+191

It's odd to think what an ancient egyptian spelling bee must have been like. For example, "Spell construction." "Squiggly line circle triangle sguiggly line dot moon dot." "Oh, sorry! You forgot another squiggly line," amirite?

TheBroadwayAuditions avatar
9 9
The voters have decided that TheBroadwayAudition is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It wasn't just random figures, it had meaning. It's like if the word cat for us was "triangle circle triangle whiskers paws tail". Anyone would guess it right.

@Nacklefoodle It wasn't just random figures, it had meaning. It's like if the word cat for us was "triangle circle triangle...

I'm aware of that. I was too lazy to bother to look up the ancient egyptian language for my joke. My bad.

I doubt that Egyptians had spelling bees.

The 'letters' in the ancient Egyptian language had sounds. They didn't just say what the symbol was a picture of.

@The 'letters' in the ancient Egyptian language had sounds. They didn't just say what the symbol was a picture of.

....
Okay, thank you. Again, I didn't look it up for my post...which was meant to be a joke. My bad.