+187

Religious folk seem to be quick to attribute anything in their life to God. "We're so grateful to God that our little Stanley got into Yale", it's like bitch, God had nothing to do with it, that shit was all me, amirite?

Blind_Thiefs avatar
6 9
The voters have decided that Blind_Thief is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

20 people in a building. 19 die in a tornado. Thank God Jimmy survived. Oh...but he just couldn't help the others?

Astronaut_Wills avatar Astronaut_Will Yeah You Are +29Reply

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me."
-Emo Philips

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +10Reply

Imagine how little kids feel when they accomplish something great like aceing a hard test and their parents are like "Thank the almighty God for that". They'd be crushed. :(

Madies avatar Madie Yeah You Are +8Reply

If this is indeed about yourself: Congrats on getting into Yale! You probably deserve it because of your own hard work and dedication :)

Myranias avatar Myrania Yeah You Are +7Reply
Blind_Thiefs avatar Blind_Thief Yeah You Are +23Reply

I think when people say stuff like that, they're not trying to demean your achievement. They're just thanking God that He gave you the opportunity and the ability to do it. Don't overthink it too much.

Yeah it really sucks how everyone attributes all these things to something that doesn't exist. I'm not trying to say that God isn't real.... actually yes I am, he's totally not real.

I think if I was a doctor and people kept giving God credit for what I'd done I'd go on strike and see just how many people God was saving.