+324

Some myths are so stupid. Vampires, for example. I mean, stabbing ANYONE throught the heart with a stake is going to kill them, amirite?

ThisBunnyFliess avatar
9 23
The voters have decided that ThisBunnyFlies is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The point of that is that it's one of the ONLY ways to kill a vampire.

@duckshirt The point of that is that it's one of the ONLY ways to kill a vampire.

Or, you know, sunlight, silver bullet, fire, dismemberment (I think there's a combination in Twilight, but i'm not sure.)

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -4Reply
@greatrande Pretty sure silver bullet are for werewolves.

Silver bullets are magic killers for eveything.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are 0Reply
@B10ckH34d Silver bullets are magic killers for eveything.

Except for vampires. The person below me lists of the only ways to kill them.

@greatrande Except for vampires. The person below me lists of the only ways to kill them.

Actually there are some shows that have vampires vulnerable to silver bullets. I was making a point that these ways work on human to. Bullet material doesn't matter to us.

@B10ckH34d Actually there are some shows that have vampires vulnerable to silver bullets. I was making a point that these ways...

Well those are shows. The original vampyre myth doesn't include dying from bullets...unless they're wooden.

@Mtrenchie What's that plant...wolfsbane?

What's the difference between that and monkshood?

Wolfsbane was not used in Harry potter to kill werewolves, but to instead make the humans free of becoming them while they take it.

@1698718

I was referring to Mtrenchie's comment...

@greatrande I was referring to Mtrenchie's comment...

oh. sry the notification said it was to me.

@B10ckH34d Or, you know, sunlight, silver bullet, fire, dismemberment (I think there's a combination in Twilight, but i'm not...

1. sunlight, 2. stabbing through the heart, 3. fire, 4. dismemberment.

If there are only four ways to kill a vampire, I'd say that's way more invincible than a human. Old age, suffocation, starvation, drowning, electrocution, blood loss, heart failure, cancer, disease . . . none of those apply in most vampire myths.

That's the biggest problem with vampires? Not them being immortal or being able to turn into a bat?

..turn them into ash.

Myths don't need to be logical. They just are what they are.

Arwens avatar Arwen No Way 0Reply

That doesn't make it stupid.