+200

You view religion as a casual or semi-casual relationship rather than a formal one between yourself and the supreme being(s) you believe in, amirite?

monica_is_WJLLs avatar
3 3
The voters have decided that monica_is_WJLL is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Ok, could someone please explain to me how this works? I've never been religious, so I've never gotten this. You talk to your god(s), and they help you with your life. That's sort of a relationship, I guess, but I don't see how it can feel casual or like anything at all really.
*Not criticizing, genuinely curious

@sighcantthinkofaname Ok, could someone please explain to me how this works? I've never been religious, so I've never gotten this. You...

I guess its kind of like thinking of jesus as your friend, too. Like for example, if you were praying, you might say "hey jesus, i know i've been had and stuff, and i'm sorry, butcould you please help me out with something?" I dont know. Something like that.