+522

It's funny how theater and choir boys in high school have the stereotype of being gay but professional actors and singers are kinda thought of as hot hunks of love every woman wants to get with, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar
11 17
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I can't wait for the day when people realize that a guy does not have to play sports and act like a player to be straight.

...am I waiting for something that won't happen?

@I can't wait for the day when people realize that a guy does not have to play sports and act like a player to be...

Waiting is nothing but wasting of time. You don't need "people" to believe you're straight. You just need one "person" to believe you're straight (or not).

nah... I know a ton of male gymnasts and singers and thespians that are some of the most popular people in the school. It's gettin' there.

@I_Predict_A_Riot nah... I know a ton of male gymnasts and singers and thespians that are some of the most popular people in the...

Also true, my best friend and I were in the drama club together, and we made prom king and queen. We weren't popular with the 'popular club', which consisted of at most 10 people, but we were with the other 4990 students at our school.

Myranias avatar Myrania Yeah You Are +1Reply

You simply haven't found a (group of) girl(s) who are smart enough to realize it. I'm sure at some point that day will come, don't worry.

Runys avatar Runy Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Runy You simply haven't found a (group of) girl(s) who are smart enough to realize it. I'm sure at some point that day...

Personally I don't fall for the typical alpha-male with muscles, abs and no brains. Most of the men I have dated were typical nerds, who are interested in the same things I'm interested in and are intelligent. It's great to have a conversation with your partner about a great variety of things, instead of just sports and how awesome they are. The 'nice guys' are in fact nice, good guys, who are less likely to cheat on you, acknowledge you for who you are and they are much better to build a life long relationship with.

I have a friend that plays water polo and he said to me once "The football team is so gay." He didn't give a reason why but I decided to burst his bubble and I said "This coming from the guy who plays a sport that requires him to be almost completely naked surrounded by other guys that are also almost completely naked."

From my experience it isn't the girls that think the boys in our plays are gay, but the boys not in the plays and involved in other sports like wrestling think that. I'm like "You may not wear stage makeup, but you wear tight clothing and grab other guys. What makes you so straight?"

StacytheHarlots avatar StacytheHarlot Yeah You Are +4Reply
@StacytheHarlot From my experience it isn't the girls that think the boys in our plays are gay, but the boys not in the plays and...

Yeah, I've always found wrestling to be more gay than theater (but I suppose I'm a bit biased since I'm a drama geek).
It's kind of like the argument about how guys that cheerlead gets to touch girls all day, in more plays, if you're a lead, you're going to interact with a girl a lot.
We did Xanadu and they had to make out. :|

My friend gets made fun of for doing tech. TECH. All just works light and sound, he doesn't even wear makeup and tights!
But he also gets a lot more girls than the guys who make fun of him so....

It's a stereotype, it doesn't mean its always true. From my experience, most have been flamboyant, but I'm not saying every single theater and choir boy is gay.
Your comparison is kind of off though, because guys that do theatre professionally are still usually thought of as gay, movie/tv show actors aren't. Same thing with professional choir singers. The professional singers that girl usually think are "hot hunks" are of rock/pop/boyband/etc bands.

@AnnDeeva It's a stereotype, it doesn't mean its always true. From my experience, most have been flamboyant, but I'm not...

Of course it's not true, sterotypes never are. Except the one about Asians being smart >.> But that's true about the pro choir singers.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

Because no one calls Justin Beiber gay

I do theater, and I've found most of them are (or at least seem) very hetero. I actually haven't known any openly gay ones. I have my suspensions about three guys though...