+192

There should be buildings for people interested in doing drugs. Not an asylum, but a general place to go. Order a drug you'd like to use and then get escorted to a room to do it, where you will be safe and won't hurt yourself, or hurt a friend. It'd let drug users use drugs in a safe environment, and it would probably prevent problems such as gnawing off a random person's face. amirite?

AdonisBatheuss avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
2 44
The voters have decided that AdonisBatheus is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's not that bad of an idea, but the "you will be safe and won't hurt yourself" part bugs me. You can hurt or even kill yourself from the inside simply by using certain drugs, the dangerous part isn't just jumping off a building in a hallucination and stuff like that.

@Cpt_McMuffin That's not that bad of an idea, but the "you will be safe and won't hurt yourself" part bugs me. You can hurt or...

I was talking more about safe drugs than lethal ones.
Sometimes it's more about the dosage you take that kills you, which can definitely be controlled if there were a business for these things.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are 0Reply

They do already have places like this, but I think there should be more as the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. They provide clean needles to prevent the users getting hepatitis or HIV also it means that the needles are disposed of safely and not left where someone can accidentally get pricked by it. The chance of overdose is so small because they are monitored and there are medical staff on hand. Also they offer rehabilitation and support and encourage them to get clean. I seriously doubt that people are going to be encouraged to try drugs just because a place like that exists, but if they are they would have tried drugs anyway and at least it'll be in a safe environment.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +6Reply
@SpearmintMilk They do already have places like this, but I think there should be more as the advantages far outweigh the...

many people don't do drugs just because of the fact they don't want to be caught and get in trouble. But more places like that would mean that more people will have the courage to do drugs etc..

Plus... Why should there be medical staff there for people who are deliberatly harming themselves? When they could be working in hospitals, to help people who need help and who haven't harmed theirselves..

People would probably start sneaking drugs out of the building and no one would come back

@alyrawrr People would probably start sneaking drugs out of the building and no one would come back

Because nobody ever uses vaults, guards, security cameras, or any sort of protection, right?

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +3Reply

This isn't going to eliminate street drugs though.

@shedoesntevengohere This isn't going to eliminate street drugs though.

But it would most likely lower the amount of people who do street drugs once they switch to the building

@1722591

Yeah but it's almost as if you're promoting drug usage because there would be a specific place that it's okay to do it.

@1722591

Wait, let me get this straight. You want building for people to do drugs, but it's not alright to do them?
If you have a place for it, that shows the people that it's alright.

@1722591

People do it anyways, though. People will always do it, legalized or not, and that's what's making drugs safer. It's just putting them in a safer environment to do it.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1722591

Note that that's not what I'm implying, though. And note how you said "almost". "Well H20 is almost H202 and that's very lethal!" It's not the same.

If there's a SAFE place to do it, then yes, it's okay. Just like there's places to smoke in amusement parks. Would you rather they all smoke in your face?

@1722591

There's never going to be a full outlaw on drugs that every person would follow. Ever.
I'd rather there be no drugs at all. But I guarantee that will never happen, and I guarantee people won't stop. I support people having the decision to do what they want with their bodies.

And it is all right, when you do it in a place that can't harm you or anyone else more than the drug does. Safety is good.

What about harder drugs like Crystal Meth? Would people be together when they took them, or by themselves? Or not at all?

@mchalla3 What about harder drugs like Crystal Meth? Would people be together when they took them, or by themselves? Or not...

Unless the drug is too dangerous, people ought to be able to take them together, yeah.
Again, I'd rather these drugs be done in a safe environment, so crystal meth might as well be included. People would still do it anyways. Plus if anything goes wrong, employees would call an ambulance and help might be brought faster than it would if they were in their house or on the streets.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -2Reply

Vancouver has legal, safe injection places already.

@skye531 Vancouver has legal, safe injection places already.

I was going to mention that, and also that I believe safe injection sites are one of the best ways to aid in combating drug use. We need more of these, because they really help.

The Vancouver site:
http://supervisedinjection.vch.ca/home/

Spyder_Cats avatar Spyder_Cat Yeah You Are 0Reply

I like the idea of it, but I don't know many people who would be willing to work at a place like that and just watch people waste their money on drugs and get high. The employees, I assume, would probably have some sort of medical training. If I were to be in that field, I cant imagine myself just monitering people slowly killing themselves (if they were using some of the harder drugs) and refusing to get help.

