+122

Your perception of someone changes when you find out something major about their life, like if they have a major disease or if they have divorced parents, amirite?

TheRaftsmans avatar
0 12
The voters have decided that TheRaftsman is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Why should my perception of someone change because their parents are divorced?

@Astronaut_Will Why should my perception of someone change because their parents are divorced?

Maybe because you realize that they might've has a tough life due to their parentd fighting and you think to be more accepting and less mean to them.

TheRaftsmans avatar TheRaftsman Yeah You Are +8Reply

From then on you will perceive them as someone with divorced parents.

@From then on you will perceive them as someone with divorced parents.

But that shouldn't change who they are. Why should you label someone by the marital conditions of their parents?

Everyone who NW'd is lying. Can you honestly tell me that you've never, ever changed your view of someone because you found out something new and/or surprising about them? We all do this, even if it's only on a subconscious level.

Of course. As I learn something new about a person (or even an inanimate objects) my perception changes.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +7Reply

I agree but divorce isn't very uncommon where I come from and I actually think some people assume I have divorced parents by default. I could be wrong of course.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +5Reply

I wonder why some people are NWing. Your perception of them an even change for the better. I find it hard to believe that some people have not experienced this. I don't agree with the divorce thing (It's not a big deal at all to me and is super common), but the idea of the post still stands.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +4Reply

I had a friend who I'd only known for a month or two, and then I found out he was on medication for ADD or slight autism or something. I don't treat him differently, it was just surprising.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are +2Reply

I don't think much about others having divorced parents though.

ItsATraps avatar ItsATrap Yeah You Are +1Reply