+996

You can act different around different people without being fake. Sometimes context just brings out different parts of you subconsciously. You are only being fake when you are directly contradicting core personal values and beliefs with your actions, amirite?

Joe_Larsons avatar Life
50 25
The voters have decided that Joe_Larson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

There are some people I enjoy being with simply because they bring out a rare aspect of my personality...

chloeroses avatar chloerose Yeah You Are +65Reply
@chloerose There are some people I enjoy being with simply because they bring out a rare aspect of my personality...

and the reverse: there are some people i hate simply because they bring out an aspect of my personality i hate

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +17Reply

I am a 100% completely different person around my friends than I am around my family. My friends just bring out the real me, and I almost do feel like I'm faking it around my family, but I wouldn't want to act like that around them anyways.

actbadlookgoods avatar actbadlookgood Yeah You Are +21Reply

With my certain friends that are more of my "just have fun" friends, I keep away from talking about things that I feel strongly about, or issues I'm having, because it wouldn't feel right. I also act more crazy and open with them.
With my more "serious" friends, I usually arise a lot of debates and restrain myself from going all crazy, cause they would just act as if I was pathetic.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +20Reply

Omfg thank you , this is so relative right now !

blonde_zoes avatar blonde_zoe Yeah You Are +10Reply
@blonde_zoe Omfg thank you , this is so relative right now !

If there are 5 Anons, call him by his real name: Anthony >:)

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +6Reply

were you replying to me or to her? if to her please explain

iamthewalruss avatar iamthewalrus Yeah You Are +1Reply

By "most websites" that includes FACEBOOK. Which I know almost everybody on here has used.

@Then say my name

The point is why take the option away in the first place? And what if there are like 5 Anons?

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +11Reply

I can't help but feel that people are being stupid on purpose about replies. It's not difficult.
Click reply, you're talking to the people who are talking about this comment. Right now I'm talking to blonde_zoe, iamthewalrue, SureImRite and StickCaveman.
It's like you guys have never used the internet before. Most websites are like this.

I love OP's username with this post! hehe smilie

@Shadi I love OP's username with this post!

Shadi his username doesn't add anything to the post doe

death_or_glorys avatar death_or_glory Yeah You Are +2Reply

Absolutely right :)

ssankoos avatar ssankoo Yeah You Are +2Reply

Around my friends, I act as if I'm on a sugar high and basically go batshit.

Around my family, all that energy that I spent with my friends is gone and I'm more relaxed, calmer, and more serious.

So really, you could say that I am both calm and hyperactive at the same time, yes? :)

@Kurrainette Around my friends, I act as if I'm on a sugar high and basically go batshit. Around my family, all that energy...

I don't know...I mean most people are more energetic and outgoing around their friends than normally...but you don't want to have such polar opposite personality traits in different settings, or how can anyone tell who the "real" you is? I guess what I'm saying is there is a distinction in acting different and acting completely different, as arbitrary as that sounds

Joe_Larsons avatar Joe_Larson Yeah You Are +3Reply

That's not at the same time. Sometimes you're energetic and sometimes you're relaxed.

personThingys avatar personThingy Yeah You Are +3Reply