want to respect Him.

But by the rules of proper written English, you do not capitalize pronouns. The only way you could capitalize the word "him" would be if it were a proper noun. And God's name is not "Him", therefore it remains a pronoun.

I respect Gandhi, yet I don't write "I think He was a good person."

@1685055

Thanks, you pretty much covered everything.

What the hell would he do all day if humanity was gone?

There's a One-Act I was in called The Whole Shebang where the Earth is just god's science fair project (I was god, naturally) and he's getting judged.

He got a C+ for us, I'd say that's fair.

I think the people that wrote the bible didn't think about it too much

This posts describes exactly what I've been thinking!

Andromedas avatar Andromeda Yeah You Are 0Reply

'God' would then need to not be all powerful and all-knowing, or else wouldn't He know how the experiment will turn out?