+280

Good advertising: placing advertisement somewhere close to your view but not interrupting it; that way when you are bored you will have no other option but to look at it like adverstisements on the sky at a nascar race. Bad advertising: you are forced to watch it; a video on youtube before the video you want to watch, amirite?

okeydokey27s avatar Jokes & Humour
5 8
The voters have decided that okeydokey27 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Acquire adblock, disregard advertisements.

It's good for you but not for them...

@PurpleZebra It's good for you but not for them...

It's bad for them too. You being to despise them and their product for being pushy assholes, so you are less inclined to buy it. There would be a lot of Jehova's Witnesses, for example, if they held classes for interested people instead of knocking on everyone's door and pissing them off.

I say no attention is better than negative attention.

@B10ckH34d I say no attention is better than negative attention.

It's called the mere exposure effect, and advertising works pretty much every time as long as the person sees the product or company's name. You just don't realize it happens

But they get you to notice it. The more you notice it the better..

But if you watch, let's say an ad on youtube before the video starts, and you need to buy something, you'll buy the product from the brand that you're more familiar with.

When i see an advertisement before my video on youtube i remind myself that out of all the products i will not buy the one that wasted my time so thats not true

okeydokey27s avatar okeydokey27 Yeah You Are 0Reply