+282

When you think about it, it's kind of weird how in the 21st century, countries still go to war and people still kill each other just to settle disagreements, take commodities, persecute over religion, etc. You'd think that since we're so advanced now,we'd have a more civilized way of dealing with problems, amirite?

heythereilikeurhairs avatar
12 15
The voters have decided that heythereilikeurhair is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1692715

Retarded fish frog monkeys to be exact.

PurpleZebras avatar PurpleZebra Yeah You Are 0Reply

If you look back in time, our life expectancy as a species was usually 20-30 at best. The problem is we keeping living longer but no one is growing up.

I was just thinking this earlier today. This happens so often on this site it doesn't even surprise me anymore.

Thanks for the post.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +5Reply

Nope. We just keep thinking of "better" ways to kill each others. Technology doesn't change the fact that people are revenge-seeking assholes. :/

There's something wrong with your premise, that methods of conflict resolution advances in the same sense technology advances, which it doesn't.

When there's conflict between 2 or more parties, they try to resolve it, usually by talking first to avoid deaths. If that fails, how else are the parties going to get what they want? By playing a game of golf?

All sides know that if the other parties simply didn't exist, they'd get their way. Since we''ve yet to develop a way to send people to different dimensions, the only way to truly and permanently get rid of opposing groups is by killing them. This will not change no matter how "advanced" of a civilization we become.

LamWins avatar LamWin No Way +2Reply
@LamWin There's something wrong with your premise, that methods of conflict resolution advances in the same sense...

With advancement of technology, the more we being to actually understand, and the more civilized we become, I would THINK our methods of dealing with problems would have changed as well, and not be the same exact thing that has been used for the...well since the beginning of time.

You don't honestly think that by going to war, we hope to "permanently get rid of opposing groups", do you?

I thought that was called genocide, but I could be wrong.

All I'm saying, is that, now, in the 21st century, one would think the government should have come up with a better way to settle it's disputes than sacrificing it's own people.

Just my opinion. You have yours, too which is always welcomed, I'm just trying to explain what I mean :)

Exactly why I propose to have all disagreements settled with rock paper scissors.

We should have pokemon battles to solve our problems

@We should have pokemon battles to solve our problems

No. it can't be any video games. Korean teenagers would win every war and dispute.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +6Reply

your post is cute and idealistic and makes sense :)
The problem is , being civilised or lacking it are never the prime reasons that countries go to war.Most of the times things are led to war due to a few powerful/power hungry selfish and corrupt individuals.

Paint-ball or Laser-tag could work. Or...fight wars on a MASSIVE on-line game of COD. It doesn't get rid of the fighting as such, but would stop people ACTUALLY getting hurt. Or you could pull annoying pranks on the opposing country, and the war ends when whichever side is too irritated to continue. It would certainly make for some very entertaining news stories.

@Paint-ball or Laser-tag could work. Or...fight wars on a MASSIVE on-line game of COD. It doesn't get rid of the...

This made me LOL. Laser tag could work..hahahahhahh, once you're out you just go home, last man standing? :P

Anonymous