+138

You don't understand why people who enjoy the Amanda Show or Drake and Josh hate on iCarly and Victorious. All of the shows were made by the same person, and the humor is pretty much the same. Amirite?

2 15

I don't necessarily agree.
Drake and Josh humor:
"I hope you go bald!"
"I hope they cancel Oprah!"
"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!"

This example of humor does, indeed, make me laugh. Firstly, the idea of a teenage boy having an obsession with Oprah is clever- or at least thoughtful. Secondly, Josh Peck's acting-particularly in situations where he has to overreact (which is quite often)- is fantastic and absolutely hilarious.

iCarly humor:
"[something something something] iCarly."
"Our webshow?"
"No, our potato farm."

iCarly and Victorious rely more on "randomness" for their humor, which I do not appreciate. It doesn't take wit, thought, or cleverness.

Maybe Dan Schneider is getting lazy.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky No Way +30Reply
@I've always thought iCarly's humor was based more on sarcasm-- especially Sam's.

Yeah, that's part of it. I don't mind sarcasm in moderation; it can be pretty funny sometimes, but when every.single.joke. is sarcastic, it gets old pretty quickly.

The acting on iCarly is basically terrible.

@The acting on iCarly is basically terrible.

I think Jerry Trainer is pretty good. (For anyone who doesn't know, he plays Spencer.)

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky No Way +19Reply

I think we would like them if we were kids today but we say we like the amanda show and drake and josh now because of the nostalgia factor

But the writing is different. Even though it's the same type of humor, it's not delivered the same way, and they are in different situations. Also, iCarly has each show start with "i"

@yay_im_wrong But the writing is different. Even though it's the same type of humor, it's not delivered the same way, and they...

But its just the name, and people hardly look at the name of the episodes. I know I don't.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Oh, that was just a side comment. I thought you were talking about the first part of my comment. I just don't like it. It annoys me they name it like that.

Victorious is filled with hot chicks. 'nuff said.

names avatar name No Way +7Reply

I dont like Victorious because I actually go to a famous performing arts school, and the unrealistic quality of the show.bothers me. I do respect some of the characters for being amazing singers. I like iCarly, for the other characters who aren't Carly.

Lol, I am watching Drake and Josh RIGHT NOW.