+360

There is a huge difference between a typo and a grammatical error, and people need to start realizing that, amirite?

Thumpers avatar
4 12
The voters have decided that Thumper is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Like when you're trying to type the word "the" and accidentally type "thw" and someone comments on it saying "the* learn to spell" or something smartassed like that. Really? I had no idea, I always thought it was spelled "thw".

Thumpers avatar Thumper Yeah You Are +29Reply

I agree with the concept of the post, however, typos can definitely be grammatical errors. In fact, they almost always are.

@shelbme I agree with the concept of the post, however, typos can definitely be grammatical errors. In fact, they almost...

Typo: Writing "thw" instead of "the".
Grammatical error: "Your so dumb" instead of "You're so dumb".

@Dinosaurs Typo: Writing "thw" instead of "the". Grammatical error: "Your so dumb" instead of "You're so dumb".

Also if someone types "their" instead of "there" or something and correct themselves by saying "oh sorry, typo". No. That is not a typo, you're just an idiot.

@MacaroniSalad Also if someone types "their" instead of "there" or something and correct themselves by saying "oh sorry, typo"...

It could be a typo, you know like when you're typing fast and your fingers finish a word automatically, and sometimes it becomes a different word that you're more used to typing?