+369

You get annoyed when there's product placement in movies, but you also get annoyed when they avoid product placement by using stupid-sounding generic names, like "Web Searcher" instead of "Google", amirite?

Brands & Products
7 12

I think it's hilarious when movies/TV shows come up with fake brand names that are really obvious. For example, in Drake and Josh, I love how they have Mocha-Cola, Chuck E. Cheddar's, and PearPods.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky Yeah You Are +22Reply
@HMDucky I think it's hilarious when movies/TV shows come up with fake brand names that are really obvious. For example, in...

Oh, yeah. I think that was on Zoey 101. Everyone had something like that.

Also, as much as I'd love to make fun of B-Frendz, there's actually a social networking site called SwagFriends, which is almost as bad.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky Yeah You Are +3Reply

They do it so they don't get sued.

One of the made up search engines is Finder Spyder. The son uses it in Breaking Bad, and I've seen it a few other places.

Neither of those things bother me in the least.