+231

It's pretty stupid how Americans have been doped into believing they only have two options to vote for: Democrats or Republicans. It's gotten to the point where people vote Democrat just because they don't want Republicans to win and vice versa. And that's exactly what both parties want because it keeps them powerful. You should be educating yourself about the options available and then make a choice based on your own values and not just try picking a winner between the two, amirite?

Jules_Winnfields avatar
7 21
The voters have decided that Jules_Winnfield is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

So vote for Vernin Supreme ftw

I agree. Those two parties want all the power to themselves it's not really fair. There could be someone more quallified to run the country but it's so hard to get an independent or third party on the ballot.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are +3Reply
@SkylarOctavious I agree. Those two parties want all the power to themselves it's not really fair. There could be someone more...

It's because the system is fucked up. And as long as those 2 parties have all the power, it will never change. Plus the media only ever covers those 2 parties. Most people probably don't know any of the independent candidates.

Jules_Winnfields avatar Jules_Winnfield Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Jules_Winnfield It's because the system is fucked up. And as long as those 2 parties have all the power, it will never change. Plus...

I also feel like they don't speak out enough to get the recognition they deserve. I would be abusing the shit out of all the media, social networking, viral videos etc to get my message across.

SkylarOctaviouss avatar SkylarOctavious Yeah You Are -1Reply
@SkylarOctavious Raising money is apart of campaigning.

Yeah but they obviously can't raise enough. But I agree, they should try do more. The smaller parties could even collaborate to bring more attention to the issue.

Jules_Winnfields avatar Jules_Winnfield Yeah You Are +1Reply

It's because of our voting system. Because of the way our elections work, it was inevitable that eventually two major parties would come to power, and none of the others would have a chance.

Not American, but it's very similar here in the UK. You're either Labor or Conservatives - people who are Lib Dem are usually so because they "don't like the other two". No one finds a party they actually agree with.

I'd look up voting systems. The one both UK and USA use it "first past the post", which basically always results in a 2-party system. "Alternative vote" gives more chance to smaller parties, resulting in less 'wasted votes'. It's complicated. :S

but parties do die out, the whigs....etc

But I want my gun rights mang.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Big_Boss But I want my gun rights mang.

Republicans aren't the only ones who are anti gun control.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Suzywao And he will be. :/

and what's so wrong about that?

From what I've seen, republican candidates (Sarah Pallin, Rick Perry, Michelle bachman) have all been nothing but a joke.

I think we can all say that having Obama as president is better than having Satah Pallin as vice-president (and potential presidency)

@TalkingRice and what's so wrong about that? From what I've seen, republican candidates (Sarah Pallin, Rick Perry, Michelle...

This entire post is about how a two party system is ridiculous. I don't like Obama OR Palin.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Suzywao This entire post is about how a two party system is ridiculous. I don't like Obama OR Palin.

The illusion of choice... You're offered 2 candidates whom you dislike, but it's "freedom to vote" and "democracy

I'd still go with Obama though.

And it's ridiculous how they have to appeal to everyone, even if it is injustice. Like when the parties supported slavery so that the southern states wouldn't tip towards the other party...

"We can only have two because apparently we're cave men" - Jon Stewart