+169

Studies have shown that ignorant people actually believe they are intelligent, but intelligent people actually believe they are less smart than they really are. According to this logic, if I think I'm intelligent, I would be ignorant. However, if I legitimately was intelligent, wouldn't I undermine myself and call myself ignorant which would in turn make me think I'm intelligent? Seems paradoxical, amirite?

Supermannns avatar
6 4
The voters have decided that Supermannn is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I think recognition of limitations is important. If you think you are intelligent, but also recognize your limitations, you probably are intelligent. If you think you are intelligent, and don't recognize your limitations, you are probably ignorant.

Calling yourself ignorant wouldn't make you think you're intelligent, being ignorant would. It's not really a paradox.

You just hurt my brain.

@acisseJ You just hurt my brain.

dont worry i hurt my own brain just writing it lol

Supermannns avatar Supermannn Yeah You Are -1Reply