+178

After the civil rights movement, it was probably awkward for everyone to accept black people as normal or equals, but now they are generally accepted. Maybe that will happen with gays, and right now is just the awkward stage where they don't have acceptance overall. amirite?

GiggityGoo22s avatar Relationships
1 2
The voters have decided that GiggityGoo22 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I know you probably didn't mean it this way, but you know that racism is still happening and still a problem, right? Saying PoC are "generally accepted" as "equals" now is hugely ignoring the many problems they still face compared to their white peers. Just would like to say that before people start patting themselves on the back thinking racism is over. Like I said, I know you probably didn't mean it how it kind of sounded.

@Chou I know you probably didn't mean it this way, but you know that racism is still happening and still a problem...

Well that's why I said generally accepted. I know racism still exists but I mean people aren't like picketing to have separate water fountains and shit or anything.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are +4Reply