+901

Americans: We should paint the White House black and still call it the White House. That way all the other countries would be like "Hey, that house isn't white, why is it called the White House?", and then we can all have some good laughs as our economy fails, amirite?

DandyLions avatar
171 93
The voters have decided that DandyLion is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Isn't the fact that Rhode Island isn't an island confusing enough?

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +49Reply
@Brettward95 It's also really small. HAHA POINT AT IT AND LAUGH!

IT'S SO SMALL, I CAN'T EVEN FIND IT TO POINT AT IT! HAHAHAHA!

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +46Reply
@1704965

hahahahhaha You act as if girls ever see my penis.

@Skr3wBall Isn't the fact that Rhode Island isn't an island confusing enough?

Rhode Island's full name is the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Rhode Island is techinocally the state's biggest Island, Aquidneck Island, and the rest is Providence Plantations but people refer to it as Rhode Island for short. Yeah yeah its small, but its beautiful and an easy place to win a HS state championship title. Plus we got one of the nations worst state economies :D

LyJas avatar LyJa Yeah You Are +4Reply
@LyJa Rhode Island's full name is the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Rhode Island is techinocally the...

Way to ruin the fun, Miss Technical. Rhode Island is a small non-island state, although it is called an island. The end.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +14Reply
@Skr3wBall Way to ruin the fun, Miss Technical. Rhode Island is a small non-island state, although it is called an island...

Rhode Island actually has an island called Rhode Island though.

Now let's point and laugh at LyJa's spelling of "technically". OH HAHAHA TECHINOCALLY! HAHAHA!

Treldmans avatar Treldman Yeah You Are +9Reply

Don't forget one of our countries highest unemployment rates!

HELL YEAH RHODE ISLAND

GryndStones avatar GryndStone Yeah You Are +8Reply
@GryndStone Don't forget one of our countries highest unemployment rates! HELL YEAH RHODE ISLAND

I actually don't live in RI anymore :(

I lived in Cumberland, though. Very Very close to Providence, right on the border of MA.

Ebony_Ways avatar Ebony_Way Yeah You Are +2Reply

Canada...what is that???

@Canada...what is that???

I think it's a disease.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +20Reply
@LittleRed I think it's a disease.

Negative, Red. It is a Sicillian pastry....

Juless avatar Jules Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Jules Negative, Red. It is a Sicillian pastry....

Silly Jules... It's definitely one of those brown popsicles that look like they should taste like chocolate but end up tasting like vanilla, and your all "aww what the hell" but then you realize its all ok because the popsicle stand has a buy one get one free deal, so you get another "not-Canadian" chocolate popsicle with chocolate filling and then its all better. your still a little peeved that this pseudo-chocolate popsicle still exists, but your too busy enjoying the real chocolate Popsicle in your hand to care.

thats canada.

HydroZoids avatar HydroZoid Yeah You Are +11Reply
@1704452

What's "it"? :O

http://ctrlv.in/84316

Are they going to punish me?

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +4Reply

And we should call the Pentagon the Triangle :P

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +24Reply
@Favvkes And we should call the Pentagon the Triangle :P

Wow... I spent so much time trying to think of something like that, like putting a lock on the freedom tower or putting a silver gate on the ends of the golden gate bridge... but that one is what I was looking for.

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +13Reply

We should really start focusing on the more important things in America, such as women's rights and free...
LAWL
i cant do this xD

Philosopher721s avatar Philosopher721 Yeah You Are +21Reply

i fucking love this post. needs more up votes.

Qeezs avatar Qeez Yeah You Are +11Reply
runnerdudes avatar runnerdude Yeah You Are +11Reply
@runnerdude NO! NEVER!

I don't understand why you wouldn't want this funny post to be POTD. I'm suggesting it for POTD then.

Suns avatar Sun Yeah You Are +7Reply

I smell POTD in your future... Smells pretty fine.

acisseJs avatar acisseJ Yeah You Are +11Reply
@acisseJ I smell POTD in your future... Smells pretty fine.

I love the smell of POTD in the morning. Smells like... victory.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +10Reply

Congratulations, Craig!

Ebony_Ways avatar Ebony_Way Yeah You Are +5Reply

Can someone explain this to me? My friends and I don't know what the heck you're trying to pull here. o.o

@Can someone explain this to me? My friends and I don't know what the heck you're trying to pull here. o.o

It's basically just saying "hey, look a funny joke" to cover up the failing economy. But then there's the underlying message of black Obama being the reason for the failing economy, which I don't think was intended, but who knows?

... That's a race joke, right? /s

@Nerdunderdog ... That's a race joke, right? /s

You bet your bottom dollar it is. To think...over 400 jerks voted this up. >_>

I guess 12 people didn't know that was sarcasm.

it was black at one point... When we burned it!! fuck yeah canada

@Cpt_McMuffin I believe that was the British.

Most textbooks say it was the British because Canada was not an independent country until 1867 and therefore still part of Britain's Dominion, so while it technically was the British simply because of the matter of independence and namesake, it was really the Canadians who burned it when retaliating after the Americans torched York (modern day Toronto)

well canada was a british colony at that point but we were still the ones to torch washington

@flynSpaghettiMonster well canada was a british colony at that point but we were still the ones to torch washington

Okay, I suppose that makes sense, I just always heard people say "British." The only mention of Canada I ever hear about during that time period was the USA's epic fail invasion.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +26Reply
@1702018

The war of 1812, I'm pretty sure anways

@LovelyGreen The war of 1812, I'm pretty sure anways

You sure? I think (s)he may have been referring to the invasion during the Revolution where we sent up like 5,000 soldiers and it turned out we were gonna need like 20,000, and we just spent a couple years dicking around up north, pillaging some cities and when it came time to take the city we actually wanted we tried, lost like 40% of our army we sent up there, and ran back to the US.

