+220

You know why there are more boy bands than girl bands? Because its harder to get a huge fan base; guys don't really do the huge fandom thing and girls don't get all fan-girlish over other girls. And it's a lot easier for guys to stand the gross conditions of being on a tour bus for weeks at a time. amirite?

SunflowersAreSunnys avatar Music
1 6
The voters have decided that SunflowersAreSunny is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

SNSD, f(x), Wonder Girls, Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1 , T-ara, KARA, RAINBOW, 4MINUTE, SISTAR, Secret, After School

@SNSD, f(x), Wonder Girls, Brown Eyed Girls, 2NE1 , T-ara, KARA, RAINBOW, 4MINUTE, SISTAR, Secret, After School

Basically this. And Miss A of course.
Girl bands appeal to both guys and girls, but boy band just don't have as big a male fanbase, hence why girl groups are the hot thing right now. If you look, most of the successful rookies last year were girl groups.

I don't think a girl band's tour bus would be gross. I also think it being harder for a large number of girls to get along at the same time contributes to it. I don't know the inner workings of it, be it simultaneous PMS, or wearing the same thing or whatever else, but I just hear about it from my friends who have sisters.

I've met a huge number of people who had intended to learn an instrument and join a band, and so far, out of all of them I have only known about 3 girls who'd actually committed to it rather than just sort of learning their part and waiting for the record contract to fall at their feet, before quitting after maybe a month.
That isn't me being sexist, that is an observation I have made.