And I wouldn't think many people would be so supportive of these places. If funds were to lack, the place could end up turning to the crappers and just be another unsafe drug house.

Doing drugs by yourself is boring.

@blonde_zoe Doing drugs by yourself is boring.

I didn't imply that at all. I'm saying that there's still a chance (though mainly with bath salts, but for some reason, cannibalism has been popping up very recently and I can only assume it's drugs since most of the cases have been reported so).
If being "bored" is a much worse risk than gnawing off somebody's face, then you have a serious selfish issue.

It's being safe. You won't go crazy and fall onto a table or grab a knife from the kitchen. That doesn't always happen with drugs and that's COMMON KNOWLEDGE WHICH DIDN'T NEED TO BE MENTIONED but there's still a risk that a trip can be very dangerous, and minimizing that risk is probably for the best.

No, I didn't. I didn't say that anywhere.
I consciously know that doesn't happen all the time. My friend does weed and I'm perfectly aware he doesn't go batshit insane.

Stop. You are accusing me of something that's utter bullshit with nothing to back it up.

Those don't happen all the time, either. But they're more likely to happen the harder they go, and there's always going to be a chance of that happening because like it or not people are stupid, and I'd rather they be stupid in a locked room than out in the open where anyone can bite my leg.

@LinksLegionaire I prefer smoking alone.

oh well, i can smoke alone but on other drugs its boring to be by myself. Like, if i pop and im alone its not as fun as it would be if i was with other people.

Did you seriously just imply that boredom is more threatening than gnawing off a person's face

I never said anything about being alone

They'd have to legalize drugs, that would be awks.
every time i think of the Miami face eater it makes my face feel funny and i have to check its still there. :| sickkkk

@Mehh They'd have to legalize drugs, that would be awks. every time i think of the Miami face eater it makes my face...

That's kinda why we should have these places.
Imagine if he just went to this building, got through his trip, and nobody was hurt or killed?

@AdonisBatheus That's kinda why we should have these places. Imagine if he just went to this building, got through his trip, and...

they'd have to legalise drugs... And even then there will be a age limit. And there will be under age people still doing drugs... You can't solve everything by doing one thingg

Legalizing drugs doesn't mean they're going to be sold door to door. They have restrictions on these things, you know. And so what if they do legalize them? Let people do what they want with their bodies.

Underaged people are stupid and will always be stupid and it really can't be helped. Drugs or no drugs, they'll find ways to kill themselves faster.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -1Reply
@AdonisBatheus Legalizing drugs doesn't mean they're going to be sold door to door. They have restrictions on these things, you...

didn't say they'd be sold door to door. But fact is if you legalize drugs it will give the option for more people to do it. And not care, because after all its legal. Underage people allready find ways to buy weed&stuff making it legal will just make it easier..

Hopefully you're aware the human psychology gets a stronger kick out of breaking the rules than it does from following them.

By the way, weed isn't bad anyways. If people want to hurt their bodies, let them. But do it in a place that doesn't affect me, my friends, or my family.

@AdonisBatheus Hopefully you're aware the human psychology gets a stronger kick out of breaking the rules than it does from...

yes, but it will get done more. Smoking is done more seeing as its legal. And it doesn't useually effect many people. Most people either do it in their own homes or in places such as woods, because its illegal. If it was legal there would be more people doing it on the street. Do you really want that?
Plus you allow your town to have drunk people, and don't complain about that, but fact is when drunk a lot of people get violent, compared to when people get high they are either really relaxed or just hyper. Not doing any damages like drunks. But there isn't houses for drunks to drink in and stay in till they are sober ? Much more damage is done by them. So put them in a house rather than the chill druggies seeing as alcohol is allready legal..

@1722680

Drug abuse shouldn't be encouraged. People should be educated on the harms of it (not propaganda, the real facts).

But either way, people are going to do them, and I'd rather they do them somewhere safe where they can't hurt me, or hurt anyone else.

Good thing someone already came up with this idea years ago! Seriously, quit being a dumbass someone already thought this up. You're not smart.

@Good thing someone already came up with this idea years ago! Seriously, quit being a dumbass someone already...

Good thing someone already came up with a site to share ideas and opinions years ago! Seriously, quit being a dumbass someone already thought this site up. This site is stupid.

I never heard the idea before this and only heard it from a friend on a forum. I elaborated on it. Heaven forbid that happens, though. Exchanging and sharing thoughts and ideas.

I never even implied I was smart, I just think this is a good idea. Goodness, you're stupid.