+187

Students who save up all of their assignments until the end of the year: It's kind of hard to throw away all of the assignments that you saved through the course of the year because you put so much effort and hard work into them, yet they are thrown away like they have absolutely no worth, amirite?

Pergensteins avatar Education
2 9
The voters have decided that Pergenstein is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I once did an assignment that half the class failed and I got 100% and I put so much effort into it and I was so proud... yet in real life it is really not worth anything (cry2)

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +9Reply

I save my assignments for the express purpose of throwing them away en masse on the last day of school. I also tear them up. It like saying 'fuck you' to teachers without all the repercussions.

I usually save two or three writing assignments per year, especially if they were creative. everything else gets thrown out or deleted without thought at the end of the year. I wait till the end because I'm paranoid i'll need them again.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +3Reply
@_Jojo_ I usually save two or three writing assignments per year, especially if they were creative. everything else gets...

Yeah that's why I wait, because I'm afraid that the teacher might mess up on my grade, and I wont have proof to show them otherwise. This actually happened once, and luckily I saved an assignment and my teacher marked it as missing; it bumped me up from a B to an A.

Pergensteins avatar Pergenstein Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Pergenstein Yeah that's why I wait, because I'm afraid that the teacher might mess up on my grade, and I wont have proof to...

I have a friend who immediately deletes assignments after she completes and prints them. I'm afraid I might lose the sheet and will have to do it all over. It's much safer our way.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

At the end of each year, my book bag is stowed under my bed, with all of my previous notebooks, until the day before the next semester of classes start. Then I get it out, take out the notes and paper and replace with fresh new paper in my binders to reuse them. Sometimes I throw the the notes away but sometimes I put them with the other notes in my closet that I have collected over the years. Not once have I actually gone through and read them, but I know someday when I'm much older, I'll be cleaning out my closet and come across them. I'll then look through them and analyze/criticize my younger self.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +3Reply
@StickCaveman At the end of each year, my book bag is stowed under my bed, with all of my previous notebooks, until the day...

I have a box of all of my creative pieces since like first grade. Writing is one of the hardest things for me to let go of. It was taking up a lot of space, so I typed some of my poems up and made an anthology on my computer.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +1Reply

I save all of my papers so I can burn them ceremoniously as soon as I get out of school. It's an incredibly gratifying feeling.

I save all my film assignments for a portfolio. yum smilie