+167

It's bittersweet when someone favorites your post but doesn't "Yeah You Are" it, because then not only have you been robbed of a positive vote, them doing that doesn't make any sense at all. It's like they're saying, "I like this post so much that I'm not even going to agree with it!", amirite?

Gambiteers avatar Internet & Apps
13 18
The voters have decided that Gambiteer is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

So I guess I have to favorite this without voting..

Maybe they don't actually agree with the post, but instead want to be notified when someone comments on it. Or maybe the post was about this very subject, and a certain user named YeahIAm decided to favorite the post and refrain from agreeing with it to give the OP a "bittersweet" feeling.

Honestly, though, would you rather have the favorite or the up-vote?

@YeahIAm Maybe they don't actually agree with the post, but instead want to be notified when someone comments on it. Or...

Good point, I never really thought about it like that since I turned off the setting that notifies me whenever a post that I Favorited gets commented on. It's true that I'd rather have the favorite, it's just that it's kind of annoying when it happens to the post especially during it's early stages.

Haha, I knew this was going to happen. This feeling of bittersweetness is so bittersweet.

Gambiteers avatar Gambiteer Yeah You Are 0Reply

GODDAMMIT WHY IS EVERYONE FAVORITING THIS WITHOUT VOTING MY FEELINGS ARE SO CONFLICTED RIGHT NOW

Gambiteers avatar Gambiteer Yeah You Are +3Reply

Or sometimes the person clicks the love button instead of the YYA button on accident.

Just so you know, I'm not trying to sound like those YouTube comments. This happens to me all the time, especially when I'm using the mobile version.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +2Reply
@SkylarOctavious Do you un-love it once you realized your mistake?

Sometimes. But, my phone lags a lot whenever I touch the screams so sometimes I'll just get pissed and leave it.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are 0Reply
@iceeselenawiz Sometimes. But, my phone lags a lot whenever I touch the screams so sometimes I'll just get pissed and leave it.

I don't usually take them away, I'll feel bad for getting their hopes up.
I've accidentally favorited posts before too.

@SkylarOctavious I don't usually take them away, I'll feel bad for getting their hopes up. I've accidentally favorited posts before too.

Very true. I just assumed they wouldn't actually go and check for my favorite on the post and would just be like "Yaaay!" and click the disappear button for notifications.

Some posts are funny but disagreeable. Those are actually my favorite kinds of posts, but maybe that's just me