+388

More people should learn sign language. Not only does it let you talk to the hard-of-hearing, you can also talk with your mouth full, have a conversation in a noisy room or at a concert, and more, amirite?

partinobodyculars avatar
8 13
The voters have decided that partinobodycular is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1697140

All I know how to say is "do you sign" and lesbian.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +6Reply

I want to learn sign, but it would be irritating to learn it, because you can't really spell it out, like you can with other languages.

@Ethan I want to learn sign, but it would be irritating to learn it, because you can't really spell it out, like you can...

I learnt sign language and if there is a word you don't know you just spell it out using the alphabet signs.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Ethan I'm saying you can't learn it off paper, you have to have a good teacher, and youtube.

The library is full of books that would disagree with you. Yes, it's much easier to learn from a video, but pictures work in a pinch.

@Ethan Sounds painful.

We had text books that had pictures and explanations.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@SpearmintMilk We had text books that had pictures and explanations.

Huh. Well, thanks for all that information. Is it moderately difficult? Because I was awful at spanish.

If everyone knew it, it'd kind of suck though.
The good thing about knowing it now is that if you know it and your friend knows it you can gossip subtly in public. If everyone knows it, that wouldn't be possible

@Kristen If everyone knew it, it'd kind of suck though. The good thing about knowing it now is that if you know it and your...

People make up their own languages all the time, and there's more than one version of sign language. If it's that important to you to gossip with your friends in public, just don't use the same sign language as the people around you.