+292

Between his dramatic backstory and his ability to be both despicable and entirely loveable, Haymitch is sort of like the Snape of the Hunger Games, amirite?

HMDuckys avatar Books
14 20
The voters have decided that HMDucky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Haymitch was by far the best character, mainly because of the many times he was a total ass.

Yeah but Haymitch never hated Katniss the way Snape hated Harry. And he wasn't in love with her mom. And I never really found him despicable.

sansas avatar sansa No Way +11Reply

I know he loved Lilly and everything, but I've never really seen Snape as lovable. Maybe that's just me.

shelbybuckffss avatar shelbybuckffs Yeah You Are +9Reply
@shelbybuckffs I know he loved Lilly and everything, but I've never really seen Snape as lovable. Maybe that's just me.

Not in that sense I don't think. But I think that everyone has a love-hate relationship with Snape's character.

Montanas avatar Montana Yeah You Are +6Reply

I think Haymitch should have ended up with Katniss.

Ignore the age gap for a minute, here.

Peeta was stalkerish and clingy and Gale never had a chance ever.

Haymitch got her, respected her independence... It was just right.

I've thought so since SPOILER ALERT they got drunk together.

It's better explained when I can say it in person, but it would've been a great ending.

adiosToreadors avatar adiosToreador Yeah You Are +8Reply
@adiosToreador I think Haymitch should have ended up with Katniss. Ignore the age gap for a minute, here. Peeta was stalkerish...

*WARNING: CONTAINS A BIT OF SPOILERY

I understand where you're coming from, but I think part of the pain that caused Haymitch to revert to alcohol was the government's killing his then-current girlfriend.

Because of all the grief that ensued and the drinks he consumed (hey, that almost rhymed) to nullify said grief, I don't think he would ever be able to get over his former partner and properly love another.

Also, as a less-important side note, I found Peeta neither stalkerish nor clingy. He just truly (madly, deeply, teehee) loved and cared for her. He clung to Katniss no more than Katniss clung to him. Also, if my memory serves correct, he never did anything even remotely similar to stalking.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky Yeah You Are +7Reply

http://ctrlv.in/86866
Haymitch isn't cool enough to do that.hello smilie

Except for Haymitch will never compare to Snape ever. Because Snape is the best. Ever. Forever. Oh my God I just love Snape.

@1712716

I believe Harry potter is better. Let the flame war begin.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +12Reply
@1712998

Hunger games is really good, but I feel like the last book and part of the second was lacking.

Harry potter is great because of the little things, like how lupine means wolf, and voldemort means flight of death, and how fred and George were based on two brothers; one was deaf and one died in war.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1713045

Let's not go into detail about the author an fanbase. That's completely irrelevant.

I like how hunger games had some realistic elements. However I read books to escape to another world, which is why I liked Harry Potter. There's magic and magical animals and so many things that aren't in this world, while maintaining the realistic aspect of it (muggles, communication between muggle political leaders
and wizard political leaders).

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1713074

Just out of curiosity, how old were you when you read THG?

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@16, why?

I read HP when I was in fifth grade, so my imagination and preference for fantasy stories would have been higher than yours, which was 16.

Case closed.

@mchalla3 I read HP when I was in fifth grade, so my imagination and preference for fantasy stories would have been higher...

You asked my how old I was when I read hunger games. then your talking about when you read hp. not case close. i too was in fifth grade when i read hp.

@1712716

I neither compared the stories nor took sides; I simply noted a few similarities between two secondary characters.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky Yeah You Are +5Reply