+147

The last relevant thing Kanye did for his career is when he interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMAs; so he should retire from music, amirite?

don29002s avatar
0 10
The voters have decided that don29002 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah because that Watch The Throne album wasn't a massive success or anything.

I feel like I'm the only one on this site who is a big fan of his music. I mean, personally he's a dick, but I can't deny that he makes good music.

He did do lots of dumb and rude things in the past, but I think Kanye does make good music. And he released two albums after the VMAs incident, both of which were successful, so no, the incident wasn't the last relevant thing he did.

Just because you don't follow rap doesn't mean rap artists don't produce anything outside the pop world.

@Just because you don't follow rap doesn't mean rap artists don't produce anything outside the pop world.

I do follow rap. And I know they make other music in other places. Also can people stop assuming I hate rap? Because I don't. I love any rap or music period as long as it has a story and positive message behind it.

don29002s avatar don29002 Yeah You Are 0Reply

The album he released in 2010 (after the VMA incident) was one of the most important hip-hop albums ever. Just because you didn't hear it doesn't mean it wasn't influential.

All of The Lights was really successful.

liens avatar lien No Way +6Reply

I don't know anything about Kanye West's career but the logic of this post just doesn't make sense. An artist should quit making music if it's not "relevant"? Okay, then I guess every band that hasn't made a top 40 hit should lock up their instruments and go find day jobs. Because that makes so much sense. This post is also completely hypocritical. Everyone always hates on mainstream artists because they cater to the masses, but now Kanye West apparently needs to quit his career if he hasn't made a mainstream song in a while? There's a word for people like OP, and it's "hater".

@wobbuffet I don't know anything about Kanye West's career but the logic of this post just doesn't make sense. An artist...

It's my personal opinion that he should retire from music. I was just saying that the last relevant thing he did OUTSIDE music was the VMA incident.... but I also feel that that was a publicity stunt for his career to gain more momentum.
I personally think that his music isn't that great--AFTER his "Jesus Walks" video. I loved it, but now the things he does and says for that matter, simply are too outrageous for me.
I was NOT commenting on his music, I was only saying he should retire.
Also, there are other great rappers out there. One of my all time favorites is the legend Ms Lauryn Hill. She's a step below philosophical, her words are as sweet as honey

I hate Kanye, but he did do some great collabs.