+198

You don't understand why people are so uncomfortable with the human body. I mean, yeah, I'm not going to go walk around naked or anything, but everyone knows what's there. It's not that big of a deal, amirite?

eastcoasts avatar
1 13
The voters have decided that eastcoast is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I was actually just having a discussion about this. The fact that the naked human body is somehow off-limits and so rarely seen means that we have completely sexualized it beyond what out should be. This causes a whole host of problems, from "she was wearing revealing clothing" being an actual rape defense, to people perceiving any art depicting or containing the naked human form as pornography, to feeling shame or embarrassment about your own body.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +14Reply

The reason people are uncomfortable with it is because it's not seen or talked of very much. If people DID walk around naked, no one would by uncomfortable with it.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +7Reply

Maybe you should walk around naked, it could start a trend.

death_or_glorys avatar death_or_glory Yeah You Are +5Reply
@death_or_glory Maybe you should walk around naked, it could start a trend.

My friend always tells me that I'm going to end up in a nudist colony

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are 0Reply

I just had a dream in which people were casually naked and there wasn't anything sexual about it.

John_Smiths avatar John_Smith Yeah You Are +3Reply

It is taught, when you start growing up, you can't just walk around naked like you may have as a toddler. You parents teach you to not go around naked, and so you hold that belief and you pass it on and so on.

Umm... maybe because I wouldn't like my buddys to see my girlfriend's boobs and vagina

@Umm... maybe because I wouldn't like my buddys to see my girlfriend's boobs and vagina

I'm not saying everyone should walk around naked, I'm just saying that everyone acts like the human body is some foreign, weird thing

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are +15Reply

"Yeah, I'm not going to go walk around naked or anything."

How are those reading comprehension classes going?

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are +8Reply

Some guys dicks are tiny and are embarrassed haha ?

@IzzyTheSexyBeast Some guys dicks are tiny and are embarrassed haha ?

Again, OP isn't saying people should walk around naked. READ.