+175

You're OK with movies omitting scenes/details for time, but it's annoying when random details are changed. Like in the movie Hermione explained what a mudblood was, but in the book she said she didn't know what it was but it sounded bad, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
1 10
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

How Madge didn't even exist in The Hunger Games.

OR WINKY! I wanted to see her in the story SO BAD!

OhEmGee_Muffins avatar OhEmGee_Muffin Yeah You Are +6Reply

I totally agree with your example - Hermione did tons of research about the wizard world before she came to Hogwarts, and it seemed odd to portray her as not knowing that some people would consider her inferior for being Muggle-born, particularly as blood purity seemed to be a major argument in wizard history.

Simons avatar Simon Yeah You Are +3Reply

honestly, that helped the audience understand the book more. people would have ended up talking during the movie if she didnt say what it was

names avatar name No Way +2Reply
@name honestly, that helped the audience understand the book more. people would have ended up talking during the movie if...

I didn't say the book never said what it was and the movie randomly added it in. They made a different character say it in the movie than in the book.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm pretty sure Hagrid explains it in the book. It wouldn't have changed anything if he had said the line instead of Hermione.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are -1Reply