+588

If you’re a “nice guy” to a girl up until you realize she doesn’t want to date you, then go on about how she’s a cold shrew that friendzoned you and how no girls date nice guys, sorry but girls do date nice guys. You just aren’t a nice guy. You’re a passive aggressive beta with internalized misogyny and a serious victim complex, amirite?

78 52

that's like the best insult I've ever heard!

I_Predict_A_Riots avatar I_Predict_A_Riot Yeah You Are +20Reply

Holy there's been a lot of posts lately having to do with things like this.

Dameequas avatar Dameequa Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Dameequa Holy there's been a lot of posts lately having to do with things like this.

Because the internet has become full of men complaining like babies about "friendzoning bitches."

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +33Reply

Any guy who NW's is butthurt.

Duh?

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +8Reply

This exact situation has happened to me, finally someone gets it.

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are +5Reply

Well, I don't think those things are mutually exclusive, depends what you mean by nice.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Adorea aka me

And how's that going for you?

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are +8Reply
@a_fetus And how's that going for you?

Holy shit, I thought i posted this on a different amirite.

Disregard that.

@Adorea Holy shit, I thought i posted this on a different amirite. Disregard that.

Don't worry, you gave us all quite a bit of brief amusement.

a_fetuss avatar a_fetus Yeah You Are 0Reply

This made me giggle.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's not being friend-zoned unless you continue being her friend. People have warped the term "friend-zoned" into this word that encompasses every situation where a girl doesn't go for a guy just because he wasn't a dick. This is what I refer to as the friend zone: A guy is really interested in a girl and is nice to her, but when he tells her how he feels (emphasis on him actually telling her) she "just wants to be friends." Then the guy continues to be friends with her even though he wants more from the relationship.

Guys: If you're nice to a girl, but she isn't interested in you, then just leave. Don't be a dick. Tell her that you want to be more than friends and if she doesn't want that then you aren't interested. It doesn't mean you have to be mean. Just don't be her friend.

(Ladies, I realize you can be friend-zoned as well. Just flip the genders so it makes sense.)

@1707586

I'm not saying be a dick to her or ignore her or zone her out of you life. Personal example: I really, really liked this girl and I had told her that I really, really liked her. She told me it was never going to happen, but I continued to talk to her all the time and help out with her guy problems and basically be there for her whenever she needed me (aka a friend). For her, it was probably great. I'm not trying to be conceited (and this is where you know I'm going to say something very conceited), but I was a great friend for her. I was always there for her. My feelings never changed for her, though. I still liked her and she still liked me, but only as a friend. So she was getting all the perks of having a friend, and I was getting all the misery of loving someone who could never love me back. It's not selfish to end a relationship that is causing you emotional distress and overall making you unhappy.

I eventually decided to stop being her friend (please note that my definition of a friend is someone who is ALWAYS there for you). I still talked to her at school and I would still be nice to her, but I stopped txting her all the time, I stopped helping her with her boy problems...

@ThatDylanGuy I'm not saying be a dick to her or ignore her or zone her out of you life. Personal example: I really, really liked...

(continued, I had a lot to say)... and I stopped being her shoulder to cry on and the guy to tell her that everything is going to be OK. It wasn't fair for me to have to be miserable and her completely happy. After I finally got over her (took a long time cause we were so close), I started being her friend again.

So when I say to end a friendship, I don't mean shut that person out of your life. I mean stop putting yourself in a situation that makes you miserable. I know it's nice to put someone else before yourself, but it isn't worth sacrificing your happiness for.

@1708624

Depends on what kind of friendship you have. I wrote a book one comment above you If you'd like to read it.

@1709608

Yeah, I get what you mean. Re-reading it I can definitely see why someone would take it like that.

I never complain about being friend zoned or anything because I'm happy to be friends with anyone...but generally speaking, not even from personal experience, girls seem to be attracted to douches

@WinniethePooh I never complain about being friend zoned or anything because I'm happy to be friends with anyone...but generally...

Immature girls are attracted to douches. Mature girls are attracted to nice guys with similar interests and a mature attitude. You've got to decide that you're ready to go after more mature females.

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +5Reply

@dannydunnaway Let's flip that around shall we? We'll put it into perspective. What you said but switch the genders. "Guys just chase after bitches who 'put them in the friendzone' " There are more productive things to do with your time than chasing after girls who obviously don't like YOU. You could maybe pursue girls who do like you?

I know you said not from personal experience but you know what I mean.

Not sure if trolling or serious.

@1707031

The person in this situation would most certainly not be a "a passive aggressive beta" or have "serious victim complex".

@1707584

That just doesn't seem like something that would occur when a person that OP is describing goes through this experience.

@partinobodycular Aww, how's that friendzone treating you?

I find it hilarious that you believe I must have experienced something myself to think the way that people who have are stereotypically thought of as thinking.

@Emperorerror I find it hilarious that you believe I must have experienced something myself to think the way that people who have...

I find it hilarious that you think you are able to classify people in these situations with certainty. Most certainty, at that. Especially since "nice" boys who don't get the girls they want often do passive-aggressively victimize themselves. Sorry.

@partinobodycular I find it hilarious that you think you are able to classify people in these situations with certainty. Most...

I know I said certainly, but that's not really what I meant. Clearly not100% of people in this situation would be that way, as is true with everything, it's just that based on my experiences in the world and with people, the kind of person that would be in this situation wouldn't be "a passive aggressive beta" or have "serious victim complex".

no your just a bitch

@no your just a bitch

you're*
If you are going to insult, at least have the decency to do so with accurate grammar.

Girls do date nice guys? Who told you this lie?

@crazyvt22 Girls do date nice guys? Who told you this lie?

lol why would anyone want a mean boyfriend?

blonde_zoes avatar blonde_zoe Yeah You Are +34Reply

Also probably ugly, which is why you're in the friendzone. ;)

@Also probably ugly, which is why you're in the friendzone. ;)

Actually, girls, this bitch is a more accurate representation of the general population of women.

"But girls do date nice guys"

Biggest lie that is ever told, right next to "I floss everyday".

@Big_Boss "But girls do date nice guys" Biggest lie that is ever told, right next to "I floss everyday".

Maybe the girls you go after aren't nice girls. But you don't seem like a very nice guy to make such a very broad generalization like that so that's probably why. There are a ton of girls that want to date a nice guy. You just don't like them.

midnightcookiess avatar midnightcookies Yeah You Are +19Reply
@Big_Boss http://www.telegraph.co.uk/moto...sive-cars.html

Beautiful story bro, but these women were just shown pictures. If the man in the Bentley turned out to be a total dick and the man in the Ford turned out to be really awesome, they'd probably pick Ford dude. (I know they're the same guy, but let's pretend they're twins or something.) If they pick Bentley guy, then they're bitches and Ford dude shouldn't get caught up on them.

Sarcasm_on_ices avatar Sarcasm_on_ice Yeah You Are +12Reply

Guy I like drives a minivan. Your argument is invalid.

Anonymous