+124

A Satanist is just an obnoxious Atheist, no one who thinks worshipping Satan is a good idea genuinely believes in him, amirite?

Truuninjas avatar
4 12
The voters have decided that Truuninja is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There's Laveyan satanism in which you don't worship any deity. However, there is legitimate devil-worshipping, as in Luciferian Satanism. As a general point, Satanism is just the opposition of conventional religion.

nonononono. atheists do not believe there is a deity at all. god or satan, there isnt any.

names avatar name No Way +7Reply

These are the Satanic rules:
1)Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2)Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3)When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4)If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5)Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6)Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7)Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8)Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9)Do not harm little children.
10)Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11)When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

Every rule except 4, 7, and the "destroy him" part of 11, seem to be rules a normal person would follow. So no, most of them probably aren't obnoxious atheists.

You are aware that atheists are atheists because we don't believe in any kind of god, right?

Yes, I meant to put we.

@Tweetbaby14 You are aware that atheists are atheists because we don't believe in any kind of god, right? Yes, I meant to put we.

I think that's what the post is saying. That no one would actually worship a god who they genuinely thought they'd face an eternity of pain for worshipping. Therefore, a Satanist can't actually believe in Satan. So they'd be an atheist.
I don't necessarily agree with the post - I'm sure there are some Satanists who genuinely believe in Satan, I mean, come on, there's weirder beliefs out there - but I think you misunderstood.

@Chou I think that's what the post is saying. That no one would actually worship a god who they genuinely thought they'd...

If they didn't believe in Satan they would not be satanists. Because they believe in them, regardless of what their reasons may be, that still is a religion making them not atheist.

@Tweetbaby14 If they didn't believe in Satan they would not be satanists. Because they believe in them, regardless of what...

I know, I agree with you. Maybe instead of Satanists, it should say "most people who claim to be Satanists", since Satanists are real. But for some teens who claim it, it is seen mostly as kind of an "edgier" version of atheism to them.

If they worship Satan, then they obviously have no fear of hell, so that argument is quite invalid.