+237

It's annoying how in some TV shows, you'll see a character's has a small detail about themselves (ex. Jerry doesn't drink beer), that is ignored in a later episode (ex. Jerry's in the background of the shot, drinking a beer). Amirite?

LinksLegionaires avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
5 40
The voters have decided that LinksLegionaire is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

In That 70's Show , in the first season Donna has a younger sister in one of the episodes ....after which she's just never shown again and we all assume Donnas an only child (if we havnt seen that one episode!).... but I like how the makers of the show handled that BIG change by simply making a joke about it in one of the later seasons.... Narrator goes in the background "whatever happened to midges other daughter??" Lol

8DUrkarons avatar 8DUrkaron Yeah You Are +7Reply
@8DUrkaron In That 70's Show , in the first season Donna has a younger sister in one of the episodes ....after which she's...

They actually state in at least one of the later episodes that Donna's an only child, I think Bob or Midge mentions it

yeah exactly ! isn't that cool ...they just decided to revoke the younger sister after showing her !

8DUrkarons avatar 8DUrkaron Yeah You Are 0Reply

Oh my Gosh, it's a bit silly of me, but it drives me crazy that Joey from Friends is described as a Catholic in season one in more than one episode, but later on he is Jewish! And that's a large detail to change!

Lilblair16s avatar Lilblair16 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Lilblair16 Oh my Gosh, it's a bit silly of me, but it drives me crazy that Joey from Friends is described as a Catholic in...

It's also Joey
I dunno, but I always kinda feel like he could say he's from Mars and it would be believed XD

It never said that Joey was Jewish.
However one inconsistency I did notice is that in one of the very first episodes Monica makes meat lasagna for a party or something but it turns out it was supposed to be vegetarian, so she starts giving away the meat lasagnas. There's a scene in which some of the guys (including Phoebe) are finishing off the unwanted meat lasagna. But Phoebe's a vegetarian.
I've seen each Friends episode about six times so I apologize for being such a dork.
There are a few other inconsistencies but they're come to me.

ForeverMarauders avatar ForeverMarauder Yeah You Are +4Reply

In the episode where he has to be naked in a role. They want him to be uncircumcised but he isn't so Monica makes little "jackets" out of ham, and different meats for him to wear LOL

Yeah, it was of course XD
But it was in response to Monica remarking she was vegetarian, when Phoebe said she was going to eat a 1 dollar lobster and steak dinner
And that's meat too XD

I was just thinking that, I'm watching Community again and it is mentioned briefly that Pierce's father is dead.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Suzywao I was just thinking that, I'm watching Community again and it is mentioned briefly that Pierce's father is dead.

They say Pierce's mother saw his dad's ghost, or something, don't they?
I remember picking up on that.

But when he comes back they say "Mother liked to pretend so" What I was thinking of was Heroes where the speedster acts all confused when Hiro stops time. What did she think was happening all those other times?

Well yeah, but I would imagine that's shameless retconning, not that I can blame them. I never really got into Heroes, so I can't help you out with that one.

Suzywaos avatar Suzywao Yeah You Are 0Reply

Ya but at least they had some kind of cover up at least. Glad to see another community fan though.

That's why I like HIMYM so much. I can only think of one mistake they've made, in one episode Marshall said he'd never been in a fight and in a different one he said he got in fights with his brothers all the time. But most of the little things they do right, like in one episode it showed future Ted wearing a dress and I haven't seen this one yet, but I heard that in a recent episode they elaborated on it.

Graverottis avatar Graverotti Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Graverotti That's why I like HIMYM so much. I can only think of one mistake they've made, in one episode Marshall said he'd...

I know, except for the Marshall fighting bit (that drove me crazy), HIMYM has stayed consistent throughout all their seasons.

Props to the writers.

This happened on the show Psych. In one episode the Shawn draws a beautiful looking dinosaur in two minutes, but in a later episode, it's explained that there are tons of hand turkey drawings in his father's house that one character assumes Shawn drew when he was six, but he had actually only drawn the year before. Maybe i shouldn't pay that much attention....

most people don't notice them though

kay_nic1695s avatar kay_nic1695 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1722622

In a way it is kinda self-rewarding to notice them lol, but they still drive me crazy if it's my favorite show

Lilblair16s avatar Lilblair16 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1722729

Also in the first episode one of Rachel's dads was black, and in s3 neither of them were

Graverottis avatar Graverotti Yeah You Are 0Reply

You cant drink beer on TV

AwesomelyEpics avatar AwesomelyEpic Yeah You Are -3Reply
@AwesomelyEpic You cant drink beer on TV

In beer commercials you can't. I see it all the time in sitcoms, etc.

thatguyss avatar thatguys Yeah You Are 0Reply