+241

Taking large facial piercing(s) out for professional team pictures. That's a reasonable request, amirite?

2 14

I think it's more to present a " professional" look to the public. To show that you care enough about your teams image to take a few of your more... extreme( at least, compared to others) additions to the body out. Also, teams are supposed to look unified. They don't have everyone show up in street clothes.

Why? That's false advertising. If they're always going to have that facial piercing, it's simply a part of what they look like.

What kind of professional team? Because if it's a sports team, chances are they have to take it out to play the sport anyway, so why wouldn't they take it out for the pictures?

I agree. The same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, a girl wouldn't take out a huge nose ring for a water polo picture. She could have worn in in the individual picture, but when your representing a school team, you should look professional.

To the people who NW'd:

1. Not EVERY SINGLE PIERCING might be taken out.

2. Who do you trust more:

or

3. If I had a job and lots of piercings, I would rather take out my piercings for one photo and get work rather than make my entire group look terrible and make them lose work.

What's considered large?

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply
@AntiJokeChicken Stretcher down to your shoulder.

I probably wouldn't ask them to take those out, then they would just look like Dumbo. I also don't know if that's considered a facial piercing.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +4Reply

Sure, to appeal to today's standards. But they shouldn't still be doing that in fifty years or so when the current professionals are retired and our more relaxed generation takes over.

Depends on the profession...

Well, it would be reasonable to ask them to put in a retainer or put a bandaid over it (if it's a stud). It's not reasonable, however, to make them lose a piercing because it closed in the time it took to make the picture. I have two cartilage piercings (nostril and tragus) and if I take them out for longer than it takes to change them (say, three minutes) they close up. Both cost $40 each. I'm not going to risk infection or losing my investment for one picture when I can cover them up or make them virtually invisible.

Why should you have to tone yourself down for a picture? To me, that's a sign of the team not accepting you for who you are. (And no, I don't have any facial piercings. Not my style; but those who do have that style should be allowed to rock it.)

@partinobodycular Why should you have to tone yourself down for a picture? To me, that's a sign of the team not accepting you for who...

I tottaly get your point, but it's because you're supposed to look professional in a professional team picture and team members are supposed to look similar because it shows unity.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Frank_n_Furter I tottaly get your point, but it's because you're supposed to look professional in a professional team picture and...

That's what the uniforms are for. But then, it's probably not safe to wear large piercings when playing a sport (which is how I'm interpreting team) anyway, and it does make sense that you'd want the photo to reflect how you look when you're playing.

Also I may have misinterpreted this - I read it as a professional photo of a team, and thought of an amateur league, in which case I think you should be allowed to look like yourself; but reading it as a photo of a professional team, it's reasonable to have more rules about appearance.