+341

It'd be funny if a character with a scar didn't have a deep interesting story behind it "How did you get that scar? I mean you don't have to tell us if it is too troubling." "No it's fine, so one day my friend was ironing, and he had a muscle spasm and it flew into my face, the mark never went away.", amirite?

Skr3wBalls avatar
39 16
The voters have decided that Skr3wBall is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It would be funny at Hogwarts.

"Blimey, you must be Harry Potter! Your scar!"
"Ohh, no, my name's Steve. I got this scar after falling off a tree."
"Oh.."

That would be hilarious, but they probably wouldn't show the story unless it was some kind of comedy. A lot of "tough" characters have unexplained scars, and you just assume the back story was some kind of war, even though it could have been something completely random.

Jardens avatar Jarden Yeah You Are +11Reply

Or "It's just an acne scar, you wouldn't believe the size of that thing though..."

I was in the car with my parents when we crashed...into a crocodile. My parents got eaten but then the crocodile took out a knife and gave me this scar. At least that's what my liar aunt and uncle told me.

Anyone else immediately think of Harry Potter and/or The Joker from Batman?

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +3Reply

I'm almost positive that Scar from The Lion King doesn't have an interesting story...

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of Zuko from ATLA?

@Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of Zuko from ATLA?

That's who I was thinking of when I made the post. His story was super interesting and I was thinking about what the episode where it's explained would be like if it were totally lame.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +1Reply

His scar does have a story. His father burned him when he banished him.

If you were referring to me, I know that I said his story was really interesting and that the episode where the scar was explained would suck if there was no story on Zuko's side.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are 0Reply

I have a huge scar on my foot from my dad's coffee when I was a baby.

@I have a huge scar on my foot from my dad's coffee when I was a baby.

I have a massive scar on my hip from backing up into a bush when I was five. I usually tell chicks at the bar that it was a motorcycle accident.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +6Reply

hahaha i have one of those! everybody thinks that I either got knifed or I cut myself but really, I ran into a wall in my school gym that has velcro on it. (guess who it is?)

if i had a scar and some one asked, i'd be all: ok, so there i was, hanging off a cliff just above the multen lava pit...."