+282

No matter what your belief, it's very disrespectful to laugh at a religion and call the people stupid and naive for believing in 'fairy tales'. Joking occasionally is fine because it's harmless, but trying to prove you're better and smarter than somebody because they believe in something you don't is rediculous. amirite?

Encore93s avatar
6 15
The voters have decided that Encore93 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It pisses me off so much when someone says things like "God is Santa for adults" and things like that. I try to stay away from religious debates because I think insulting someone's beliefs is ridiculous. There's a good chance you aren't going to get an atheist to believe in God and you aren't going to get a Christian to abandon their religion because "it's stupid."

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +28Reply
@Statefarm It pisses me off so much when someone says things like "God is Santa for adults" and things like that. I try to...

I didn't specifically mean your post since I've seen a lot of people say that. I wasn't implying it was a joke.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +3Reply

Oh, really? I thought I was being original (cry2)

And I thought that's what you were implying because the post was all "it's bad to laugh at religion".

I disagree. I think it's bluediculous.

@YeahIAm I disagree. I think it's bluediculous.

I don't think it's quite bluediculous. Maybe tealdiculous.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +7Reply

Either way, it's certainly not rediculous. It's pathetic how some people don't understand their color
-diculouses.

To be honest I think that Religion (I have none) is a beautiful thing.

*ridiculous

@Kasanova *ridiculous

Thanks, was in a hurry and didn't have time to spell check.

Encore93s avatar Encore93 Yeah You Are +1Reply

Whether or not there is a god doesn't really matter. Everyone has some sort of belief system, even the most hardcore atheist, it's just the way the human brain functions. Without assumed truths there can be nothing upon which to base logic (just ask Rene Descartes), and with no logic there can be no intelligence. I'm atheist but it doesn't really matter one way or the other whether there is a god, or what such a god may be. In the end we're here on earth together and might aswell make it a decent amicable place to live out our lives, agreeing to disagree.

Thank you. To be honest, calling the Bible a "fairy tale" is really annoying and not even funny anymore. I don't understand why atheists feel the need to insult my religion, even though I respect them for not having one.

To quote MysteryWalker, "We all have a right to believe what we want to believe. Unfortunately, that means we all also run the risk of being ignorant nobs who believe in the wrong thing. If that is the case, maybe I'll see you in Hell. If so, let's agree to continue our discussion there."

Cpt_McMuffins avatar Cpt_McMuffin Yeah You Are 0Reply