+132

People praying for someone in the hospital does nothing but provide moral support. It's not like there's a prayer quota that must be reached before God can help them. amirite?

GiggityGoo22s avatar Religion
4 17
The voters have decided that GiggityGoo22 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I hate it when people have problems with praying. Like really, you're going to complain about someone hoping for someone to get better? REALLY?

@I hate it when people have problems with praying. Like really, you're going to complain about someone hoping for...

No where did OP said he had a problem with praying, merely he was pointing out an observation that he made that might be true or untrue.

If you are going to assume that anybody who questions your beliefs is somehow attacking it or having a problem with it, you aren't ready for the internet.

According to Facebook, there is.

I believe prayers can help, but it won't directly help. It's like a performance enhancer. God helps that person by clearing their mind, and adding concentration. But what do I know, i'm just a mirage.

Actually, people who've been prayed for have been proven to have better and faster recovery in scientific studies. this happens even when they don't know they were prayed for.

@personThingy Where do these studies come from exactly? Any link you could give us?

None that I, feel like searching for. I don't care enough about the topic to go out of my way to defend it. Just know the studies exist for your perusal. I really don't care if people belIeve or not.

@Trish Actually, people who've been prayed for have been proven to have better and faster recovery in scientific studies...

Why would you even bother to post that if you don't care whether or not we believe it?

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +3Reply
@personThingy Why would you even bother to post that if you don't care whether or not we believe it?

Because I hate when misinformation is spread. However, I've learned in my life that when it comes to faith, spirituality, or mortality it's something that ultimately must be lived and experienced. The science is partially there with studies like this, but you could read trillions with a closed mind and never feel it in your heart. So, to summarize....it's not something that people will accept if they don't want to. Therefore, I don't feel like defending or explaining because nothing will change. I, simply wanted to say there are studies that show differently than the OP's opinion.

@Trish Because I hate when misinformation is spread. However, I've learned in my life that when it comes to faith...

Its kind of ignorant to say that nothing will change. Maybe that one proven statistic actually made someone rethink their beliefs. There are plenty of people who aren't closed minded on the site.

Some people here do want to accept that praying for someone will help. I already believe in it, but if you claim there is scientific studies to prove it, then I want to see it. You would have to be a real bitch to get my hopes up for nothing.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +1Reply

So that's it? You have a source of borderline proof of our religion and you won't tell me about it? You're trying to correct this post, but you don't want us to know that the post is incorrect?
Why is there a smiley face? Do you get satisfaction from doing this?

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are 0Reply