And to anyone wondering why I'm using first/fourth person, yes, I WAS in the revolutionary war.

@MartellusBoss Yeah but they burned the White House in the War of 1812, not the Revolution.

But they said "epic fail invasion," so i supposed they were referring to a US fail invasion.

@yay_im_wrong But they said "epic fail invasion," so i supposed they were referring to a US fail invasion.

1. The US tried and failed to invade Canada during the war of 1812 too.
2. I applaud your use of context clues but if you would continue to read the thread you would see that the whole chain started because spaghetti monster was yappin about burning the white house, which happened in the war of 1812.

MartellusBosss avatar MartellusBoss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@MartellusBoss 1. The US tried and failed to invade Canada during the war of 1812 too. 2. I applaud your use of context clues but...

Oh, yeah, I understood the beginning of the thread, I just thought the comment was semi-unrelated. I also just didn't know the US invaded Canada in the War of 1812

@flynSpaghettiMonster it was black at one point... When we burned it!! fuck yeah canada

It's actually pretty funny how Canadians burned down the White House, yet Americans still have the "all Canadians are nice" stereotype.

We watched a video in History class about how Canadians thought they were the ones to burn the White House, and my teacher was making fun of them and saying how they just wanted to take credit for what the British did, until one girl raised her hand and said she was Canadian. Then he shut up.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +23Reply

Also in the war of 1812 it wasn't really Canadians fighting. It was a mixture of Canadian and British troops led by British generals founded by British money...

DandyLions avatar DandyLion Yeah You Are +2Reply

Yeah, everyone who fought in that war pretended that they were the ones who won it, but it was really a tie.

PinkSponges avatar PinkSponge Yeah You Are +1Reply

(flynspaghettimonster) Also, if you're going to measure power by just counting how many wars a nation has won or lost, you have no idea what it means for a nation to be powerful. First of all, all of those wars were in the past, and are irrelevant to the country's present power. Second, the US is considered more powerful than Canada because it has a more advanced military, a bigger economy, and greater global influence.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yeah, and Native American tribes supported the British too. It was a lot more than just the US invading Canada and needing to retreat.

no worries
by the way, you seem like a pretty agreeable guy, especially for the internet. Just thought I'd say that.

Well thanks, I try to be a bit more civilized than the average internet hobo. And while I would argue with you on a few things, you seem like a pretty nice guy too.

@Cpt_McMuffin Well thanks, I try to be a bit more civilized than the average internet hobo. And while I would argue with you on...

Could you guys maybe message each other? I'm getting a ton of notifications because of your conversation...

here's a video that sums up the war of 1812 pretty wellhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ety2FEHQgwM

That song is awesome, but one thing really bugged me: "The only war the US ever lost"....um, no. The US won the War of 1812.

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are 0Reply

U.S won the war of 1812 technically, but no side gained anything.

DandyLions avatar DandyLion Yeah You Are 0Reply

(flynspaghettimonster) No. They had no victory over Canada, but you can't call that a loss as the real conflict was against the British Empire as a whole. It actually ended in a peace agreement, so neither side won or lost.

I kidding about the more powerful part. The US has a ridiculous military.

I apologize then, it's a bit hard to detect sarcasm/jokes through unspoken text.

That's a problem with the new comment system, not our fault. You can just switch your notification settings if it's that big of a deal.

I know it's a problem with the new comment system, but I can't just switch my settings. I would have to turn off notifications for all replies to my comments. It would be easier if you guys continued your conversation through messaging.

The US did not win the war of 1812, they went in trying to invade canada (and do a bunch of other shit but whatever) and they got pushed back. That doesn't qualify as a win.
You know whats cool? all the wars canada and the USA fought on the same side (WWI WWII,etc.) we won all the wars the US fought without Canada (vietnam, Iraq, etc.) the US lost, and the only war we fought against each other (1812) Canada won. And people still say the US is the most powerfull nation..

How... Is this funny?

@Emperorerror How... Is this funny?

Because it makes you go YouTube video thumbnail

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Favvkes Because it makes you go

Master Plan By Dwight:
Let us all work together to make this youtube video go viral. Then while Fawkes is sad about how she has turned into the new Rebecca Black, we can have something to laugh about while the earth melts because of global warming.

Dwights avatar Dwight Yeah You Are +33Reply
@Emperorerror How... Is this funny?

personally i found it funny, but my judgment is biased.

DandyLions avatar DandyLion Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Emperorerror How... Is this funny?

In response to both of you, I understand that it's like, "Hahaha we're so awesome. Oh wait, we're not." I just don't find that humorous. Is there something I'm missing?

@Emperorerror In response to both of you, I understand that it's like, "Hahaha we're so awesome. Oh wait, we're not." I just...

It's not like that at all. It's just that it would be sincerely funny to do something like that for no reason and confuse people, and at the same time it would distract people from our failing economy. I'm explaining it poorly...

@DandyLion It's not like that at all. It's just that it would be sincerely funny to do something like that for no reason and...

Thanks for trying to explain it, even though you don't think you did so well. So it's funny because we're doing something random to distract from our failure?

Anonymous