+198

In a weird way, being self conscious is a egotistical attitude: you think everyone is focused on you or analyzing even the small little things you do (because we are all so important, right?) We know that this isn't true, but we are self conscious anyways, amirite?

Joe_Larsons avatar Jokes & Humour
7 7
The voters have decided that Joe_Larson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't think being self conscious means you think everyone is focused on you or analyzing you. You can be self conscious even when you're not around other people.

@UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm I don't think being self conscious means you think everyone is focused on you or analyzing you. You can be self...

Being self conscious is all about worrying what others are thinking of you, so even if you are alone, worrying about it is being kinda egotistical

Joe_Larsons avatar Joe_Larson Yeah You Are +1Reply

"Excessively conscious of one's appearance or manner."

Doesn't necessarily have to be because of others.

There are different definitions for the word, so I guess it all depends on what your individual definition is. For me, I don't think of it as constantly worrying about what other people will think, I think of it as worrying about your appearance even if people are not around.

So, basically either way we're bad people .___.